Text Changed Event For Dynamic Text Box

Hi.. i'm using the Grid View in my Web Application.. I'm creating a TextBox dynamically inside the grid view using Itemplate.. now what my requirement is after entering some values in the Textbox., in the Text_changed event it will do some calculations... But now my problem is i don know how to Write the TextBox_Changed event for the Dynamically created textbox.. pls help me

0
jayakumar007

in ITemplate's implementation of InstantiateIn (where you also create the TB), you could write handler for it

tb.TextChanged += new EventHandler(tb_TextChanged);

and so on...

if you need to write it outside the ITemplate, you could locate the TB in RowCreated (FindControling) and attach event handler with similar technique (previous snippet in C# tb being reference to the textbox , AddHandler in VB.NET)

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

Text box
I have a Popup calendar that opens when i click on the parent form and, and after selecting date - it fills the parent textbox and closes the popup window. Every thing is working fine, but i have one problem, i want the Textbox - textchanged event to fire when there is a change,(auto postback for textbox is set to true). This is not happening. If i manually type in the date in the textbox and go to other control then it fires, but not when i select date from PopUp. How to make it work Appreciate any response. Thanks. Parent Form JAVASCRIPT function OpenCalendar(...

how to call a text changed event in text box
hi all   I am developing a web application. In that i have used a text box and pop up calendar to generate a date time picker. Anyhow its working fine. But when i change the date in the text box, the text changed event is not calling. Also i have done autopostback = true. Can anybody help me regarding this. thanks in advance. hi Sancti, The another way is to write the ontext change event code inside the onselectedchange event of the calendar.Please do not forget to click Mark As Answer on the post that helped you. Regards,K.Sivakumar  Is u added this handler if yes and ...

count the length of the text box on text changed event
 Hai       Me with C# asp.net. How can I count the length of the text box on text changed eventThanks in advanceAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila protected void TextBox1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { int length = TextBox1.Text.Length; } Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks! in the event add: Name...

changing the text on text box
hello, i need to build an addon which takes (on mouse click) the text of any given input text box and change it. how do i get theobject of the text box and set my text to its value. thanks... ...

Enabling button after text changed on text box from form view control
I'm using form view to display some text box that contains user's personal info. There are "save" buttons for each text box which are disable as default. I want to enable them when text is changed on the the text box. I don't know how to write the the JavaScript function to do this task and i also don't know how to call the function from the the textbox control (onchange or ontextchange?). Here is the formview code: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID ="personalSQL"> <ItemTemplate > <ta...

Ritch Text Box control from Free Text Box
I have a client that is complaintaning about how hurd it is to format a html page with that tool it is great for someone like us who knows how to work with HTML and all that.. is it a good program or tool that i can show him so he ca format a page for easily ?? right now is using Word and do a copy paste..but its not showing off the same thing... thanx.I like programming If he is using word you might want to look at this... Peters MHTML Control Cheers, Dave...

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

Dynamic Text box control, TextChanged event raised first
I have created multiple text box controls dynamically and added an event handler (using addHandler) for that textbox TextChanged event. I am calling some function on that text changed event. When I load the page in edit mode, (ie, the text box controls are populated with data when the page loads). My Problem is the TextChanged event which is added for dynamic textbox is getting fired first when any button is clicked on the form. Please advise if any one has a solution for this.  Thanks in advance. Hi Can you provide some code snippet so that we can repro this problem? I...

dynamically controlling combo box and text box
hii have a datagrid,which contains dynamically created combo box and text box,when the combo box selected value changes ,i need the textbox value to be changed accordingly can any one help me in this,if you can give some sample code,it will be really helpfulthanks in advanceroopesh  If your dropdownlist is autopostback you just handle in its selectedindexchanged event:textbox.Text = dropdownlist.SelectedValue;If you just want to set at the client side without postback, then register this javascript at startup, maybe on your page load event:  dropdownlist.Attributes.Add(...

Assign text to a text box dynamically?
Hello, I would like to assign text to a text box in a for next loop instead of the manual Textbox1.Text="Testing...";I have a total of 10 text boxes and want to loop throught  all of these ten text boxes and assign text depening on the results of the SQL query from user..  I am not in a level that I can dynamically create and dispo text box on-the-fly yet in VS 2005 aspx web page yet :).  Right now I have an "if/ elseif" section to manually assign the text (textbox1.text="..";) depending how many items I get back from SQL results.  I would li...

Text style change on the text box
 Hi experts,I'm try to create an email system, i'm having problem on the compose new email which allow user to change their text style while they press the button, i had been totally out of idea to do it.So please give me any idea and suggestion how to do it... Thanks...Below is the basic of my code:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="NewPost.aspx.cs" Inherits="_NewPost" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd...

Dynamically adding text to a text box.
I have a bunch of text boxes in a Datagrid and when I load the page I enable them to check their corresponding checkboxes like so:tbSupplierID.Attributes.Add("onclick", _ "JavaScript: document.getElementById('" & chkUpdateLine.ClientID & "').checked = true;") Which works great (thanks NC01) but I also want to make it so when the textbox is clicked, not only does it check the checkbox, it also adds its text to another texbox control (txtSupplierID).At first I just tried to get the onclick to add any text to the other texbox:tbSupplierID.Attributes.Add("onclick", _"JavaScript: documen...

changing text in static text control
Hello PB 11 build 8123 I have a window with a dwcontrol. When I am updating the dw control I want one of the column names (static text controls) to change based on a value I select in another column. So far I have the code in the itemchanged to capture the value of my selection in the field I first select. How do I take this value, (it can only be Y or N) and program one of the column headings (static text) to display a certain text? I can't seem to get it to work with setitem or settext. Those two funcs don't really work with column headings as far as I can see. A...

Changing the text of an input (text) control
Hi everyone, please answer the following: I have a html input control as follows  <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords %>" name="newSearch_keywords""/>    When the page loads I need to look at the text of this input field and remove any * chars that are in the text. Thanks for your help <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords.Re...

Web resources about - Text Changed Event For Dynamic Text Box - asp.net.presentation-controls

The Day the Universe Changed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Day the Universe Changed (subtitled "A Personal View by James Burke") is a British documentary television series written and presented by ...

How Has Facebook Changed News Delivery?
... cats — it altered the way stories are seen. Now everyone can make news. But for those who make a living by spreading news, Facebook has changed ...

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

West Wing Changed Me (@WWChangedMe) on Twitter

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
A bunch of people made suggestions after reading today's Changes piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming ...

Economics : How has introductory economics changed as it's been taught in American universities over ...
Answer (1 of 5): Introductory economics has not changed enormously over the years. In part this is because much of introductory economics is ...

Knuckle Up #398: UFC 178, Cry Babies, HeadGames + Suddenly Your DNA Is Forever Changed… (MMA Nation) ...
Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson of http://BloodyElbow.com lends his one-of-a-kind perspective on UFC 178 up to and including the TEARS ...

Battle against terrorism: Team Australia approach denies society has changed
The choice between the politics of the old and that of the new is not a choice only faced by Australia. It&rsquo;s faced by the US, by Britain, ...