Using Data Control in another data control

Hey,

How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables.

Thanks and Regards...

I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)]
0
atarikg

I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?

I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)]
0
atarikg
6/6/2007 2:17:47 PM

Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa992038(VS.80).aspx

http://www.codeguru.com/columns/vb/article.php/c12647/

Hope these help.

My Blog
http://Lspence.blogspot.com

(Please MARK this post as ANSWERED, if you find it helpful)
0
lspence
6/6/2007 6:47:16 PM

Thanks...I handled it Smile

I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)]
0
atarikg

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Using Data Controls Without Using ObjectDataSource Control
Hi, I've been looking on the Internet for a tutorial that would show me how to use the data conrols (FormView, GridView etc) without using an ObjectDataSource (or any other data source control).  The reason is that I want to use a formview and gridview from within another formview control to create a single form  that would allow me to insert, update and delete an order and its order details at the same time. I thought that this could be achieved by having a DataSet containing two DataTable objects in the code-behind with the Order DataTable containing one row to repres...

Tracing data controls within data controls
I have a problem with tracing data controls within data controls. Below are the codes and the trace statements. Can anyone help me? Your help is very much appreciated. : : : private void InitializeComponent() { this.DataGrid1.ItemDataBound+=new DataGridItemEventHandler(DataGrid1_ItemDataBound); this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load); } #endregion private void DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e) { DropDownList Dropdownlist1 = (DropDownList)e.Item.Controls[2].FindControl("D...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Mapping data/text fields using a control WITHIN another control (.ascx page)
I have created a custom user control that renders two links:Pick from Contacts and Add to Contacts ...and that also auto-generates javascript to map certain attributes of the control to certain text fields. An example below: <asp:TextBox id="sAgentLenderCompanyName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <uc:CFM id="CFM" runat="server" CompanyNameField="sAgentLenderCompanyName"></uc:CFM> This custom control of mine works wonderfully, because I only ever have to map the control's attributes to the id's of ...

FileUpload control value gets clear when another control uses Ajax to retrieve data
Hello all, I have a web form.  There is a DropDownList control inside an update panel and the content is updated when a RadioButtonList control fires SelecteIndexChanged.  I also have another control, a FileUpload control.  If you select a file for the file upload control and then change the value RadionButtonList list control, the selected file in the FileUpload control disappears.How do I prevent RadioButtonList from clearing the value of the FileUpload control?Any help will greatly appreciated,  TIA,Dawa Below is the code: 1 <asp:RadioButtonList ID=&quo...

how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data
Hi Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column. Thanks very much andrea Hi Andrea, I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see...

How to bind data on the control inside another control?
NullReferenceException was thrown when I execute the following code: Dim cboCRTCostType As DropDownList = CType(Me.grdTrainingCosts.FindControl("cboCRTCostType"), DropDownList) With cboCRTCostType .DataTextField = "Type" .DataValueField = "Type" .DataSource = dtCRTCostType .DataBind() End With grdTrainingCosts is a data grid control hosting the drop down list control. It blown out on the creation of the drop down list: cboCRTCostType. Any idea why? I ...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

adding data from another control to detailview control then saving
Ok the answer to my problem may already be here but I was not able to find it.  If anyone knows the answer or the link to post that has the answer I would greatly appreciate your help.   I have a detailsview control which during "Insert" must recieve a value from another control which is not part of the detail control.  I have been able to accomplish this by changing the the field I need to a template then playing with the binding.  The problem arises when I attempt to save.  The field no longer actually binds to the database so I am unable to get the data to the d...

Web resources about - Using Data Control in another data control - asp.net.presentation-controls

US Democratic candidates clash over gun control at debate
Hillary Clinton criticised over foreign policy and gun control but again confirms her position as frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. ...

Victorian fires out of control
Residents are being urged to evacuate as an out of control bushfire near the Indigo Valley in northern Victoria threatens homes. Courtesy ABC ...

Grass fire at Canberra's Mount Taylor brought under control
A grass fire at Mount Taylor in Canberra's south is now extinguished, the ACT Emergency Services Agency says.

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...

Kurt Russell Doubles Down: ‘Gun Control Won’t Stop Terrorists’
Kurt Russell Doubles Down: ‘Gun Control Won’t Stop Terrorists’

How Sepp Blatter Lost Control Of His Monster
If Sepp Blatter could take a step back and look at the bigger picture, forgetting for a moment that today’s eight-year ban from all soccer activities ...

This is what Street Fighter IV looks like with motion controls
Like most people it seems, I think that the Steam Controller has potential, but it just hasn't been realized yet. It's a great time to test ...

Take Control Of Day One When Onboarding Into A New Job
At the start of a new role, everything is magnified. Thus it is critical to be particularly thoughtful about everything you do and say and don’t ...