What is the advantage of the CSS control adapter for the gridview?

 The Grid View has built in styling capabilities with the "HeaderStyle-CssClass" and the "ItemStyle-CssClass" attributes.  Why sould someone want to use the CSS Friendly Control Adapter for this if it has this built in capability?

  The html that it produces via the adapter doesn't seem that much better than the html that it produces normally.  Is the only reason to use the adapter on the Grid View so that the output can be manually changed?  For instance,  the table that is put out by the Grid View can canged into <divs>.    For this control, the extra work of using the control adapter doesn't seem worth it.

 Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts.
0
newbie2C

Yes the purpose of the adapters is to convert the rendered output into something "cleaner", forexample DIVs rather than tables.  Personally I dont see the point, if you are wanting to display tabular data then you should use a table!  Some people feel very passionate about div'ing up everything.  Also if the rendered output is no good, then it feels rather hacky to take that and convert it into something "clearner", you might as well write your own set of controls that renders the output properly first time!

That is just my opinion though, some people will tell you how great they are etc, so really its up to you and what you feel is best for you requirements.

David Kiff
http://DavidKiff.co.uk

DavidKiff

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

CSS Control Adapter for Gridview
I am tryin to style a gridview.My site is using CSS Friendly control adapter. I am new to this. Can u guys pls help me make the gridview look better. Every time i add a div tag,i get an error that div is not a property of the gridview.If i put it to envelope the gridview, nothin happens!! Thanks.  If you left the (ID) of the GridView as GridView1 then you should be able to find <div class="AspNet-GridView" id="GridView1"> in the source when you run the page.   You can use the class to style the GridView.  You should also be able to find ot...

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

There is a Gridview Control in the tmplate field of another GridView Control.
    For instance,a gridview displays the information of the  students in a class.A table is recording the information except their mark.There is another table recording the mark of the students whose foreign key is the primary key of the previous table.   string strSQLconnection=".................."; SqlConnection sqlCononection=new SqlConnection(strSQLconnection); SqlCommand sqlCommand=new SqlCommand("select * from stuendent where classID=1",sqlConnection); SqlConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader reader=sqlCommand.ExecuteReader(); GridVie...

Control Adapter for the Image control
I apologise if this is not the right group to ask, but I didn't see a better one...I'm trying to write a Control Adapter to override the rendering of the asp:Image control, mainly because I have some very image-heavy pages and I don't want the obligatory style="boder-width:0px;" that ASP.NET annoyingly applies to every image, thus adding to the overall page weight.This is what I'm trying to...public class ImageAdapter : WebControlAdapter { protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) { Image imageControl; imageControl = this.Control as Imag...

validation controls in gridview control
hi, I m using the grid view to add,edit,update,delete the data table. Everything is fine.In the footertemplate i get the values through text boxes and drop down lists.i took place sm validation controls to validate these controls.the problem arises here.if i want to update the record after i click the edit button, it validate the page n dont allow me to update the record.I want to validate the particular controls only. i checked if any causes validation property for update button.there is nothing like that. pls help me.. thanks in advance gowri  regards,gowripillaimark as answer if...

SqlDataSource Control and Gridview control
Hi, I'm new to web development and learning about these controls.  The books teach you to bind the gridview control to an sqldatasource to perform delete,update,insert functions as well as to list the records in a table.  Is this standard practice for real world applications?  Or is there another way that should be used to display/manage table data in the gridview control? Thanks. Tulsi Using a sqldatasource is the best way I know of for binding data to a gridview.  (I'm pretty new to web development too, so maybe someone else can chime in if they know someth...

Precise Control over GridView controls?
Hi.When you create a GridView in visual studios and bind it to, say, an SqlDataSource, it automatically creates fields and templates according to the types retrieved from the data source. (ie, it creates a Label for number/string columns, checkboxField for booleans, etc). My question: How do I control precisely what WebControls/Fields are used for each column?thanks,Tombow Hi Tombow Using TemplateFields you can control that explicitly.  See the Data Tutorial #12 at http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63 for more details. Hope that helps. AaronDon't...

using controlS to control a gridview
This question is probably posted but i did not bother to look at 10,000+ posts so i am sorry. I've seen the tutorial where he builds a dataset and uses a gridview and controls the gridview with the drop down list box. What i am trying to do is to control the gridview with 2 drop down list boxes. First select the Country you life in and then the State. I've looked at the grid view properties but couldn't find where i can add another parameter. Is it possible to control a grid view (or any form of displaying the information) with more than 1 controller? Thank You.  ...

Web resources about - What is the advantage of the CSS control adapter for the gridview? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Comparative advantage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In economics , the theory of comparative advantage refers to the ability of a person or a country to produce a particular good or service at ...

How Facebook Pages Can Take Advantage Of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Now that the Halloween costumes have been put away and all of the candy has been eaten, Thanksgiving is the next big holiday on tap, as well ...

1 powerful tactic allows businesses to take advantage of Facebook’s new mobile game publishing platform ...
... and mobile sites. Facebook will also give developers access to analytics tools as well. This is an innovative way for businesses to take advantage ...

VA Advantage (@VAAdvantage) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here VA Advantage @ VAAdvantage ...

Google : What perks would you take advantage of if you had one last month at Google?
Answer (1 of 2): I can think of two. One that most people will think of as a perk, one that they won't (but should). 1. Use your massage coupons/credits. ...

Prudential Advantage Realty for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Prudential Advantage Realty for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage." - YouTube
Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid. DATE: October 17, 2013 SOURCE: h ...

UAE should exploit its major advantages in ecosystems
An economic ecosystem is the web of resources and rules that helps an invention - the "eureka!" moment - become a useful product, service or ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

City perks with hometown advantage
Living in regional or rural Australia doesn't mean you have to miss out on the tertiary qualification you want.