Validate one datagrid edit field off another edit field

ok I have a dropdownlist if the user selects Item 3 then I want to show a requiredfieldvalidator for the datefield.

0
lconley

see your previous post. I can provide you with some sample code doing
not exactly that but using one control validation based on the value of
the other one. Give me a shout if you are interested

Cheers

Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger
8/16/2005 8:11:18 AM
i did not think the first one went through, thanks I will look
0
lconley

add one line with editable fields and add next line with read only fields to datagrid.
I have 2 questions. First: I'm working on PO Detail page and datagrid will hold item information. There are 2 different way to add items. First is search item and add selected item to datagrid. Second is adding line with all editable fields and user type in. So datagrid should able to hold 2 different type of record. One is all fields are read only field except Quantity field and the other type is all fields are editable and allow user to type in. Is it possible? Second: PO Detail has many fields and datagrid width is wider then I expected so I want to displ...

Make id field in editable datagrid not editable.
I've got an editable datagrid that lets users add, update, and delete records. Only thing I'm having problems with is that the id field is showing up as editable as well. And I don't want this to be editable. It is an auto-identity type field in our SQL Server db. Can anyone show me how to make this not editable and also how to not let a user enter any id when adding a new record. This is a lot of code. Sorry! Thanks for any help. <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespac...

gridview1 and edit coulumn and hyperlinfield and datanavigate url fields and navigateurlformatstring ? i know for one field.. how can i send 3 field ??
 hi friends gridview1 and edit coulumn and hyperlinfield and datanavigate url fields and navigateurlformatstring ? page.aspx?urunnumarasi={0}kategori={1}kategori1={2}kategori2={3} is my navigateurlfomatstring is it true ? what should i write for datanivate url fields cheersMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Assuming the names used in the QueryString are your parameters, you'd do something like this: <asp:hyperlinkfield datanavigateurlfields="urunnumarasi,kategori,kategori1,kategori2" datanavigateurlformatstring="page.as...

Bookmarks Edit Dialog: "Tags Field" First Active Edit Field, *Not* the "Name Picker" Field. Can't be Changed in about:config
Name: Jimi Doe Product: Namoroka Summary: Bookmarks Edit Dialog: "Tags Field" First Active Edit Field, *Not* the "Name Picker" Field. Can't be Changed in about:config Comments: Problem --- When I want to bookmark a web page the tag field is always the first active field in the bookmark edit dialog, not the name field as it should be according to the standard behavior. If I change this via "about:config" my configuration lasts only for one bookmark. As of the second site I bookmark the configuration is reverted to "browser.bookmarks.editD...

Validate that you have data in one field, if there is data in another field
Hi all, can I use the validation controls to not just compare if two fields are the same, common for password check, but rather to check if I have data in one field, say textbox1, THEN I would REQUIRE data in a second field, say textbox2??  If nothing in textbox1, then textbox2 is not required??? Thanks, RandyClick on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.-- Randy Well with your needs you can use Custom Validator.Else use Javascript. Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Sounds like some javascript is necessary. Here's an e...

Gridview edit mode want one field not editable
Have a Gridview that can edit record. When editing, all fields become editable but I want one of the field not editable and just dispaly the value. How to do it ? Thanks  Thanks in advance for the help. I will try to credit the ones who helped but most important is we really do sincerely thanks to all who have helped. for a boundfield, you can set the ReadOnly property to True<asp:BoundField ReadOnly="True" /> Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks. I also f...

only edit one field in edit mode of edititemtemplate in a listview
Hi,I've created a listview with an Itemtemplate and an EditItemtemplate.I have 3 buttons in my Itemtemplate. One to edit all fields. The other 2 buttons only need to put 1 field into editmode. Is this possile? In the ItemEditing event I can't figure out which button was clicked? And when I give other CommandName properties (not "Edit") for the other 2 buttons and go to the ItemCommand event I can't put my EditItemtemplate into edit mode... Any idea? Thx.  Make all other fields read only and that should work..Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answe...

Masked Edit Extender and Masked Edit Validator on display fields
Hi   I am using the Masked Edit Extender and Masked Edit Validator on a number of DateTime fields in my current projected. Trouble is, when it comes to re-displaying the data for Editing / Etc, it don't display. Am I missing something? This is the relevant code:DateTime dtDateOfIncident = Convert.ToDateTime(reader["dateTimeOfIncident"]); this.txtDateOfIncident.Text = dtDateOfIncident.ToString(); The field txtDateOfIncident has the Maked Edit Extender and Validator on it. Stapes Solved it myself. Had to reformat the date to make it display:DateTime dtSelectedDate = ...

Edit requiredfiled validator based on another field
I have a dg with two editable fields. one a dropdownlist one a date if the user selects item 3 of the dropdown I want to trigger a requiredfielderror for the date field.this is the DDL code<asp:DropDownList ID="dropAction" datasource='<%# Dataset2 %>' Selectedindex='<%# SelectCategory( DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.S_ResTypeID" ) )%>' DataTextField='Vendor_Action' DataValueField='id' runat="server" Font-Size="XX-Small" Width="100px"/>i have some code in the ItemDataBound in the codebehind can i set the requiredfieldvalidator in codebehinde??? Field validators fi...

required field validators not allowing editable datagrid
i have an editable datagrid with dropdownlists. i also have some required field validators on the form. when the datagrid is in edit mode and the user edits and hits OK button, the required field validators are fire and do not allow the user to edit. do i have to set causesvalidation=false somewhere or is there some workaround this... thanks***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** someone...***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** The real issue is, do you have validators in the DataGrid? If not,...

How to control phone number fields with one required field validator ...ASAP
Hi Everybody ,                        I am having three textboxes which take phone number values . Box1-box2-box3 ..I want to know how can we mark them as required fields with using only one required field validator ....help is appreciated and remembered...And also it will be great if u guys let me know wat is the expression we can inject in them so that they will take only numbers ...  Cheers PaladinckmOne Who distributes his knowledge is Scholar  If you want only 1...

List of edit controls like YYYY/MM/DD for the editing and formatted fields
Guys,  I understand there is (somewhere) a list for editing fields (like 0:d for date.. I think.)  I have found no exact list to guide me. Can you point me to one?  Oh, and another thing. Does the moderators or administators know you can add 'stickies' so that well known questions always appear as the first post in a forum or sub-forum.  Thanks http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fbxft59x.aspxfor numbers: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/427bttx3.aspx for date and time: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97x6twsz.aspx __Please ma...

VB OCX has editable fields, once dropped in PB, those editable fields disappeared
Hi there, We have a weird situation dealing with OCX created in VB. Our VB guy created this OCX with a bunch of editable fields with 3D lowered in a free form type, so we can use it in our VB and PB apps. We dropped this OCX in VB app, and it works as expected. once dropped it into PB 9.0.2 (7578), with the initial retrieved before moving the mouse, it works fine. However when moving the mouse, all editable columns disappear except the labels. If we tab over, the field with focus on, shows it as expected, but the rest of them are still gone. With the initial retrieved, if w...

required field validators not allowing editable datagrid #2
i have an editable datagrid with dropdownlists. i also have some required field validators on the form. when the datagrid is in edit mode and the user edits and hits OK button, the required field validators are fire and do not allow the user to edit. do i have to set causesvalidation=false somewhere or is there some workaround this... also,i dont have buttons, i have links for the edit column. the reqd validators are for some other textboxes outside the datagrid. thanks***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Yes, your linkbuttons in yo...

Web resources about - Validate one datagrid edit field off another edit field - asp.net.presentation-controls

Credit Card Validate on the App Store on iTunes
Get Credit Card Validate on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Who Is Going to Shoot Obama? Paul Broun Chuckles, Validates Question - YouTube
Republican Congressman from George Paul Broun chuckles and does not even come close to denouncing a question asked by a constituent at a town ...

PM says MH370 debris find 'validates search'
Experts say recovered MH370 debris is consistent the area being searched in the southern Indian Ocean.

Bill to validate ICAC findings rushed through state parliament
A bill to validate past findings of the state's corruption watchdog has been rushed into NSW Parliament in an attempt to head off legal moves ...

Fracking report validates environmental concerns in N.W.T.
... Kenyon of the Pembina Institute. A director of the Pembina Institute in Edmonton says a new report on the risks of shale gas development validates ...

【medical-news】Study First to Validate That Singing Can Help People Learn a Foreign Language - 医药生命科学动态跟踪 ...
只是新闻而已Fernanda Ferreira’s family emigrated from Portugal to Canada when she was very young. There, like most Canadian children, she learned French ...

Bulgaria, China validate postage stamp on 65th anniversary of ties
the,stamp,postage,bilateral,relations Bulgarian and Chinese officials in Sofia on Friday validated a postage stamp dedicated to the 65th anniversary ...

IXIA : Selected by China Network World to Validate High-Performance Cisco ...
IXIA : Selected by China Network World to Validate High-Performance Cisco ... 4-traders (press release) BEIJING - June 25, 2013 - Ixia (Nasdaq: ...

Apple Watch uses constant skin contact to validate Apple Pay purchases
... will the device make sure payments via Apple Pay are secure? Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have the convenient Touch ID sensor to validate ...

Like You Really Need To Validate Your Social Media Presence….
How many Fortune 500 companies are blogging and using social media, and what can law firms learn from them?