Update Grid View does not update

I have a grid view and the data does not update when I edit the info.

Any Ideas

John

0
TurfImage

Make sure you have a primary key in the table and that it is set in the attribute datakeynames=[id]   or whatever your primary key column is.
Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner
8/5/2006 12:04:10 AM
Hello. Thanks for the Help but that does not seem to be the problem. I have a filed called ID that has a primary key set. I also have the datakey name set to ID. Any ideas?
0
TurfImage
8/5/2006 4:08:51 AM
TurfImage:

I have a grid view and the data does not update when I edit the info.

Any Ideas

John

Could you post your code here? Post the declactive codes if you were using SqlDataSource or some relevant code-behind codes, if any. Thanks

Alvin Chooi
Microsoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia
Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com
0
alvinz_c
8/6/2006 2:11:50 AM

Well I was using an Access Connection but I chnaged to a SQL database (.mdf)

Now I get this error

The data types ntext and nvarchar are incompatible in the equal to operator.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The data types ntext and nvarchar are incompatible in the equal to operator.

Source Error:

Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help

0
TurfImage
8/6/2006 11:50:52 AM
That is defnitely the data type problem in the SQL server. You NEED to show the codes for us to check your error. Thanks
Alvin Chooi
Microsoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia
Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com
0
alvinz_c

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

how to update call of grid view by double clicking it ,i want update cell value to database by double clicking it,i want only that cell to be update
I am displaying the grid view with some minibars data now i want to update the status of each minibar(LOCK/UNLOCK) to database by clicking on cell(contains image) of grid How can i do that?SuyogI am just using my free time,but if it helps you then my mark my post as answer Minibars?  Like how many of the little vodkas are left in room 216?  :) Make your image an ImageButton instead and you can write a handler for your OnClick.  You can get the row reference of the cell through reflection.  I love to display the non-secure items...Charlie Asbor...

Getting/Updating and Binding a Control in the Edit Template of a Grid View Control
 Hi,               I am curious how do I update (or data bind) a drop down list in the edit template of a Grid View Control.             My problem is that in the GridView_RowEditing() method, the drop down list does not seem to exist. It only appears when the DropDownList_DataBound() method gets called. I can get the data for the DropDownList and attempt to bind it in this method, but then calling the DropDownList.DataBind()calls DropDownList_DataBound(), a...

Bulk Edit Grid View with Calendar Control with ATLAS Calendar Control in update Panel
I have a Grid View that IS functional with a bulk edit function, but whenever I have more than 1 row in the Grid View the Date Text Boxes will not update on SelectionChanged on the Calendar Control. Anyone have any ideas? The code is us in the aspx.vb file is: Protected Sub CalAssigned_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) PopupControlExtender1.Commit(CalAssigned.SelectedDate.ToShortDateString) My GridView is Functional just I cant add a date to any text box....only the bottom most row. Any help is appreciated.If you get an answer to your question, please...

programatically create a sqldatasource, menu control, grid view controll, and ajax update panel
I am trying to programatically create a sqldatasource, menu control, grid view controll, and ajax update panel which will be added to a  for loop. the code below works except that I must click on the menu item twice to get it to requery the database and update the gridview. Any suggestions why this is. i am using visual studio 2008.  Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load    Dim tbl1 As New Table()   Dim row1 As New TableRow()    Dim cell1 As New TableCell()&nb...

Updates updates updates #2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates updates updates Comments: I love Firefox, but it seems EVERY day there is some sort of updates to download before it will open. You need to figure out a way Firefox can open when asked to do so and update in the background and apply the updates on the next restart. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

Updates Updates Updates #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates Updates Updates Comments: Seems like every time I open the program there is a wait period while some new arcane update gets installed. I have enjoyed and advocated firefox for a good while, but the update thing is really starting to bug me. Doubtless I could simply change the settings to accept the updates or not notify me or something similar - but I CAN'T BE ASSED. I'd have to consider this for more than 30 seconds and as we've already seen I CAN'T BE ASSED. Please make this less annoying in return for which I promis...

updates,updates, updates,etc.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: updates,updates, updates,etc. Comments: I am so fed up with all these gd updates I COULD SCREAM! Why can't you get it right and stay with it for a while. Between you guys and MSFT you drive me nuts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Update Update
Name: John Oswell Email: serviceatwinntecdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update Update - endless updates Comments: I think it's great you update the product but I'm starting to think this product is more prone to attack and instability by the number of updates i get inflicted with. Quite honestly on the Windows platform you're going to need to convince me that the Firefox browser is "better" than IE8 - my default browser (ff right now) I'm probably going to revert - endless intrusive updates for Firefox is getting very tiring. At least MS (I'm ...

can't get records to update using grid view control or details control
Hi  I am using Visual Studio Web Developer 2005 Express and have set up a web page with a Grid View.  Everything works great, but when I click the EDIT link and make a change to a field, and then click UPDATE, it returns to the normal grid view form, but the change has not been made ??  I have the same proble using the details view object.  I do not get any errors, but the changes just do not seem to be made to the SQL table data. Any help would be greatly appreciated !   Thanks Chuck Hi Chuck, Can you verify you have DataKeyNames set in your GridView...

Web resources about - Update Grid View does not update - asp.net.presentation-controls

Windows Update - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Update is a service provided by Microsoft that provides updates for the Microsoft Windows operating system and its installed components, ...

Gizmodo.com Updates
Nobody should have to use a pay phone , natural disaster or no natural disaster. So if your gadgets are out of juice after Sandy, here’s a tiny ...

Lifehacker.com Updates
By Whitson Gordon Ever run into a situation where you have multiple wireless networks available, but one is clearly better than the other? WiFi ...

Facebook To Update Mobile Apps Every 4 To 8 Weeks
On the same day that Facebook released a bunch of mobile updates for Apple and Android devices , the social network also announced that it will ...

Madden NFL Mobile Receives Road to the Playoffs Update
Electronic Arts has released a new update for Madden NFL Mobile , as well as an infographic detailing stats about the game. The update features ...

LG G4 Android 6.0 Marshmallow update hitting more of Europe
... at hand for Europe-at-large to munch on Marshmallow, though sadly not all of it. Nookiezilla (reddit) According to users on reddit, the update ...

Education update
... Green Lights Academic Pass for Protesters Why should journalists know anything about economics or history? HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: ...

**Update** Shooting at CO Springs Planned Parenthood; 3 Killed, Suspect Surrenders
'Active Shooter' at CO Springs Planned Parenthood Clinic, Three Officers Injured

Bang Bang Update
Thanksgiving weekend seems like a weird time to bring up something morbid, but maybe there's no better time of the year to memorialize all the ...

Torquing Group Announces Shipping Update & Schedule For Kickstarter Alum Zano
Offering up an update to its backers, creators of the Kickstarter nano drone Zano, Torquing Group, announced details about shipping and schedules. ...