problem with getting textbox value

when i pressed button add, the following code would add a text box to datagrid

TextBox txtEdit = new TextBox();
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Add( txtEdit );

After that i pressed button delete, the following would remove the textbox from datagrid

TextBox txtEdit = ( TextBox ) dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].FindControl("txtEdit");
// lblTest.Text = txtEdit.Text
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Remove( txtEdit );

What i can not understand is that it removed the textbox sucessfully that means it could find the textbox but it can't not get the text that i typed in the textbox

duythai

TextBox txtEdit = new TextBox();
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Add( txtEdit );
txtEdit.ID="ControlName";

TextBox txtEdit = ( TextBox ) dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].FindControl("ControlName");
// lblTest.Text = txtEdit.Text
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Remove( ControlName);
0
iceface
12/22/2005 9:36:04 AM

u try!

TextBox txtEdit = new TextBox();
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Add( txtEdit );
txtEdit.ID="test";

TextBox txtEdit = ( TextBox ) dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].FindControl("test");
// lblTest.Text = txtEdit.Text
dgTest.Items[0].Cells[0].Controls.Remove( test);

0
iceface

problem with get value from textbox after get it value in load page
hi every one  i have problem with my web site when i get textbox value in load page   and Changed textbox the page do not take last value .   it take value in load page   this is code:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)   TextBox1.Text = "aa" End SubProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) MsgBox(TextBox1.Text) End Sub   when i press button message write "aa" while i changed the textbox   please if enyone knowen help me &nbs...

Problem getting an input value from a textbox in a GridView control
I placed a text box in one of my template columns in a gridview control:<Columns>                <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" />                <asp:TemplateField><ItemTemplate><asp:TextBox runat=server ID="TextBox" Width="30"></asp:TextBox></ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField> </Columns>Upon opening a page, my gridview is set up to be populate...

Problem getting input value from a textbox in a Gridview Control
I placed a text box in one of my template columns in a gridview control:<Columns>                <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" />                <asp:TemplateField><ItemTemplate><asp:TextBox runat=server ID="TextBox" Width="30"></asp:TextBox></ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField> </Columns>Upon opening a page, my gridview is set up to be populate...

Getting value from a textbox control that was filled with a value from javascript
 I have a textbox control (seen below txtMileageDollars1) that gets filled with javascript based on the number of miles a user types into another textbox (txtMileageMiles1) control.  When I post back with the submit button, the value is blank.  I've tried setting EnableViewState to false, but still cannot get a value on postback.  Does anyone have a solution?   Miles<asp:TextBox ID="txtMileageMiles1" runat="server" Width="50px"></asp:TextBox>   Total (txtMileageMiles1 * rate with javascript)<asp:TextBox...

How to get the Value from the Textbox ?Textbox is created by using add control function.
  Dim textWG As New HtmlInputText textWG.text="Wage Rate" textWG.ID = "txtWG" me.control.add(textWG) i write this code at form load.moreover this form have one save button to save the value from the "txtWG" to database this textbox will be appear when form finish load.but after click save button the value cant be save into database. tat textbox become empty when user click the save button. how can i get the value from that textbox ? Please advice me.Thank you You are using a HTML control and by default, HTML controls dont have a mechanism to pres...

Problem with getting the value from a textbox
Hi I have a shopingcart with a gridview containing the products in the shopingcart, a textbox for changing the quantity and a button for submitting the change. The textbox first holds the current number of a product, but the user should be able to change this. How do i get hold of the value in the textbox? Here's some code: The gridview (or relevant parts of it):   <ItemTemplate> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox3" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Antal") %>' Width="20px"></asp:TextBox> ...

problem in getting edited value of a textbox
hi, I have a textbox inside a usercontrol registration.ascx. <asp:TextBox ID="email" runat="server" Width="260px"></asp:TextBox> when the user wants to edit his account then this textbox is populated with the email address that the user is using currently. the problem is that when the user edits the textbox then I am unable to get the edited value. Say the old email id is demo@abc.com and the user changed it to demo123@abc.com then when i am doing String sEmail = email.Text i am getting demo@abc.com instead of  demo123@abc.com. here i...

Problem Getting User Control Value
Need some help with a test script.  I'm attempting to display the value of ucLabel (a user control label) on my parent page named userpage.aspx.  Userpage.aspx is able to find the control named ucLabel but I can't get the value to write to the label on my aspx page (upLabel).  Any suggestions?  The user control and user page code-behind is below. Code-behind for ascx User Control Named usercontrol: namespace AIGACO{ using System; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  public class usercontrol : UserControl {  prote...

Problem getting TextBox Value in DataList.
hai guyz, i'm having a problem getting value from TextBox in the DataList Control. My situation is, i got one "Add to Cart" button,when user press the button it will trigger the Code below (catalog.aspx.cs ).It found the textbox control but can't get the value that i entered.Any idea guyz?.catalog.aspx<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <asp:datalist id="DataList1" runat="server" GridLines="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="1" OnUpdateCommand="DataList1_Update"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:LinkButton CommandName="Update" Runat="server" ID="lnkAdd...

problem in getting edited value from a textbox
hi, when a user clicks on edit profile link i am showing the ´new registration form with the user's data filled in. The problem is that when the user edits his data and clicks on the save button i am not getting the new edited data. Instead of giving me the new data textbox.Text is giving the same old value that I am displaying. what I need to do to get the new value? <asp:TextBox ID="email" runat="server" Width="260px"></asp:TextBox> sEmail = email.Text;     tamanna06:when a user clicks on edit profile link i am showing the ...

problem getting textbox values dynamically
Ok I am trying to loop through a table (tbltest) get all of my textboxes. and assign there .text to a database. Here just to simplify I have been trying to just assign it to a label. here is the code. Dim c As Control For Each c In tbltest.Controls lbltest.Text = c.text Next Problem is it won't let me use .text. anyone know a way around this one. Or am I doing something else wrong? Something like this is probably what you are after: Dim c As Control For Each c In tbltest.Controls 'Is the type of c a TextBox ...

Setting and getting value problem from a IFrame control...
Hi everybody,   I having problem getting and setting values to and from a iframe control and javascript function that does these actions. Does anyone has ideas how to make this work? Is it possible to use ApplicationState, SessionState objects inside Javascript function? If not, how can these actions can be done?Error Message:A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$PostIdea_Function1$RichTextEditor1$hdnmsg="...peatedly. <STRONG>Forgot.</STR..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially ...

Radiobuttonlist control problem, cant get the value
HelloI have a page where i have a radiobuttonlist that gets its values from a access database. I looks ok, but when i try to set session values or the text in a label with it, nothing happens.I have tryed to set the contol to autopostback, and also tryed to set  "If Page.IsValid Then" before but nothing helps. Any tip? Im a newbie in programming as you maybe understand :-)My code from the .vb filePrivate Sub rblOmrade_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rblOmrade.SelectedIndexChanged Session("omrade_ID") = Me.rblOmrade.SelectedValu...

Web resources about - problem with getting textbox value - asp.net.presentation-controls

2016 Subaru Outback, Legacy recalled for driveshaft problem
Filed under: Recalls , Safety , Sedan , Wagon Subaru is recalling 2016 Outback and Legacy models because the driveshaft can potentially detach ...

Multi-state plans and selection problems
Kaiser Health News has a piece on the failure of multi-state plans to be successful in the exchanges. One of the big problems is pricing. They ...

Yet another problem with Comcast data caps: Customers have no idea why they’re exceeding their limits ...
Comcast sure knows how to bring out the love from its customer base. Cut Cable Today recently filed a FOIA request to the Federal Communications ...

The junk problem is bigger than oil
Some have written off the high-yield concerns as a mere effect of crude oil's slide. But that analysis appears to be badly off base.

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... will best take advantage of the year ahead. Whether you have or not, I invite you to take a few seconds right now to think about what problems ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...

Poll: Americans Have 99 Problems, And Terrorism Is No. 1
The number shot up from just 3 percent to 16 percent from November to December

Culture: The observer bias problem, and why you should care
... the same type of mistakes in drawing conclusions about what we observe with Islamic fundamentalism. As I wrote here , I believe that the problem ...