Repeating Datagrid column headers every 10th row

I want to display the datagrid column headers every 10th row so the user does not need to scroll up to see the header of the column. I have searched this issue a lot without any success.

Please advice if this is even possible to achieve with the datagrid.
0
hpatel298

Check this one for starters
http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/Articles/ExtendingDataGrid.aspx

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
7/21/2005 7:47:53 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The example you mentioned does not repeat the original header. I want to repeat the productid and categoryid every 10th row. I am starting to believe now that this is not an easy job for a datagrid.
0
hpatel298
7/21/2005 7:55:52 PM
Yes,

but it demonstrates the idea. it is no harder than when ItemCreated runs for Footer, loop through items (or when ItemCreated runs for every row, collect the row indexes and at the end run the adding for all collected indexes) and just checking the modulus against every item's ItemIndex (you have every 10th row when it is 0). Then just add the header with Controls.AddAt as it is done in that sample code.
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

How do I repeat Header Row every n rows in DataGrid /-List or Repeater?
I have a page where I return hundreds of rows of data that we want to keep in a single response without using frames. In ASP we simply repeated the header every 10 - 15 rows so that the user always had a header row on the screen when they scrolled through the data. Can I do this with a datagrid, datalist or repeater? How? Is there a better solution to keeping a heading in view? Thanks in avance. Hi, Have a look @: MakeItScroll.com Read : Scrollable DataGrid with a Fixed HeaderK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. This is very good, but for very small tab...

Datagrid: Add a Main header row, above the column headers
Is this possible?  How is this done? -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Yes...Handle the ItemCreated event.  I have a sample using the GridView that can give you the idea http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/nestedgridviews/default.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com Do you have any examples using DataGrid in VB? Can the Header be displayed above the column headers?  -smc~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_customheader.aspxHTH,Phillip Williams,http:...

How to retrieve controls in column header of a DataGrid?
I have controls in column header of a my DataGrid control grdDocumentDate. I use grdDocumentDate.FindControl() to look for the controls in column header but could not get them. Is there any way to solve the problem? ImageButton ib = (ImageButton)grdDocumentDate.FindControl("ibDocDate");ib always returns null.<asp:datagrid id="grdDocumentDate" style="Z-INDEX: 118; LEFT: 24px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 176px" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnItemCommand="ShowMoreDetailsCommand" BackColor="Silver"    Width="704px"> ...

datagrid with a headers header row
Howdy! I am using a datagrid and I have all the rows and then a header row explaining each column, but I want a row above that as part of the table explaining the table. Thoughts? Cheers Can you explain more clearly what you want? Okay, A normal datagrid has the data fields and the header fields where the header fields are a one to one correlation to the data fields and are used to descibe the data fields. That is perfect as well, but I want to put a title on the datagrid above the header fields to use a couple of words to describe the table itself. There will be s...

Can you have a datagrid control inside of a repeater control. If so, how do you reference the datagrid in code behind
Hello, If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a repeater control and I want to place a datagrid inside of the repeater control's item template. The problem is, I don't know how to reference the datagrid control in the code behind. Also, can I bind data into the headertemplate of the repeater control such as a name. Actually I would only need a name. Don't know about GridView inside the Repeater, but did you thought about Repeater inside the Repeater?(Example below)  1 Protected Sub rptMain_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syst...

Datagrid to have a different drop down for every row in the same column
Hello all, I am trying to make a datagrid do something it probably wasn't supposed to do.I am trying make reporting program that list the reports in a listbox.  When you select the report, I want the parameter list to come up in the datagrid.There will be two columns (name, value). Each row will have a different option list.Example:Business Period - List of business periods# of tickets - 1,2,3,4,5 etcUser - List of usersAny thoughts on how best to solve this problem?Thanks,drc37 If you can represent the name and value corresponding to a report as two data tables in a dataset and defi...

Printing Column Headers in a Datagrid on every page
Is there that when a datagrid is sent to print, if there are multiple pages, the column header will be printed on each subsequent page? Thanks in advance! I have written a solution in the code examples... http://forums.asp.net/1109176/ShowPost.aspx...

Can you control selectability of DataGrid column headers?
We have a DataTable with sorting enabled.  The person that I am working for has a complaint:  he wants the user to be able to select a column for sorting whenever the mouse is over the text in the header text of the column;  as things stand now, the cursor must be positioned  just below the text before the browser will allow selection.  Is there a way to control this, or  is this functionality that is internal to the browser? This behavior appears to only be an issue in Internet Explorer, not Firefox. the sort headers are simply an anchor...

How to Display Repeater control like table with rows and columns
I am getting display of repeater Items like NameAddress NameAddress NameAddress NameAddress...................Like this 50 in number So I want display to look like Name            Name      NameAddress      Address     Address Name            Name      NameAddress      Address     Address Name       &nb...

Can repeater control go inside datagrid column?
I am creating a document control. Each row of my datagrid will contain fixed information about date, title, description, text, etc. This row will be build off a documents table in my database. But, I want the last column in my datagrid to hold a variable number of links to media files that might be assigned to each document. This data will come from a second data table containing media links and their filetypes (i.e. word, pdf, mpeg, etc). The user can link multiple instances of a media type to one document. Each of these media links will have icons, I want everything to appear nicely...

Dynamic Row, Column & TextBox Control In Datagrid....
Hi,I have to create a  datagrid for my aspx page. The datagrid columns and rows are determined at run time. Even the column name is not a constant ones. I got the solution for column and rows. But now I want to add a text box control for each column and each row of the grid. How can I do it dynamically?Thanks & Regards,KK hello you can use template column anytime Yeah, thats what I'm trying out... But I'm not getting some good pointers on how to do it. The other problem for me is I want to add a column to a datagrid which is not bound to any columns...It will ...

freeze the header row of datagrid for dynamically generated columns
Hi Everyone ... I have a dynamically generated datagrid populated using the results of an Oracle Stored Procedure. When I say "dynamically generated" I mean that dependent on the results from the database this will build the datagrid which can have varying number of columns, column headers, column types, etc ... I have sucessfully been able to program this using a DataView Object which has allows bi-directional column sorting and pagination. However, I am in a position where the database can return a vast amount of information, different people will use different hardware and thus ...

Repeat columns = 3 Repeat Rows = ?
Hi all I managed to do a table using a datalist, it is possible to set the number of columns u want to repeat, but is there a way to set the number of rows? Pls tell, thanks!...

Group multiple table rows into columns of a datalist or repeater control
i have the following table:id quantity desc1 5 desc11 3 desc21 2 desc32 4 desc12 3 desc23 6 desc13 7 desc2and this table could have 1 or multiple records with the same id, and what i need to do is display the quantity and desc of ID 1's rows in a column in the datalist and then ID 2's rows in another column in the datalist and 3 in a 3rd column and so ondoes anybody know if there is a way to accomplish this???Could the "ExtractTemplateRows" property used in some way to make this happen? or is this possible with and other control?...

Web resources about - Repeating Datagrid column headers every 10th row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Repeating decimal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A repeating or recurring decimal is a way of representing rational numbers in base 10 arithmetic . The decimal representation of a number is ...

Pre-order History Repeating: Red NOW! - YouTube
Our latest album, History Repeating: Red is coming in April! Head over to http://www.themegas.com/get-equipped-with-stuff/featured/ and check ...

Gillard's hope: it's just a case of GST repeating
Gillard's hope: it's just a case of GST repeating

Donald Trump is constantly repeating this Jeb Bush zinger
Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump has settled on...

We're on the brink of repeating the mistakes of 9/11
We could so easily choose to defuse some of the destructive force of terrorist groups' symbolic missiles.

Donald Trump's tirade of hate against immigrants is repeating history
The United States has been through it all before, of course. It is true that America hardly ever learns from its own history, and is thus doomed, ...

A shameful history repeating itself
There is an African-American President; there is an African American as Attorney-General; and there is a slain African American with six bullet ...

Stan Wawrinka’s French Open win a little bit of history repeating
Other Sports: Stan Wawrinka shocked the tennis world as he denied Novak Djokovic a chance to complete his Career Slam, thwarting the Serb 4-6, ...

Repeating school has no social or academic benefit
Thousands of NSW parents are insisting their children repeat a year of school, despite warnings from education experts it could do more harm ...

Opinion: The press owes the public more than repeating gossip on the alleged Ford video
Feature 1 The Rob Ford video is not news, it’s only gossip, according to two journalism ethics professors, and the difference is the standards ...