update button doesnot work on second page and onwards,it works only on first page

i have gridview in updatepanel

now when i am going to edit the record on first page of gridview it works fine, but when i am trying to update on second page or any other page then one it doesnot work,

 when i click on edit button,row comes in update mode,but and also edit button replace by update and cancel button

but when i click on update button ,nothing happen at all it just as it is like on client side,even not fire onclick event,though i have written autopostback=true

i can not find whats the problem?

plz help me,

thanks

VISHAL PAREKH
0
vrparekh

Hi vrparekh,

See this post which may include your answer: http://forums.asp.net/t/1234917.aspx

Here is a sample for doing edit in updatepanel: http://asyncpostback.com/02_UpdatePanel/04_FullEditing.aspx

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

Working Page is the First Page
when i am working on some page and it is the active oneif i hit Run or F5it will be the screen that is displayed on my browser. yes, i know its a good feature, but i dont want it.i want the startup page to be the first page all the time, no matter what page i am working on at the moment.how to change the configuration so always the Startup Page runs first? In Solutions explorer, select a page that you want startup page, right click and select set as start up page, and everytime that would be your startup page. i have done that already, but when i close and re-open we back to the workin...

UPDATE BUTTON EVENT WAS NOT WORKING AT FIRST CLICK AFTER SECOND CLICK ONLY ITS WORKING

Gridview in a content page of a master page
The update/insert buttons dont work in the gridview. If this page runs as a normal webpage all these buttons work as required, but when run as a content page the button's postback seems to be called but the data is not updated at all. Any suggestions is well appreciated.   Hi, How about your code? How you implement it? Could you please post your code here for futher helps?Amanda WangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. I really dont know what went wrong, all the button click of...

paging in gridview works on first page only
Hi, I have the following gridview:<asp:GridView ID="showCompanies" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="15" DataSourceID="sql_showCompanies" DataKeyNames="company_id,country_id" onselectedindexchanged="showCompanies_SelectedIndexChanged"> <Columns><asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True" ButtonType="Image" SelectImageUrl="~/pics/edit.jpg" ItemStyle-Width="40px" SelectText="Edit company" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" />...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

Javascript not working in aspx page but working in html page

Update 4: Apply and Close button on styles page does not work first time.
With update 4 installed, I find I can't edit any VCL styles, without clicking TWICE on the Apply and Close button in the style manager. If the focus is on the Style manager already, then there isn't a problem, but if the focus starts on the Object inspector, the first click seems to focus the style-manager window itself, and the click gets lost, then the second click actually seems to register with the actual window. It seems to me, that the Firemonkey style designer is itself a firemonkey window, hosted inside a VCL application (The Delphi IDE). Since Firemonkey doesn't prov...

Page-Up/Down Not Working on Some Pages
There are certain web sites in which PG Up/Down doesn't work, and I have to use the mouse and scroll bar. Unfortunately, the one I am looking at right now needs a password, so it would be useless to send you the link. HAs anyone else noticed this, and found a solution for it? Buck Turgidson wrote: > There are certain web sites in which PG Up/Down doesn't work, and I have > to use the mouse and scroll bar. Unfortunately, the one I am looking at > right now needs a password, so it would be useless to send you the link. Take the HTML-code and make your own page...

Page up and Page Down do not work inside the RTE control???
I've got the user entering Rich Text into an RTE control using PB 10.5.1, build 6565, and the page keys simply don't work. I tried my classic old trick from my old PowerBuilder days of over-riding the pbm_dwnkey event and wiring some stuff up to detect the page keys, but the event isn't even being fired when the user presses keys. Any ideas on how to make the page keys work in the RTE ? Thanks. =Steve= ...

Atlas pages not working when Javascript is present on page
We have created several test applications sucsessfully using Atlas, but when trying to apply to an existing project got very odd results, Posts would trigger correctly but the changes indicated by the code would not be reflected on the page until a "Normal" non Atlas post was generated.  After much experimentation it we found that the problem was caused by a very simple piece of javascript that we had put in the page source.  When the java function was moved to file and included the page ran fine, when the function was directly on the page it would break Atlas.  the function...

Buttons not working in ContentPlaceHolder in a content page of a Master Page
My <asp:button> is not firing it's event. When i the content place holder by itself it does nothing apart from go up and down on the page. This is with a onClick event to response.redirect to Teacher_quizzes.aspx and a PostBackUrl to Teacher_quizzes.aspx.1 "Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="mainContent" Runat="Server"> 2 3 "Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Button" PostBackUrl="~/Teacher_quizzes.aspx"/>  When put inside a form with no runat because o...

ListView + Paging Results in only first two pages working
I have a list view with a paging control in it and only the first two pages work. After that it refreshes the page but doesn't go anywhere. I've turned on viewstate everywhere thinking that might be it, but no dice. Anyone have any ideas?  I think you should post this issue in the Win forms. Mark as answered if this post helps you. I would if I was talking about Winforms, but I'm talking about the new asp.net listview control with paging in .NET 3.5... Hi Geminiman, ListView combine with DataPager can perform paging perfectly. Have a look at this sample. It work...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

Datagrid Links work on first page
<asp:LoginView ID="LoginView1" runat="server"><RoleGroups><asp:RoleGroup Roles="administrator"><ContentTemplate><asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("id","add.aspx?id={0}")%>'>Edit</asp:HyperLink></ContentTemplate></asp:RoleGroup></RoleGroups></asp:LoginView></ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField>   This works perfectly on the first page of the data grid but the hyperlink dissappears on subsequent pages and on the initial page if it is navigated away from and returned to.  ...

Web resources about - update button doesnot work on second page and onwards,it works only on first page - asp.net.presentation-controls

Tanuj Rastogi - Sydney - about.me
View Tanuj Rastogi on about.me. About.me makes it easy for you to learn about Tanuj Rastogi’s background and interests.

Help:Wiki markup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The MediaWiki software suppresses single newlines and converts lines starting with a space to preformatted text in a dashed box. HTML suppresses ...

Hundertwasser on Hundertwasser · Hundertwasser
What does a man need in order to be happy. Progression is retrogression and retrogression becomes progression. My painting is, I think, completely ...

Contact - TEDxVienna
For inquiries regarding TEDxVienna, please contact: Vlad Adrian Gozman TEDxVienna Curator Email: vlad(at)tedxvienna.at TEDxVienna License ...

Oscar, cat with the purr of death
OSCAR the cat makes his grand entrances just as life is about to leave. -

ELECTORAL AMENDMENT AND REPEAL ACT 2005 (NO. 1 OF 2005) - SECT 4
After Part II thefollowing Part is inserted — “ Part IIA — Representation in Parliament Division 1 — Preliminary 16A. Terms used in this ...

Introduction
Introduction

Terms and Conditions - Eluta.ca
High-paying jobs in Canada directly from employers' websites. Seach new full-time jobs at 71,000+ employers across Canada.

The Keyboard of a Harpsichord
It's hard to think of something much simpler than the keyboard of a harpsichord. It's a row ofsimple wooden levers, nothing more. However, it ...