Problems updating a table in Oracle using Gridview

Hi!

I wonder if anyone has a solution to this problem.

After creating a gridview and connecting to an oracle database (9.2) I successfully get the rows displayed. However after trying the Update and changing the value of a column I get the error below. The user I am connecting with has DBA rights in the database.

[OracleException (0x80131938): ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
]
   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.CheckError(OciErrorHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc) +167
   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.Execute(OciStatementHandle statementHandle, CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean needRowid, OciRowidDescriptor& rowidDescriptor, ArrayList& resultParameterOrdinals) +1719
   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQueryInternal(Boolean needRowid, OciRowidDescriptor& rowidDescriptor) +503
   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +125
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteDbCommand(DbCommand command, DataSourceOperation operation) +493
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues) +916
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +179
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleUpdate(GridViewRow row, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean causesValidation) +1139
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +835
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +162
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +118
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +175
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +31
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +32
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +244
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3837

Best regards,

Tommy Sarenbrant

0
tsaren

I am having the same problems as this.  Anyone have a solution or fix.

0
Meps

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerate...

Updating multiple tables in database using one Gridview control
I have a SQL datasource which performs a join on multiple tables which is displayed through a gridview. I would like to be able to edit the columns but can't figure out how to do an update on multiple tables at once. " SelectCommand="SELECT aspnet_Users.UserName, aspnet_Membership.Email, aspnet_Roles.RoleName, aspnet_Membership.IsApproved FROM aspnet_Membership INNER JOIN aspnet_Users ON aspnet_Membership.UserId = aspnet_Users.UserId INNER JOIN aspnet_UsersInRoles ON aspnet_Membership.UserId = aspnet_UsersInRoles.UserId INNER JOIN aspnet_Roles ON aspnet_UsersInRo...

Problem Using Slider Control in Gridview Control
Hello to all,   it is urgent.   i want to use slider control in a Gridview Template Column, if someone can help me how i can get this functionality?...

(master/detail) control using gridview and formview controls problem...
hi guys, i'm new to .net programming and have been toying with the (master/detail) control using gridview and formview controls...however, i can't seem to drilldown to the correct record when the primary key is a composite key. please help....   <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" DataKeyNames="ServiceID,VersionNum" CellPadding="4" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None"               &nbs...

Problem with SQL Update/Insert Proc in a Gridview
Hi,I am using SQL 2005 and ASP.Net 2.0 with C# code behind and I am stuck.  What I am doing:I have a gridview that calls information from several tables to display user details - guid, first name, last name, phone number, etc.  Then I inserted an 'edit' command button which calls a stored proc that runs an update transaction on the tables.  The proc is linked (I don't know the correct term) through an object data source tied to a dataset that has a method that calls the proc.  I use this proc in another location and it works fine.The problem:When I create a ne...

Problems using Oracle Proxy Tables in queries to ASA tables
I have created a remote server to an oracle database from a asa9 database. Using Powerbuilder10 to create a query joining a table from the oracle proxy table to a asa table does not work. Are there any parameters that should be modifed that anyone is aware of in either ASA or Powerbuilder Can you be more specific than "does not work"? What error do you get? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ...

Problem in Using DropDownList Control to select a selected row of SqlDataSource that is under GridView Control
Hi all,In my SQL Server Management Studio Express, I have a database "ChemDatabase" that has a table "LabData"  formatted in the following way: SampleID int PRIMARY KEY, SampleName nvarchar(25), ChemicalName, nvarchar(25), Concentration decimal(6.2) with 5 rows of records in this .dbo table. In my Visual Web Developer Express, I created a website "RPD-TCE" for extracting a row of record from the LabData table by using a DropDownList, a GridView and a SqlDataSource.  I want to click DropDownList to list one number of S...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Problem using two gridviews when using selected value of 1st to control datasource of 2nd
 I have a page with 2 gridviews. When you select a row in the first gridview, the DataKey of that row gets passed to the second gridview, which then displays a list of related records. I've read at http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/tutorial-08-cs.aspx that there can be issues around page lifecycle timing that can affect what I'm doing so I've tried to follow the instructions there. However, I'm still having problems.Here's the flow of what I want to happen:a) User clicks row in gridview1.b) Postback occurs.c) gridview1 is selected, gridview2 shows records relating...

having problem updating the table with gridview
 Dim DBConn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("...") Dim DBCmd As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand Dim DBAdap As New Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter Dim DS As New Data.DataSet DBConn.Open() Try DBCmd = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("UPDATE TABLE SET STATUS = '1' ", DBConn) 'DBCmd = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("UPDATE TABLE SET STATUS = '1' WHERE Gridview1.ItemTemplate.CheckBox1.Checked.True ", DBConn) 'my code but have errors DBCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() ...

Problem Updating Northwind's Category table using the Web Matrix Update wizard
 Hello, I am using the Web Matrix Code Wizard's Update feature.  I have a very simple user interface that has two textboxes.  One is for a Name and the other is for a Description.  I also have a dropdown listbox.  I am working with the Northwind database attempting to update the Category table. The dropdown listbox is populated with the categoryID and the two textboxes are for the CategoryName and CategoryDescription fields.  I have data successfully populating the textboxes and when I select a new categoryID in the dropdown listbox, the data in the textboxes ...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Web resources about - Problems updating a table in Oracle using Gridview - asp.net.presentation-controls

Apple is working on an iOS app for troubleshooting device problems
... with knowledge of goings-on at Apple’s Infinite Loop HQ,” the in-development application asks customers “basic questions to boil down the problem” ...

Sleeping in on weekends linked to health problems
... morning snoozes (however glorious they may be). Sleeping late on days-off—and other sleep-time adjustments—are linked to metabolic problems ...

Oil Patch Problems: Rigs Down 60%, Production Down 3%, $40-$50 Price Doesn't Work
... has not hand a monthly close below $40 since mid-2004. And $40 to $50 is not even profitable, putting producers into a bind. Oil Patch Problems ...

E. Coli Isn't Chipotle's Only Problem
Brand perception was way down even before the latest outbreak.

Google's self-driving car has a huge problem
Google is designing a fleet of driverless cars. Throughout testing, engineers have noticed that the human tendency to ignore the rules of the ...

Apple admitted there's a problem with the iPad Pro
... The launch of the iPad Pro hasn't been smooth. In addition to the issue of iPad Pros crashing when being charged, there has also been a problem ...

Tesla recalls all Model S cars for seat belt problem
Tesla Motors is recalling all 90,000 of the Model S sedans for a seat belt problem.

8 more years of leap-second problems loom; governments punt decision to 2023
Tick. Tick. Tick. Clang! That was the sound of an intergovernmental conference kicking the leap-second can down the road. Sysadmins will be dealing ...

A Pro-Woman Response To The Problem Of Self-Induced Abortions
Self-induced abortion is a problem worth addressing. It should not be used as a pawn by the abortion industry.