using Crystal Report 8 with Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition

Hi

I am using Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition. I also have Crystal Reports. I have been able to access Crystal Reports in window application. I do not know how to use Crystal Reports in web based application.

Can anybody help

 Dashisht

0
Dashisht

I am not sure what the options are with CR 8 as far as integrating into ASP.net is concerned. I have integrated 8.5, and had to do it via legacy ASP support, and I suspect that version 8 will be the same. I presume that with version 8 in winforms you had to use it via the ActiveX?

I am not sure on your product options, but versions of VS.NET 2003 come with Crystal Reports v9 (I think), which has .net support. Your best option might be to see if you have that option and use that, otherwise, http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/scr8_webmanualinstall.zip is a link detailing how to install the web component, and, http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/Aspxmps8.exe should link you to some samples. Depending on your reporting situation, keeping with 8 may be a sensible option, but if you want to use more modern database drivers and so on, the rule of thumb has to be the later the better.

HTH

Aaron

0
aaroncollett

Visual Basic .net standard edition source control support?
We recently decided to replace our asp development IDE with Visual Basic .net standard edition. I am now looking for a source control solution (SourceSafe, Vault, NG3, etc.) which will integrate into the IDE. However, it seems VS.net standard editions have source control integration turned off. All of the tools I have looked at thus far talk about going to the VS.Net file menu and seeing source control options but I don't see any. Can someone either confirm my theory or let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks, Brent Claxton There are Source Control options under Tools >...

Visual Studio .NET Standard Edition & Crystal Reports?
Hello! Does anyone know if i can connect a copy of the Crystal Reports Standard edition that goes for (180.00) to the Visual Studio C# Standard Edition that sells for (109.00)? Thanks much!bobk I don't think so like you want it to work. The Standard Edition does not include viewer APIs--it's meant mainly for report designers, assuming the organization has some viewer app in production. The C# Standard Edition does not include CR .NET, either--that's bundled with the full VS .NET. There is a link to the V10 features chart on this page: http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/v10/...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

Visual Basic NET Standard Edition
I cannot afford VS Professional..so am looking at VB NET Standard. I know that I can't create "class libraries" - 1)do they mean I can't add classes to my projects? ASP Net or VB? or even a module? 2)Does this mean you can't compile a code behind dll in an ASP Net application? 3) Can I still add ascx files to a ASP NET application? 4) Presumably I can still add a COM dll reference in either a ASP NET or VB app? thanks! Badge...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic .NET Standard Edition Locks...
Hi There - as per the title, on a win2k box with all updated patches, drivers, etc. Any ideas? Sometimes I can use for 5 minutes, sometimes it dies after a couple of seconds. This is, of course, purchased software and I experienced no errors during installation. There is no error message upon lock, the system simply freezes with no blue screen, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

Web resources about - using Crystal Report 8 with Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition - asp.net.presentation-controls

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Victoria pushes Turnbull government for safety standards in combat sports as UFC hits Melbourne
Plans for a working group to consider minimum safety standards in combat sports across all Australian territories are in the melting pot.

3000 deaths caused by air pollution each year prompt calls for tougher standards
Air pollution results in 3000 premature deaths each year in Australia, costing the nation up to $24.3 billion in health costs every year.

Standard Of Review: Legal Novel ‘Motor City Shakedown’ Is Undermined By Romance Between Its Main Characters ...
Pop quiz, hotshot: name a thriller in which the two main characters become romantically involved but the romance does not feel clumsy or tacked ...

Facebook gets flak for Beirut-Paris 'double standard'
Site's "safety check" feature was implemented immediately after attack in Paris but not after bombing in Beirut.

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 12:13:25 PM