Re: How to control the columns displayed on a .net page depending on the page the user is coming from

Hi all,

   I have got two pages on wy website which contains a form to submit data into the same database. The two pages have also got a link to view the submitted data. The challenge I have got at the moment is, I want to be able to control columns the users see depending on the which of the two pages they are coming from. I know I can simply create two more separate pages but I don't want to do that. I feel I can be clever and achieve this with a conditional statement but to be honest, I don't know how to go about this.

Could you please help me on thsi? Basically, the landing page displays the information using GridView in rows and columns. Also, here is the syntax that takes me to the landing page from the two pages at the moment -

1) string sJscript = string.Format("window.open('masterpayment.aspx?comp={0}');", Server.UrlEncode(company.Text));
        ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "WinOpen", sJscript, true);

2) Response.Redirect("viewall.aspx");

 Thanks in advance

Regards,
Eyitomi
0
eyitomi

 Hi

You can use GridView1.Columns[index].Visible attribute inside some conditional statement on Page_Load event

0
zx6r
7/3/2008 1:14:36 PM

You can put a condition on RowCreated event of GridView to control the Visibility of Columns

protected void GridView1_RowCreated(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{
        if(<YOUR CONDITION HERE>)
        {
            GridView1.Columns[0].Visible = false; //just change the index of columns based on your requirements
        }
        else
        {
            GridView1.Columns[0].Visible = true;
        }
}

Regards,Vinz

vinz

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

Using controls from pages, master pages, and user controls
How would I structure my site in this scenario: I'd like to use a dropdownlist all over my site, sometimes in a regular page, sometimes in a master page, and sometimes in a user control.  I wish to bind its events programmatically, so normally I would just put that in the codebehind.  However, I notice a lot of code duplication because I have to declare the control in everywhere, in my base page (which all my pages inherit from), in my base master page (which all my master pages inherit from) and in my base user control (which all my user controls inherit from).How should I be...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Calling a method from a control page on the axpx page where the control page exists.
Hello,  I have an .aspx page that has a method called grdMain_DataBind().  I have a control page that loads within the aspx page which has its own logic.  I have a button on my control page called "SAVE".  How can I call the method grdMain_DataBind thats in my aspx logic from the control that exists on that page when I click SAVE button.  Is there a way? If I were you, I'd simply create a "Save" Event within your control. When the Button in your control is pressed, in the Click handler for that Button you can raise the event. Then, within t...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

page/user control controls
hello. if my page contains a user control. what happens if i try to save stuff to the viewstate using both the page AND the user control? does one override the other? are they kep seperate? thanks. 1. How to do you plan to "save" the View State 2. Where do you want to save it? 3. What type of data are you saving, the ViewState collection (a StateBag), the information converted from it and returned through Control.SaveViewState(), or the data converted by the Page's SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium?--- Peter BlumCreator of Peter's Data Entry Suite (formerly Profes...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Re: Net::LDAP::Control::Paged problems
Folks, As I suspected, further digging indicates that although simple page control is possible with the iPlanet Directory Server (where it is referred to as VLV or Virtual List Views), it is not a default option. Unfortunately, enabling it is not a simple, intuitive or well-documented process. Even if successfully enabled there is no guarantee that it will work with the Net::LDAP control modules. I'm going to place a support call to Sun and see where things go from there. Thanks Bob, Graham for your time. --Jim On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 13:59 US/Pacific, ...

Add user control from user control to web page
Hi there, I have a user control, that is inside another user control on a web page. From this user contfol, I need to add something to a place holder on the parent web page. I am having troubles referencing the placeholder correclty. I can get it fine as build time, but on runtime it kicks up the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -------------------------------------------------------------- protected Civil_and_Corporate.candcadmin._default _default; ------------------------- Control objControl...

Web resources about - Re: How to control the columns displayed on a .net page depending on the page the user is coming from - asp.net.presentation-controls

Wikipedia:File copyright tags/Displayed and ranked - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... images in Wikipedia. In order to more easily locate the best copyright tag for any given image, currently available copyright tags are displayed ...

Facebook to adjust calculations for total check-ins displayed on place pages
... go into effect within the next few weeks, and page owners might notice a difference in their total “were here” tally. Total check-ins are displayed ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store ...
Get QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Is this not bigotry displayed by Houston, TX 3rd grade teacher Angela Box? - YouTube
There is a controversy brewing over third grade elementary school teacher Angela Box. She teaches at Houston Independent School District (HISD) ...

Hoon’s crushed car displayed
Hoon’s crushed car displayed

Surgeon who cut away child's hip bone displayed 'unsatisfactory professional performance'
... orthopaedic surgeon who removed substantial bone from a teenage girl's misaligned hip, further destabilising it and destroying her joint, displayed ...

Wrong flag displayed before North Korea soccer match halts Games
... international incident when the North Korea women's team refused to take the field for more than an hour after the South Korean flag was displayed ...

MH17 plane fragment to be displayed by Russian museum: reports
A fragment of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 will be put on display despite investigators seeking all debris to find out why it crashed.

Sydney siege: Flag displayed during Martin Place hostage crisis not same as that used by terrorist group ...
The flag displayed during the siege at a Sydney cafe is not the same one used by the Islamic State terrorist group.