Selectable Row in a DataGrid without the SELECT button

Does anyone know how to code the DataGrid so that when click on the data row, that row  must be selected just like a SELECT button does, but without the button?

Thanks,

0
bosox04

Check this out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebteam/html/webteam11062001.asp (Section: The Works and Days of Hands)
Remove "_no_spam" for sending email
0
dpl

How to select a row without select button
Hi. I am use one Dataview in My Web site Now i Have 2 boubts , 1.How to get a Datagrid item values(All row values)in pageLoad event 2.How to select a row without using Select Button, i want to select a row on mouse click event Please give me a soulation TO SELECT A ROW ONCLICK: Firstly, you will need to enable row selections for your datagrid. this will place the proper javascript in your page for what is to come.  This will place a select button on your page, but you can convert that column into a template and make the linkbutton visible=false. you need a OnRowCreated ev...

Select a gridview row without a select button
Hi Does anyone have a vb code sample of how to select a gridview row without having to click on a select button?   Thanks    ASPX <asp:label id="Label1" runat="server" /> <asp:gridview id="GridView1" runat="server" autogeneratecolumns="False" datakeynames="ProductID,ProductName" datasourceid="SqlDataSource1" style="margin-top: 12px;"> <columns> <asp:boundfield datafield="ProductID" headertext="ProductID" readonly="True" sort...

Iwant to select a row and column in gridview with select radiobutton. but No checked change event.below put a button .if click that button to seleced row values will select
I want to select a row and column in gridview using radiobutton in gridview . if which radio button is select that row will select and i want that row column values in outside individual textboxes of next page.  but in that only single radiobutton will select and no post back="true" bcz iam not using checked change property. i inserted button below gridview. if i click the that selected row and columns values are stored into textboxes of next page im using this code .but im getting one column in that row. but i want all columns in that selected row so plz repla...

Help selecting geridview row without select button.
I am trying to get a gridview row to be selected without havigna select button.  I have looked all over and come up with this notion.  In the Gridview I do the following.                  <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="ContactID" Visible="False">                    <ItemTemplate>                &n...

Problem in GridView Row Selection without using Select button
Hi All, I want to Select a Gridview Row without using Select button, So i have used following Javascript in Row DataBound Event.... e.Row.Attributes["onmousedown"] = ClientScript.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(this.grdDocs, "Select$" + e.Row.RowIndex,false); It is working fine. But the page is refreshing every time when i select a row. how can i avoid that....? Using an UpdatePanel is one option, off the top of my head,C# <---> VB.Net Translator I am not using Ajax here. Can't i do with Javascript...? Row selection in a Grid is only handled server-side...

How can I select a row without clicking "Select" button
Is it possible to select a row by clicking anywhere in the row of the data grid. What I would like to achieve is to put the datagrid in edit mode by cliking anywhere in the datagrid row. Thanks for any help, Remzi Hi! This link to MSDN should help ya out. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchTopQuestionsAboutASPNETDataGridServerControl.asp mingz p/s the very useful link above was originally posted by colt in a different thread so thank him and not me :) http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=3383...

how to update a row using a seperate update button not command button without selecting the row?
How to update a row using a seperate update button not command button without selecting a row? Simple question but dificult to do. The reason I ask this is that when a user clicks 'Update' I want each row to update the database. Please note I can't use findcontrol as their are no headers This is my code so far: protected void UpdateButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){    foreach (GridViewRow row in CellGridView.Rows)     {          string stext = CellGridView.Rows.ToString();     &nb...

How do I select a row using a button that isnt the select command button
I have an 'UP' and 'DOWN' button by the side of a gridview. When i click 'UP' or 'DOWN' the row swaps places with the row above or below which is correct. However i want the row that moved to continue being selected so that i can keep pressing the 'UP' button to move the row rather than having to select the row click 'UP' then select the row then click 'UP' and so on. I need a line of code that changes the selected index up or down when i press the 'UP' or 'DOWN' button. But the events available to me when clicking on...

Problem in Using DropDownList Control to select a selected row of SqlDataSource that is under GridView Control
Hi all,In my SQL Server Management Studio Express, I have a database "ChemDatabase" that has a table "LabData"  formatted in the following way: SampleID int PRIMARY KEY, SampleName nvarchar(25), ChemicalName, nvarchar(25), Concentration decimal(6.2) with 5 rows of records in this .dbo table. In my Visual Web Developer Express, I created a website "RPD-TCE" for extracting a row of record from the LabData table by using a DropDownList, a GridView and a SqlDataSource.  I want to click DropDownList to list one number of S...

How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g
Hi,when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.With kind requestThanks your query is very raw..can u details it out...Pl...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

How to select rows in a datagrid based on the column selected?
A datagrid is creted using Template column. In a datagrid the first column contains a checkbox and next column contains itemID and in the footer there is a Linkbutton named delete. I want to delete the selected item from the datagrid. How can I do it?Subham RakshitCognizant Technology Solutions Since your Delete Button is not in the same row as your CheckBox, you'll need to iterate through the DataGrid.Items collection. From each DataGridItem, use FindControl to retrieve a reference to your CheckBox. With that reference, if the Checked property is True, then you can retrieve the primar...

Selecting records in GRIDVIEW without SELECT button ??
Hi , i was wondering, how to make the SELECT link button that comes along with the GRIDVIEW when we enable SELECTION , disappear and make the records selectable ?, so that insted of CLICKING on the SELECT button for selecting the records , i could directly select the records !. Now i get somthing like this.. for selection.. Col 1   COL2Select nameSelect AgeSelect salary What i want is..this for selection... COL1nameagesalary Thanks in advance ! Convert your data column to a template field. Replace the label with a LinkButton, bind the text and set the commandname o...

Is it possible to use a dynamic image button as select button in datagrid control?
I have a SqlDataSource that returns fname, lname and namekey. I have a gridview control that I want to have 3 columns. First column to display fname, second column to display lname and third column to display imagebutton. Column 1 & 2 are bound with the datafield. The possible images for the button are stored in a web directory on another server so I would need to set the button ImageUrl to http://webserver/ + namekey from datasource + .jpg from the C# code behind or asp code? Is this possible?   This will get you what you want: EDIT: sorry forgot to mention you can add your o...

Web resources about - Selectable Row in a DataGrid without the SELECT button - asp.net.presentation-controls

Selectable marker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A selectable marker is a gene introduced into a cell , especially a bacterium or to cells in culture , that confers a trait suitable for artificial ...

[iOS Advice] How To Make Your iOS Device Speak Selectable Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

AMD Announces Never Settle Forever Bundle, Introduces Selectable Rewards
With AMD’s existing Never Settle Reloaded bundle set to wind-down this summer, AMD is announcing this morning that they are once again refreshing ...

How To Make Your iOS Device Speak Selectable Text
... device highlight words as it speaks them. Step 4: After you’re done configuring Speak Selection, open an app, document, or Web page with selectable ...

Sony takes up HD-blocking Selectable Output Control fight
They're baaack... The Hollywood studios are still pushing the FCC for …

Official: New Fuso Canter can canter in selectable 4x4 mode
... cab-over truck that also offers power to all its wheels, Fuso would like you to have a look at its new Canter 4x4. With the addition of selectable ...

Video: Mercedes-Benz B-Class EV coming with selectable regen brakes, 124-mile range
Filed under: EV/Plug-in , Daimler An early video review of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive is now available and we couldn't help ...

Bing Fund Welcomes Selectable Media
... let’s keep that to another post. Because we have another announcement to make today. Today, Bing Fund would like to officially welcome Selectable ...

Selectable Media raises $2 million from Avalon Ventures for choosable video ads
By incentivizing high-CPM viewing, Selectable Media offers publishers a way to monetize high-quality content without giving it away to audiences ...

Fight Over “Selectable Output Control” DRM Heats Up
... Association of America (MPAA) and the advocacy group Public Knowledge sent tit-for-tat letters to the FCC yesterday over the issue of Selectable ...