Summing up columns in footer of Data Grid Control

I'm trying to sum up the values from the collumns that i have in a certain data grid.

I have 2 options:

1. I have a stored proc that I have written that can sum up the values (how can I place the values from that stored proc into the footer of a particluar Data grid).

2.  How can i sum up the values from w/n the data grid.  (from the ItemDataBind).

Examples from either is greatly appricated:

Thanks in advance everyone.

Regards,

RB

0
ryanjboyle

check this
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
5/2/2005 10:31:58 PM

Thanks for pointing me to this article, should do the trick.

Thanks again for the help.

RB

0
ryanjboyle

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Tracing data controls within data controls
I have a problem with tracing data controls within data controls. Below are the codes and the trace statements. Can anyone help me? Your help is very much appreciated. : : : private void InitializeComponent() { this.DataGrid1.ItemDataBound+=new DataGridItemEventHandler(DataGrid1_ItemDataBound); this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load); } #endregion private void DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e) { DropDownList Dropdownlist1 = (DropDownList)e.Item.Controls[2].FindControl("D...

Run an event whose control is located in Data Presentation Controls
Hey, How can we fire an event which belongs to such as a button which is located in Data Presentation Controls such as a gridview.For example : Assume that my page contains a gridview control which is contains a button and the button name comes from database by gridview control but i wanna fire button control's own event independently of the GridView. Thanks and Regards.I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Hi:   You can use CommandArgument to distinguish different buttons in the same column: <asp:Button ID="Button2&...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

Header/Footer control in a data grid
How to reference a control situated in header/footer of a datagrid from another method, so that the drop downs there can be populated in Page_Load() event, once for all ?? If the same is done in ItemCreated() or ItemDataBound() event, the drop down population (done by a hit to the DB) is done each time data is bound. Also, a For Each .. loop using DataGridItem won't serve the purpose, as DataGridItem only represents an Item (a row). I've tried all my level, but of no use. Any help towards positive results is very much appreciated. SriRam S.Microsoft->Samba! Edited by haidar_bilal - Plea...

Tree view control with column sortable and non data checkbox control
I have a simple .net question. I want to diaplay a tree view control with data coming from db-sp. eg. Family1                Fld1 Fld2 Fld3 Fld4 checkbox                Fld11 Fld12 Fld13 Fld14 checkbox      Family2                Fld21 Fld22 Fld23 Fld24 checkbox 1. is it possible to do sort on columns Fld1,Fld2,Fld3.... 2. checkbox is a non data column ...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

How does the Grid Control Get the Columns from the Data Source?
How does the grid control get the columns that it's going to be able to display from the Datasource?  In WinForms (and asp.net before) it queried ITypedList interface if it was there and got the columns from that.  I can't figure out what is getting called to get the columns and they're not showing up no matter what I do. I've implimented DataSourceView and returned it correctly and it's getting called correctly, I just can't see how it gets the columns from the Ienumerable collection because it isn't pulling the columns that I have setup for some reason. Any help woul...

Web resources about - Summing up columns in footer of Data Grid Control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Rolf Harris trial: Judge begins summing up
The judge in the Rolf Harris trial has begun summing up the law and evidence in the Australian entertainer&amp;#8217;s sex assault trial

Tonga brutal in summing up season
Tonga brutal in summing up season

Rolf Harris trial: Judge tells jury not to overvalue 'octopus' remark in summing up
... trial are told not to overvalue the suggestion he was known as the octopus. The judge at the trial of Rolf Harris in London has finished summing ...

Summing up BYOD advantages, disadvantages and alternatives
Bring your own device, or BYOD, is certainly something that businesses can no longer afford to ignore. By 2017, Gartner predicts that half of ...

Summing up Mr. Romney, Generic Candidate, by @DavidOAtkins
Summing up Mr. Romney, Generic Candidate by David Atkins Hunter at Daily Kos : There is now less than two weeks to go before this election ...

Summing It Up: National TV Ad Revenues Down 2.7% - Broadcasting & Cable
After a week of earnings reports that sent the media sector stocks tumbling, analysts took a beat to see what they’ve learned. Based on the ...

Summing Up a Summer of Search Engine Shuffling for SMBs & DIY Marketers
Summing Up a Summer of Search Engine Shuffling for SMBs & DIY Marketers was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine ...

The Pope in three words: Summing up the pontiff - CNN.com
How would you describe the Pope in three words? We put the question out to viewers and social media, and thousands of results poured in. Tweet ...

Summing Up The Crazy: What Today’s Apple Quarterly Earnings Actually Means
Today at 2PM Pacific/5PM Eastern, Apple will announces its 2013 first quarter earnings. Cult of Mac will, of course, be covering it live, but ...

Summing Up the Year in Food in One Word
Was the past year disheartening? Tha-iriffic? Or just all about toast? As is the tradition at Eater, our closeout of the year is a survey of ...