What is the difference between e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0] and e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[1] ?

I usually work with Datagrid but I do not understand the difference between ...Controls[0] & Controls[1] in DataGrid.

Please give some suggestion !

Thanks a lot !

0
pvphuc

briefly

a DataGrid is rendered as an HTML Table containing TR ( item ) and TD ( cells ) elements at runtime

e.Item.Cells refer to the TableCellCollection in the current row

this cells collection, like any collection in .NET, is zero-based, meaning the first cell in the Cells collection is Cells [ 0 ], and the next is Cells [ 1 ], etc.

e.Item.Cells [ x ].Controls refer to the control collection within the cell. This can happen when you use column types other than the BoundColumn.

likewise, this controls collection is zero-based, meaning the first control in the first cell is Cells [ 0 ].Controls [ 0 ] , the next is Cells [ 0 ].Controls [ 1 ], and so on

Reynald V. Nuñez
aspxtreme
0
ReyN
7/7/2006 1:19:00 PM
Thanks ReyN !
0
pvphuc

e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[1]
In asp.net 1.1I have a datagrid with templatecolumn<TemplateColumn><Itemtemplate><asp:label id="empno" runat=server></asp:label></ItemTemplate>How can i retrieve the empno of Employee in ItemDatabound?e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[1] does not contain property like text or value Controls[0] is showing as literal control,Controls[2] is pointing as Labelpls help me,its very urgent req Try to use the following code to find the <asp:label/> in <asp:DataGrid/> in ItemDatabound event handler.Label lblPlus = dgPhone.Items[e.Item.ItemIndex].FindCo...

Invalid use of '.', '!', or '()'. in query expression 'CType(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox).Text'.
Hi ppl, hope u can solve my prob, i getting this error:<Code> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here If Not Page.IsPostBack Then BindData() End If End Sub Sub BindData() '1. Create a connection Const strConnStr As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\IT2691\speedy.mdb;" Dim objConn As New OleDbConnection(strConnStr) objConn.Open() '2. Create a command object for the query Const strSQL As String = "SELECT * FROM Products"...

1.1 vs. 2.0 differences - disabled child controls in a User Control - span tags
We have a user control that has a panel with some checkboxes on it (via a data driven checkboxlist).  The panel starts out disabled.  The checkboxes are set to enabled.  As expected, because the checkboxes are on the panel, they are not enabled when the page paints.  The user can enable the panel via client side javascript.Under 1.1, this enbales all of the checkboxes.Under 2.0 the checkboxes remain disabled. This is using the same source code and the same compiled dlls.  All I have to do to get the different behaviors is set the version of ASP.NET under IIS for...

Finding Controls from User Control issue. C#.NET 1.1
Okay, I have a user control that opperates on a DataGrid. I have a Page which has a DataGrid my userControll on it. My User Control needs to operate on that Datagrid (and hold it's formation through post-backs, not in the viewstate). So the only thing I can think of is to find the DataGrid by it's name, which is set in the html as the public property string DataGridName: public string DataGridName         {             set             {     &n...

Dim compName As TextBox = CType(gridCompany.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox)
Hi.I want to update the data in the gridview using Edit/Update button (commandfield).I use this code below to retrieve the value of the cell in the gridview :Dim compName As TextBox = CType(gridCompany.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox)Is the code above correct to get the new value which I want to save in the database? Because I tried, but it contains the old value, not the new value I typed to be saved..Plus, this other problem happened : sometimes the code above can be used, but sometimes there's an error says :Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Param...

Controls: Differences between 1.1 and 2.0?
I'm starting to plan for a project consisting of a design time control for some developers to use in their applications. Could anyone tell me how different this is in .NET 1.1 from 2.0? If we decide to go with 1.1, which is likely because of dependencies to 3rd party software, how will the transition be to 2.0 in the next 12 months when the 3rd party software catches up to 2.0? Is there anything major in 2.0 specifically dealing with building design time controls that can help my push towards 2.0? Thanks in advance for any input.Chris StewartCompiledMonkey.com A few thoughts: 1. Yo...

IE Web Controls, Upgrade 1.0 to 1.1
I have an application that uses Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls from .Net Framework version 1.0.3705. I have moved the web app over to vs 2003 (Framework 1.1) and now the tabstrip control won't work. I have been reading that you can upgrade the dll to 1.1 but haven't seen how. Any Thoughts? Thanks! Mike...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

Form Controls and Table Cells disappear on FF 1.5 and 1.0.7 when shift + double click
Have you noticed that Form Controls and Table Cells disappear on FF 1.5 and 1.0.7 when you shift + double click on them? Is it a known bug? Andrea Verlicchi Web Designer http://www.andreaverlicchi.com ...

.net controls 2.0 > 1.1
Hi guys, stupidly(perhaps) i've learnt to build controls in asp.net 2.0, as my live web server doesnt run this, I obviously cannot use this; what im getting at the moment is; The directive is missing a 'assembly' attribute. and its throwing at the register tag, which is formatted as such. <%@ Register TagPrefix="Ven" Namespace="clashdiary" %>the class is pretty basic, it over writes the rendering of a calendar control, and some other things ive done specific to its function as a diary. The class is statemented like such; Namespace ClashDiary     <...

IE Web Control from 1.0.3705 to v 1.1.4322????
My Web control work with Framework 1.0.3705, but its doesn't work with 1.1.4322..why??? When I run Build.bat it make folder Build with all files but it give me a message: System.Xml.Xls.Transform is obsolete.etc. What is the problem? Please help me... i've few few time!! thanks all! Have you registered ASP v1.1 on your internet information server IIS? You can do that by using "aspnet_regiis -i" from the command line You will find aspnet_regiis in your Windows directory %Systemroot%\Windows.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 It is important to use aspnet_regiis fro...

Datagrid(.net 1.1) to GridView(.net 2.0) and using the RowUpdating event how to extract the values from the controls.
Ok  This is the settings: I use a Viewgrid with only itemtemplate colums for example. <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Test"><ItemTemplate><asp:Label id="LBL_Test" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Test1") %>' runat="server" meta:resourcekey="LBL_TestResource1"></asp:Label></font></ItemTemplate> <EditItemTemplate><asp:TextBox ID="HDN_Test" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Test1") %>' Runat="server" meta:resourcekey="HDN_TestResource1" /></EditItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField>  The ...

Web resources about - What is the difference between e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0] and e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[1] ? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Atlassian battles Slack for control of the modern workplace
Atlassian went public only a week ago, and already a new front has opened up in its battle with a key competitor.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Victoria bushfires: Out-of-control blazes in Victoria as heatwave continues across southern Australia ...
Victoria's Country Fire Authority says houses are likely to be impacted by a 3,000-hectare bushfire west of Melbourne.

Stringify your life by taking control and automating tasks
... Adobe Post or If you can think it, you can create it in Scribblenauts Unlimited . Stringify IF by IFTTT Stringify your life by taking control ...

How to engage Tesla's Launch Control mode
Filed under: Green , Videos , Tesla , Electric Short video shows Model S keeping it straight on a rain-slicked road.

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

San Bernardino Gun Control Poll
Would Tougher Gun Control Laws Prevent Mass Shootings In California? [question q=”1″] [email][submit] *Completing this poll entitles you to Daily ...