Where do I look in my source to find the code that is causing this error ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters

Hi;

My problem began when I deleted the key field in my grid view.

I checked my web page code and also corrected my update command and parameters in my table adapter.

I would really rather not start over.

Thanks for any insights !

GMann
0
bamagrad

Can you provide the code?

bass4g0d
8/20/2008 6:30:59 PM

Hi;

  Problem S O L V E D !

  I thought I had tried this solution, changing  OldValuesParameterFormatString="{original_0}"  to

  OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}"  as in this tag

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete"

InsertMethod="Insert" OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" SelectMethod="GetData"

TypeName="ProjectsAndTasksTableAdapters.TasksTableAdapter" UpdateMethod="Update">

 I continued to get  ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters

 until I rebuilt my page.

GMann
0
bamagrad

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Error Message:  Server Error in '/call in' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Name, Date, Shift, Call_Answered, Left_Message, Call_Returned, Available, Complete, original_TaskID, Call Answered, Left Message, Call Returned. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excepti...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Looks like I am not the only person th ever have a problem with this, and I have it working fine on other forms.   Any help would be appreciated.  Again here select, and delete are ok.  I handle the adds with BLL code just the Update is making me crazy.  I have included the code for the aspx page and a snippet of the xsd code dealing with the Update. Error Message: ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: CompanyID, FacilityName, Address1, Address2, C...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'name_of_the Method' that has parameters
Hi am getting this error when am trying to insert new record in Details View   ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'insertdata' that has parameters    The data source for the details view is objectdatasoure which configured on class located in app_code folder   the class contain 2 methods one for selecting and one for inserting  ,     please anyone can help to solve this problem 1) Did you define the method that will handle the inserting for the ObjectDataSource control? (posting the code from the .as...

Error updating with datagridview: ObjectDataSource 'objsavers' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: ContentID, Title, Price, DisplayDate, EndDate, original_ID
Hello,    I am having difficulty with using the objectdatasource tied to a typed dataset in another assembly. I dragged my table over to my typed dataset.  I dragged a datagridview to my form.  I told it to create a new objectadatasource, and pulled its data from a query I added called FillByContentID (which gets its parameter from the querystring, as in request.querystring("id")). It pulls the data just fine, I try to edit a row, and when I update the row, I get the following error message: ObjectDataSource 'objsavers' could not find a non-generic method 'Update...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetRatings' that has no parameters.
I've been studying this tutorial over here at: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/data/databases.aspx#updatedelete but I can't seem to get my gridview working.  I want to be able to edit the fields and also delete an entire row from the table if needed. I hard coded in the update and delete commands into my objectdatasource but I still get the error message. Also, I can't even refresh the aspx page: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/templates/admin.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="article_comments.as...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'updateEvent' that has parameters

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Insert' that has parameters
Same problem 99% of all Object programmers in VS2005 are having when using Insert and XSD's.  I have a DETAILS VIEW (not a gridview) for INSERTING records into a database.  XSD has been built with ONE stored procedure added to it (thought I'd narrow it down).  The spInsertRecord (for example) is connected to the INSERT dropdown on the datasource and the SELECT procedure (of course, we HAVE to have one of those or you jsut don't get the "next" button in the wonderful wizard of MS) set to CreateObjRef (because I've already tried creating a SP just for ...

ObjectDataSource 'SearchDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters ...
Sorry to post yet another question about this.  I've spent 5 days googling and found great solutions such as:  In Design Mode on your aspx click on your SearchDataSource and change the OldValuesParameterFormatString from "Origional_{0}" to "{0}" without the quotes.  I've also read that you should set the ID columns read-only property to false.  I've also read several posts where someone has just mis-spelled something or the parameters in their Update didn't match their DataSet.  So I've seen many happy people and I'm a hope...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetData' that has parameters: CustomerID, .
Hi all!  I'm getting this error in my page. I have a ReportViewer object and its ObjectDataSource. I've seen some fixes changing the OldValuesParameterFormatString from "original_{0}" to "{0}", but no way. Any idea? <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="RVScan" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt" Height="100px" Width="150px" ShowToolBar="False"> <LocalReport ReportPath="ReportScan.rdlc"> <DataSources> <rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="ObjectDataSource2" Name="MonitorDS_AuditMonitor" /> </DataSources> </LocalReport> </rsweb:Repo...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'xxx' that has [no] parameters: yyyyyyyyy
Please help! This is a simple form with an Add button, a Gridview with Edit and Delete enabled, and an ObjectDataSource. The ObjectDataSource references a class in the App_Code directory, which provides sub routines for the Get, Insert, Update, and Delete actions. Each subroutine calls a stored procedure. The Insert capability works fine, and the GridView displays the data using the Get method just fine as well. However, there are two errors: First is on the UpdateMethod:ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'UpdateObject' that has parameters: objectText....

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'FillMenusByLocation' that has parameters: @locationId
I'm trying to use a typed dataset and ObjectDataSource binding to SQLX db using a foreign key to filter the returned result set to display in a GridView.The error is generated when I try to bind the following GridView to the ObjectSource that follows: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Insert" SelectMethod="FillMenusByLocation"             TypeName="RestaurantsTableAdapters.MenusTableAdapter" UpdateMethod="Update">    <DeleteParameters> &nbs...

DB Column Name with spaces: ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters
I created a very simple web form to update a table which contains column names with spaces. For example: Serial Number,  Stock Number, etc. However, it seems the FormView control try to find the update method which has two parameters for each column name contains space (one with space and another one of underscore, e.g. Serial Number and Serial_Number) The error message is ObjectDataSource 'odsEquipment' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Year, Manufacture, Model, Price, Serial_Number, Condition, Stock_Number, Horse_Power, Driv...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Insert' that has parameters: Identity Column insertion issue
   Hi, I am using ObjectDatasource for Insert/Update/Delete record from the table. Both Update and Delete are working fine but only problem with Insertion, I have CMP_ID is my primary key(PK) and its 'Identity' coulum, so whenever new record created the PK will generate automatically. Below is my Code snaps. <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Insert" SelectMethod="GetData" OldValuesParameterFormatString="{0}" TypeName="CompanysDatasetTableAd...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSourceMac' could not find a non-generic method 'Update'
I am using GridView for editing my data in Visual Studio 2005. So, when I click on "update", following error has been occuring. ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSourceMac' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Machine_Type, Model, Manufacturer, Sold, original_Machine_ID, Machine Type. May the smile on your face Come straight from your heart :)khuram latifSr. Web Developer, As the error message suggests, you need an Update command in your ObjectDataSource that has those parameters. It must also be non-generic, again, as the error m...

Web resources about - Where do I look in my source to find the code that is causing this error ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters - asp.net.presentation-controls