Using MultiView for a GridView and a FormView Control

I have three tables where the Identifying key is CLientID - one table has CLientID as Primary and two tables are foreign.  I have set up a RadioButtonList1 to select a client from the Client Table.  I have a RadioButtonList2 that a user can select either Cars (RadioButton1) or Investments (RadioButton2).  When a user selects a CLient and then selects Cars, View1 of the Multiview will display the cars from the cars table for that Client.  When Investments is selected, View2 displays the investments for that client from the investment table.  Let's say a user selects Client1 and Cars, View1 will display the cars related to Client1.  Then the user selects Investments, View2 displays the investments of Client1.  Then, the user Selects CLient2, View2 displays the investments of Client2.  Then the user selects Cars, View1 shows the cars of Client1 - when Client2 is still selected.  I want View1 to show the cars of Client2.  I need someone to pretty much walk thru what to do to keep the records updating according the radio buttons selected.  I am not experienced.  I have set up the displays on the Views and the SQL connections to the tables.  I don't know how to structure the code to accomplish what I want to do.  I did set up parameters through the SQL - Configure Data Source wizards to query according to the CLientID on the RadioButtonList1.

Gater

0
gater

(master/detail) control using gridview and formview controls problem...
hi guys, i'm new to .net programming and have been toying with the (master/detail) control using gridview and formview controls...however, i can't seem to drilldown to the correct record when the primary key is a composite key. please help....   <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" DataKeyNames="ServiceID,VersionNum" CellPadding="4" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None"               &nbs...

Looking for a beginners tutorial or guide on using GRIDVIEW control with FORMVIEW control
what i want to be able to do is add a gridview control onto the page.. have it display my results then have a link to take me to another page where they can edit the data if needed I have a current project im working on that i have a search function on the top part and that value us passed into the GRIDVIEW below it and displays records.. each of those records has a link to a edit page.. since the gridview is merely a small teaser of all the data for the records.. the next page will display ALL fields for that record within a FORMVIEW.. The itemtemplate displays all the data in a nice fo...

using controlS to control a gridview
This question is probably posted but i did not bother to look at 10,000+ posts so i am sorry. I've seen the tutorial where he builds a dataset and uses a gridview and controls the gridview with the drop down list box. What i am trying to do is to control the gridview with 2 drop down list boxes. First select the Country you life in and then the State. I've looked at the grid view properties but couldn't find where i can add another parameter. Is it possible to control a grid view (or any form of displaying the information) with more than 1 controller? Thank You.  ...

How to: 2.0 Encrypting Field Data Using a Formview Control and a Gridview control for SQL
The Exercise: Using a Formview Control and a Gridview control to Encrypt data going into SQL, Decrypt it for display, and Be able to Edit it. Using Visual Studio 2005 ASP.NET 2.0 Framework   Files needed: – QSEnc64.vb to be placed in the App_Code folder of your application TestInsertEdit.aspx in the root of the application TestInsertEdit.aspx.vb in the root of the application A Web Config file with a valid ConnectionString Your_SQLConnectionString A SQL Database that you can add the test table to (see script below)   Hopefully this exercise will save you the time it to...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

Using Validation controls with FormView control
Hello dears; Is  it possible to use validation controls with FormView or DetailsView controls during Edit mode? Such controls have no Error Events handlers to use and there textboxes have only TextChanged Event handlers which have no text property. Also how can i get the content of a cell in theFormView ? Thanks alot  VWD2005 The FormView control supports templates -- so you could add an ItemTemplate or EditTemplate to it, and absolutely put validation controls within there as well. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks Scott  VWD2005 Hello I know your busy but I can'...

how to use validation controls on FormView control?
Hi all,  I searched the forum for a solution to my problem, but while many of you seem to have had similar problems, I couldn't solve my (I thought easy) problem. This is my setup: I try to put a FormView control on my page where users can insert records into a database. All good, except that I want to add some Validation controls to my form, at least some RequiredField validators. I tried adding the controls in the InsertItem Template for starters, but that doesn't seem to work:" Unable to find control id 'FirstNameTextBox' referenced by the 'ControlT...

need some feedback on using a multiview control that displays data in a formview control on the fourth view after making selections with radiobuttons on the previous views
I need some feedback on using a multiview control that displays data in a formview control on the fourth view after making selections with radiobuttons on the previous views. I am designing a webpage that allows the user to make certain selections with radio buttons that displays information about the selections on the last view but it seems the web page may be storing there selections in a cache or something because sometimes the last view wont change when I make a different selection with the radiobutton but for the most it changes upon selection but sometimes it wont view the changes...

Cascading Dropdown error in formview controls and finding all controls in formview controls
can help with the following? Instantiate Cascading Dropdowns within Formview controls (this returns the error message "databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control".) Pass values between controls within master controls such as Textboxes within formviews (example: Pass the selected value in a dropdownlist to another textbox both WITHIN a formview control) Expose the public properties of a master page Hi arraybiz, 1) I need your code. See sample: http://www.mikepope.com/blog/fun/cascadingdropdowns_dy...

I am trying to use a multiview control but it won't let me use any controls within it???
Error Creating control 1- Multiview 1 Multiview cannot have children of type form view. It can only have children of form view.   What exactly is a form view?  What controls can I use in a multiview?  I tried a label, datagrid, details view, form view, textbox and I get the same error with all controls. This cant be right?  I must be doing something wrong. Sorry to sound such a newbie but I haven't got my ASP.Net book in the mail yet.     Thanks hi boy,<asp:MultiView ID="myView" runat="server" ActiveViewIndex="...

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerate...

Problem Using Slider Control in Gridview Control
Hello to all,   it is urgent.   i want to use slider control in a Gridview Template Column, if someone can help me how i can get this functionality?...

Web resources about - Using MultiView for a GridView and a FormView Control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Multiview orthographic projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
These quadrant labels are the same as used in 2D planar geometry, as seen from infinitely far to the "left", taking H and V to be the X -axis ...

MultiView CalculatorHD Free on the App Store on iTunes
Get MultiView CalculatorHD Free on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Samsung Galaxy S3 to get MultiView, Smart Rotation
Some of the Galaxy Note II's standout features are coming to Samsung's best-selling device with pending Android 4.1.2 update.

Samsung's MultiView MV900F begins shipping with 180-degree AMOLED display for $350
Shipping targets aren't set in stone, so we weren't terribly surprised to see Samsung miss its late-August goal for the new MultiView MV900F ...

Todd Ebert, CMO, MultiView: Articles - iMediaConnection.com
December 6 - 9, 2015 Scottsdale, Arizona Large and small agencies alike must be nimble in execution in order to meet their clients' desires for ...

MultiView Names B2B Marketing Expert Todd Ebert as Chief Marketing Officer
DALLAS, TX(Marketwired - Sep 10, 2015) - &#160;MultiView, the fearlessly creative provider of digital marketing solutions in the B2B space, today ...

Lensless multiview camera cleverer than Lytro and PureView combined
A lensless, focussing-free camera that can take photos from multiple angles simultaneously, building up either different perspectives of a scene ...

Samsung launches second 'multiview' camera
Samsung has launched the MV900F, a follow up to last year's Samsung MV800 . The most obvious feature of this camera is its flip-up screen, designed ...

OnLive’s MultiView spectating entices multiplayer and co-op gamers
Video game streaming service OnLive gets a three-window spectating feature called MultiView, and its competitive, cooperative, and multiplayer ...