Use the email adress in the users profile to send an email

Hi,

hope you cn help me. I am using the createuserwizard to create new users. In this template the users are asked for their email adress.

All is working fine, but how can I use the email adress the user entered during registration later in a session to send him an email?

I thought just "profile.email", but its wrong.

Hope you can help me, Chrissi

0
chris_koehne

Hi Chrissi,

When you use the CreateUserWizard, you're creating a user through the current membership provider, which is different than Profiles.  To get a user's email, try

Dim myUser As System.Web.Security.MembershipUser = System.Web.Security.Membership.GetUser()
Dim email As String = myUser.Email

For more information on Profiles, see http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/profile/default.aspx.

Hope that helps.

Aaron

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so everyone will know you have been helped.
0
agolden
5/20/2007 9:58:56 PM

agolden,

thanks for your reply. It is working perfectly.

Kind regards, Chrissi

0
chris_koehne

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

changing email adress while sending email
Hallo, we have the following problem: If we sending email or answering email the email adress will change from: hans.smith@wolrdmail.com to: hans.mith.@worldmail.com The result is that the mail is undeliverable. We use GW 7.0 on NW 6.5 SP 4 with Outlook Connector 2.0 or 3.0? from GW 7.0.1. Can anybody help? >>> Christian Truee<ch.truee@ee-workover.de> 13.04.2006 10:39:05 >>> >Hallo, >we have the following problem: >If we sending email or answering email the email adress will change >from: hans.smith@wolrdmail.com >to: hans.mith....

Creating Email Alias which would send email to select email accounts using HMC 4.0
Hello all,   I was wondering what is the best method of creating a email alias in exchange 2007. I tried using exchange 2007 console, but it seems the only way is to add the smtp address to each user. I did try a group, but it add's the default smtp address which I do not want there, and it complains when I try to remove it. I was wondering if there is a way from provision or exchange console....

i am using login controls in vidual dev 2005 .net 2 and want to send an email... however
even though i have added this to we.config <system.net>    <mailSettings>      <smtp deliveryMethod="PickupDirectoryFromIis"/>    </mailSettings>  </system.net> it is not working. How do i enable the local SMTP server. I have looked in IIS and it is ticked use localhost port 25. Authentication settings set to NOT REQUIRED. Is all this correct? Can anyone help Define what you mean by "not working."  Check SMTP logs.  Test SMTP with Outlook or another client.  And te...

User can send emails, but not receive emails
Hello, maybe you can help with this one... we have an user here who is not able to receive emails, even not an email addressed to himself. Under sent items, the mails seem to be delivered. In webaccess it is the same - no new emails in the inbox. POA and MTA have been restarted several times, user has been disassociated and associated again from the GW account (just for testing) - its still the same. Restarted also DNS / DHCP Server to try everything.. There are no error messages, or such. Its the only affected user, everything else works fine for everyone. User also t...

How to send email through the default user email client
Hi  I am still struggling with this issue: I have a list of product in my page, beside every product there is a button named 'Send to a friend' i want when a user click on that button to open his default email client and throw a link of the product into the body of the new message I am using standard 'mailto' html function, but it does not allow me to format the body of the message instaed it just throw the html code as it is. not as html i would be really appreciated if i can get any help thank s    This isn't really a asp.net issue but i foun...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form)
Hello all. I have yet to find anywhere an example on how one might use the underlying ATLAS API (not the fancy controls that come with it) to send a simple email from a simple webform. Can anyone point one out for me? Or maybe someone has an example tucked away somewhere that they might want to let out ino the public? Thanks,Andrew There is nothing special about sending e-mail with "Atlas". On the client you can use a link with the "mailto:" pseudo protocol, to fire up the default e-mail client. See mailto protocol for more information.On the server you can use the features in the Syste...

email adress eq email adress?
Hello List! First post for this newbie. I'm writing a CGI that connects to a CommuniGate Pro server and gets a list of the lists on the server. Then it gets a list of all the subscribers on each list, comparing each adress to one input using a form ($Account). Whenever it finds a match it makes the checkbox checked. The problem I'm having is comparing email-adresses: if ("$_" eq "$Account") { Make the checkbox checked here... } $_ may be ian.vannman@aftonbaldet.se and $Account may be ian.vannman@aftonbaldet.se, but they don't match because @aft...

Sending an email using .net
Hi, I am using SMTP Mail object in vb.net to send off an email. Everything works fine most of the times but sporadically it sends the same messsage more than one time. It creates a lot of confusion to the users. I debugged the application and the line "clsMail.Send(clsMailMessage)', where clsMail is an object of SmtpMail and clsMailMessage is an object of MailMessage, runs only once but still my inbox has same email more than once. Please suggest me . Regards, Prerak Are you sure that you are not submiting your page multiple times or refreshing the page?Pandora Tomorrow ...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Sending HTML Email Using EMAIL::MIME::CreateHTML
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7D5F2.CEEC49EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the Email::MIME:CreateHTML module to send html formatted emails. It all works fine until I try to change the "To" line to a scalar so that I can mass mail to different individuals. Has anyone used this module in a manner like this before? Thanks, my $email =3D travis_hervey@georgetowncollege.edu; while(<DAT>) { $line =3D TRIM($_); $html =3D $html . $_; if($line eq "</b...

There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com
hi, when users submit new tickets, they receive the this error: There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 190 Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 370 Bugzilla::BugMail::sendMail(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 272 Bugzilla::BugMail::Send(...) called at /srv/www/htdocs/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi line 226 We are running bugzilla version 4.2.1 on Linux using smtp settings with authenticated user ...

Web resources about - Use the email adress in the users profile to send an email - asp.net.presentation-controls

Profiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've certainly enjoyed working with Rick... I think it's useful and important to change the people you work with. You get so stuck in certain ...

Profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Study: Comments On Facebook Profile Pictures Affect Perceived Attractiveness
Comments left on Facebook profile pictures “strongly affect the level of perceived attractiveness of the profile owner physically, socially, ...

Unemployed Gamblers From Oregon? Report Profiles Web Bots
Reid Tatoris, co-founder of digital security company Are You a Human, doesn't like the term "ad fraud" when it comes to describing bots. "I think ...

May The Force (Temporarily) Be With Your Facebook Profile Picture
Create a temporary profile picture on Facebook, you shall, to honor the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens . The social network extended ...

HTC One A9 update adds extra AMOLED display color profiles
... claim unrealistic over-saturation. The panels, which have seen a major boost in the past year, often ship on devices that add color profiles ...

Planet Fitness's business profile - Business Insider Deutschland
Planet Fitness is the antithesis of boutique fitness, but there's a reason it's so successful: it appeals to the majority of Americans who exercise. ...

Sunday Profile: Andrea Bocelli - Videos - CBS News
Tenor Andrea Bocelli has sold more than 85 million albums worldwide. The singer who leaves audiences smiling even when they're crying has a secret: ...

Slap a lightsaber on your Facebook profile to celebrate Star Wars
Choose Kylo Ren's fierce lightsaber or Finn's cool-blue Jedi weapon for a customized Star Wars Facebook profile picture.

How to boost your LinkedIn profile with keywords
You're a motivated, passionate and highly creative IT professional. But guess what? So is everyone else. To read this article in full or to leave ...