Hi All

using javascript I want to get value  from textbox when edit button is clicked and both controls that is texbox and button are present in gridview control .

Alok
1
aloksinha83

Hi aloksinha83,

Please see this post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1069245.aspx

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerate...

display the value of textbox server control by clicking the html button control
I have a webform in asp.net where i have a html button control and a textbox server control. When i enter some value in the textbox control and if i click the html input button control i should get the value that is entered in the textbox through an alert message. How to achieve this? Please give me full coding. I am new to asp.net. The code should be vb.net Consider the textbox server control id is TextBox1, below is the code<INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 112; LEFT: 553px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 50px" type="button" value="Button" onclick="alert(document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientI...

using controlS to control a gridview
This question is probably posted but i did not bother to look at 10,000+ posts so i am sorry. I've seen the tutorial where he builds a dataset and uses a gridview and controls the gridview with the drop down list box. What i am trying to do is to control the gridview with 2 drop down list boxes. First select the Country you life in and then the State. I've looked at the grid view properties but couldn't find where i can add another parameter. Is it possible to control a grid view (or any form of displaying the information) with more than 1 controller? Thank You.  ...

Getting the textboxes to use to validate a control in the edit of a gridview
I have a gridview1 that has two fields, startdate and enddate, I turn both into template fields so I can drop in a validation control in the edit part of the edititemtemplate of the enddate. I can make it work comparing it to a static date, but I want to make sure its AFTER the begin date above. The question is, how do I get a hold of textboxstartdate when the only options I have in the drop-down for items to compare is textboxenddate? I've tried to squeeze in "((Textbox)DetailsView1.FindControl("textboxbegindate")) a bunch of different ways, but no luck. TIA&nbs...

How to Use cache for storing the temporary datatable at run time and use that table for retriving the values into textbox control on button click event
I want to use cache for storing temporary datatable at run time so that I can use that table for retriving the items into textbox control on edit button click event. how can I do it. Plz suggest me. thanks in advanceRegards,Nishant, Software EngineerPune, India nishantpatni1283: I want to use cache for storing temporary datatable at run time so that I can use that table for retriving the items into textbox control on edit button click event. how can I do it. Plz suggest me. thanks in advance Save it in ViewState if you require on the same page //To save ViewSate["Data&qu...

Get controlID from control (textbox) inside another control (gridview)
Ok, so I've been trying to get a link within the edit item template of a gridview to open a new window.  I can do that fine, but when I try to pass the new window the controlID of the textbox to pass the value back to in the originating page I can't get the correct ID.  (that was a mouthful)  Maybe my code will explain better...  <EditItemTemplate> <asp:TextBox ID="EndTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("endtime") %>'></asp:TextBox> <a href="javascript:;" onclick="window.open...

How to find Image Control inside Gridview Control using JavaScript
Hi All Can anyone tell me one thing How to find ASP Image Control inside Gridview Control using JavaScript Thanx in advance Bye and Take CareDeepak Gupta(Broadway Infotech Private Limited,Noida)Website:www.broadwayinfotech.com.auEmail-deepak.gupta@broadwayinfotech.com.auWeb Design Software Development .net Development You can try: document.images["nameOfYourControl"];JavaScript will load all the images in the document into the document.images array.  You would want to take a look at the document property.  Check out these couple articles:http://www.quirksmode.org/js...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Web resources about - using javascript getting value from textbox when edit button is clicked and both controls are present in gridview control - asp.net.presentation-controls

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...