validation controls in gridview control

hi,

I m using the grid view to add,edit,update,delete the data table. Everything is fine.In the footertemplate i get the values through text boxes and drop down lists.i took place sm validation controls to validate these controls.the problem arises here.if i want to update the record after i click the edit button, it validate the page n dont allow me to update the record.I want to validate the particular controls only. i checked if any causes validation property for update button.there is nothing like that.

pls help me..

thanks in advance

gowri

regards,
gowripillai

gowripillai

use validation group property o fthe validation control. This links discusses the same

http://www.dotnet-guide.com/validationgroups.html

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
2/7/2008 11:12:06 AM

hi,

thanks for your help. but i m using VS.net 2003.i coulnt find any validation group property for any of the validation controls.Is any other possible ways???

gowri

regards,
gowripillai

gowripillai
2/8/2008 4:38:41 AM

Hi gowripillai  ,

No matter what tool you are using, javascript always can work.

See these useful link.

http://www.dalkescientific.com/writings/NBN/validation.html

http://www.cnblogs.com/light169/archive/2006/01/22/321584.html

http://www.elated.com/articles/form-validation-with-javascript/

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

Creating a User Control validator that validates a control on the page, rather than inside the control.
I'm trying to create a custom user control that is nothing more than a RangeValidator that validates other controls that lie on the page rather than inside the control itself... is this possible, is there a way to "bubble" it up. Thanks, G My answer to your other question regarding the CompareValidator applies here. If the custom control is in the same naming container AND does not implement INamingContainer, you can create a property that lets the user assign the control to validate. Internally assign the Validator.ControlToValidate property to the value of that property.-...

Custom Control within a Control Control

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

How to display all of my validation controls in my Validation summary control?
I have a  validation summary control I am using on a web form to validate various controls on a web form. For one of the controls  which is a text box control, I have a custom validation control. When someone presses the save button, all of the controls are validated. If any errors occur, then the error message is displayed in the validation summary area above all of the controls. This is what I want. The problem though is that I also get an error message next to my text box which was assigned the custom validator control. The problem here is that the error message i...

Wizard Control
I have a wizard control. I some steps i want to disable the Causes Validation of the StepNextButton and for other steps i want to enable. When i convert the StepNextButton to template and set CausesValidation to false, its applied to all the steps. How could i control the properties of the Next Previous buttons of different steps and set the properties individually? ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net Link into one of the events that fire when the step changes. Then check to see if its a step that you want to disable validation....

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Validation Control question
Hello.  I have a form with several validation controls checking input boxes.  This form also has a DDL (dropdownlist).  This form also has a formview control in insert mode - this formview control has the validation controls.  The formview visibility is set to false. When a user selects an item from the DDL (which causes a postback) I set the visibilty of the formview to true.  At this point the validation controls are showing errors in th evalidation summary even though the user has not attempted to do any inputs. Where or how can I control when the validation ...

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

Validation controls displayed over other controls
Does anyone know of away to display a validation control on top of a dropdownlist? Or any other ideas on how to display an error message on top of a dropdownlist. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too deep in programming. Hi, first of all, most people are used to see validation controls, being it either in a web application or a winforms application, right of the control that needs attention. Being said that you could use the z-index of CSS to display a <span> or <div> tag above your control and put the validation control inside that html tag that you display above y...

DetailsView Control, Validator Control
Hello,I am trying to add a RequiredFieldValidator Control to a template field in the DetailsView Control, here is the code: <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="*First Name:" SortExpression="FName"><ItemTemplate><asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("FName") %>'></asp:Label></ItemTemplate> <InsertItemTemplate><asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("FName") %>' Width=200></asp:TextBox> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ErrorMessage="First Name is Required" ID="FNameValidator"></asp:Requir...

Web resources about - validation controls in gridview control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Validation (drug manufacture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the pharmaceutical , medical device , food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...