What causes this ? Last row in gridview gives "dropdown list has missing selected value"

Hi;

I am getting the dropdown list has missing selected value, parameter value message when I click on the Edit button (Edit Mode) in the button column on the LAST row of my gridview and only on this row.

The dropdown control works fine in all the others row.

Why ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GMann

Perhaps that row represents a record in the database table that has an invalid value in the column

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
11/25/2008 2:27:51 AM

Good answer.

Invalid data in my db table.

But the error message was right.

To my way of thinking I had loaded a null value somewhere in the DDL..

So I started searching through the DDL.

But the error was in fact in my table.

SO how is the following for this type of error message ?

The binding mechanism could not reconcile the value store in the table's column value with a corresponding dropdown list value.

Thanks again for the BIG clue !

0
GMann

"To" and "From" missing

sql for Financial Reporting periods "This Month", "Last Month", "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "This Year", "Last Year"
Does anyone know of a way to use a funtion for returning records based on fiscal reporting periods like Quickbooks uses for example "This Month", "Last Month", "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "This Year", "Last Year". While I realize that I can create a very long date time parsing routine  for this but it is not very elegant or useful. I thought there might be a way to do this already with an existing function.I have created a stored procedure that I pass a @ViewRange Parameter to and it returns the records that I want but I ne...

Dropdown ListBox Selected Value not "Selecting" on display
I have a dropdown listbox on a web form that is driving me nuts! I get its selected value from the DB and attach it via a databind, all done in the PageLoad. I can trace the me.DropDownListType.SelectedItem.Value and it is set properly yet in the browser it still just sits on the first option. Can anyone explain why the property is set correctly yet value is not display in the browser? Please Help. Please paste your code. That will help assess where your problem is.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question SelectedItem is a read-only pr...

"Null" value as "No Data" in Gridview
I have a TextBox in GridView which is filled with database value... whenever the value is "Null" I want the textbox as "No Data" How to do it??? thanks in advance If you are using SQL Server you can do it in your SELECT statement just use isnull(ColumnName,'No Data'). For example:  SELECT isnull(CoName,'No Data') CoName, isnull(CoAddress,'No Address') CoAddress FROM Company Where.... I do not have access to DB.... so I want to do it in gridview... how to do it ???  how u r binding the grid?Thanks and RegardsKrish-I have not fai...

Gridview on Custom Control "Child"
I've got a gridview in a re-usable custom control that I've dropped on to a parent page.  When I select a row on the child custom control gridview, I want the resulting SelectedIndex (or other value) to be passed back to a subroutine on the parent page.I know how to capture the SelectedIndexChanged event and the value in the child custom control.I don't know how to then invoke the subroutine on the parent page (call it "RespondToChildControlSelection") (if this is possible)Any guidance on this would be appreciated.Thanks! Hi~ What about putting the value in ViewS...

New version is missing the "unread", "last five days", "recent mail", "all" display categories
Name: Alan Cottrell Email: cottrellatidirectdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: New version is missing the "unread", "last five days", "recent mail", "all" display categories Comments: Hi, Updated when the recent (Aug 16,2007?)update was sent out. I tend to keep most things in the "inbox" and I used to have it set to display only the unread messages. With this new release I do not seem to have this functionality and I am concerned that I might miss new unread e-mails amongst the others in the in-box. If this feature is not avail...

Can not sort with "GridView" when modifying "Query" with a "LinkButton" outside of the "GridView"
I have a "GridView" that displays results from a "LinkButton" that modifys the query with a "SelectCommand" statement. The problem I am having is the "GridView" will not sort the results when I click on a column heading, I get an empty "GridView".I have 2 "DropDownList" controls, one is "CAMPUS" and the other is "DEPARTMENT". Those controls retrieve thier respective querys and the "GridView" does sort post query. On the other side of the webpage I have A-Z letters each in thier on "LinkButton". Each will retrieve the last name of the employees matching the letter associated with the "LinkBut...

"Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control" when using cascading dropdown list in Gridview
Hi, it seems my sad little attempts at developing ASP.NET web page are full of problems.. Earlier I asked a question about using a dropdown list in the gridview to update a table. Someone helped me with that. Thank you. But now I run into another problem after solving that one... Basically, I have a gridview control that reads data from the main table (table name: transaction). When a user clicks the "Edit" link, the user will be able to select an item from a dropdown list, which reads from a second table (table name: source), and when the user click "Update" li...

Gridview Dropdown Filtering
Hi Expert, Is there way that I can select from the dropdown to show all data out on the datagrid? Because by default, the dropdown always filter the datagrid based on specific data I selected. I want to able to select all. Thanks!!Joe Lee Absolutely, Use LIKE in the WHERE clause of your SQL statement.  In your DropDownList set the value of your *Select All* option to %.  The % symbol is a woldcard for anything; so it will select everything.Whether you think you can or you think you can't; you're right.If Heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, then I don't wanna g...

"De-Select" Gridview Row
I've got a gridview in a user control, which is hidden on initial page load.Based on ButtonA click, I show the user control with gridview.Then>   I do a select on a row>   The selected row highlights>   The code puts the selection in a session var>   I use a button on the parent page to hide the user control, get the selection from the session var and do something with it.So, now the gridview in the user control is hidden again.The problem is that when I go back through the cycle, and the user control is made visible again, the selected row on the gridview...

What is the meaning of the "rows" value after a select?
I inherited some perl code that mostly works, but which I've a couple questions about what it is doing. Skipping miscellaneous comments, etc. the code sets some variables from a file, sets its oracle environment, and then does the following: $oraProdDBH = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:", $user_name, $password) or die "Failed to connect to $DBI:errstr\n"; $oraProdDBH->{RaiseError} = 1; $oraProdDBH->{AutoCommit} = 0; $oraProdDBH->{LongReadLen}=4000; $getMatchRec = $oraProdDBH->prepare (q{ SELECT sec_person_id, unix_uid FROM csi_core WH...

How to insert a row of data from "Textbox form" into a "Gridview"
Hi friends, I searched google also, but really couldnt find a solution to my problem. I got a gridview named PersonGridView which lists the datas that are stored in one the table of my database. Selecting, Updating and Deleting properties of my gridview works successfully. But I couldnt add the last property: INSERT For this, I coded nice input form made of Textboxes and Labels like below: .   . <tr> <td><asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Name" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="Small" Height=&q...

missing method "asn" in "Net::LDAP::LDIF"
hi! I just tried to work a bit with Net::LDAP::LDIF but I got an error during $ldap->add: Can't locate object method "asn" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP.pm line 444, <DATA> line 225. I recently installed Convert::ASN1 0.19 an perl-ldap-0.33. Any hints? Thanks a lot! -- Liebe Gruesse, with best regards Stephan Lauffer [ Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany ] [ http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/ ] [ Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -459/ -486 ] Hi, On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 2...

Web resources about - What causes this ? Last row in gridview gives "dropdown list has missing selected value" - asp.net.presentation-controls