user control or custom control ?

i have datagrid which shows monthyear user control for each row. The month year user control has two drop down list. one is for year and other one is for month. So for each row in particular column i'll have that user control loaded. it works fine but ut takes lot of time in rendering when there are 200 rows. what would be the solution. will custom control help?
0
lax4u

Hi,Lax4u:

Some tips i am not quite sure.

First, you can disable the viewstate of the userControl to make it not load so many information in each postback and store the necessary in the global range.

Second, Caching porting of the page and the User control. Have a look at these great article

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h30h475z.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/CorrelatedCaching.asp

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex

Custom Control within a Control Control

user control and custom control
What is different between Web User Control and Web Custom Control? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET I would suggest you to google the word "different between Web User Control and Web Custom Control" to get more informations and results...Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET Web custom controls are compiled components that run on the server and that encapsulate user-interface and other related functionality into reusable pack...

User Controls and Custom Controls
what is Diff between User Controls and Custom Controls? User controls are asmx files, you can use them as a webpage, drag and drop as many controls you want and still user the user control to drop it into a form.Custom Controls are inherit from the control or used as composite control. You need to write the control by hand and override all the properties. They can be added into your toolbar.Hope this helpsCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Also... User Controls are generally application specific.  If you want...

Custom Controls or User Controls
Hi, I have to create a menu control and I am unable to decide between a custom control or user control.  Apart from the fact that a custom control can be inserted into the toolbox what are the other advantages and disadvantages of each like performance, and so on.  Plus how do I decide between the two. Thanks Arjuna. Hello Please refer to the KB article Overview of user controls vs. custom controls Hope it helps, JessicaJessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

Web resources about - user control or custom control ? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mt Martha fire under control
A watch and act warning has been issued for Mount Martha and Balcombe after a bushfire threatened homes on Saturday.

Widow of ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle Confronts Obama on Gun Control
... Virginia, on Thursday evening, as reported by Breitbart News. The event, telecast on CNN, followed Obama’s announcement of his gun control executive ...

Chipotle Sued For Not Disclosing Food Quality Control Problems To Stockholders
... afternoon . According to Reuters , the lawsuit claims that the burrito chain hurt investors by failing to let them know that “quality controls ...

Lyin' Ryan Shoots Blanks At Gun Control Policies
When President Barack Obama issued the executive order for reasonable gun control policies by closing the loophole regarding background checks, ...

Volvo Updates Its Car Control App With Voice Commands
Volvo owners will be able to turn on the heat, lock the car and other tasks using voice commands through a smartband for the first time.

OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA
OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA

Clinton and Sanders Trading Blows on Gun Control
Washington Post Clinton and Sanders Trading Blows on Gun Control ABC News Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton during the CNN Democratic presidential ...

Taya Kyle to Obama: Why do we need more gun control when the murder rate has declined?
... the White House) that a skeptic was allowed to speak at what was mainly an Obama photo op, it’s an easy point to answer if you favor more control. ...

Implant That Controls Sperm With On/Off Switch Could Become A Thing
... out of the pages of a sci-fi novel. A German carpenter named Clemens Bimek has invented a form of male contraception meant to let men control ...