Presenting data from column to row

hi,

I am encountering one problem regarding data presenting in asp.net data grid. Actaully I want to show column data in one row as record for example as follow

column A
AAAA
BBBB
CCC
DDD
EEE

now instead of showing as column i want to show as single row in asp.net datagrid as follow

AAAA BBBB CCC DDD EEE

please help me

asad
regards,
Asad Mahmood
0
asad_dba

In a Datalist (not sure about datagrid) you can use the propertier RepeatColumns and RepeatDirection to do the aboe.

For example,
RepeatColumns=5 and RepeatDirection=horizontal
AAAAA BBBB CCC DDD EEE
but I think you need to use a constrant value for the repeat columns.

hope this helps,
fathrDave
0
fathrdave
9/23/2004 7:42:54 PM
check this...

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=700732
0
priya

Is there a control that offers the same data presentation as a GridView, but allows users to copy and paste many rows/columns at once?
 Hi Is there a control that offers the same data presentation as a GridView, but allows users to copy and paste many rows/columns at once onto the grid? What I mean is some grid that 's as flexible as MS Excel grid for example.  Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.E The Repeater control is a highly customisable data presentation controlRohin.NET developerNever trust a computer you can't throw out a window. - Steve WozniakPlease remember to click on 'Mark as answer', if this post helped you......

Is there any way to control the width of the Gridcolumn when the data is present and not present
I would like to know if there is any way you can control the gridview column width. Thanks in advance. Digish Hi,   try these link http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/17/10004157/setting-gridview-column-w.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178296(VS.80).aspxBabaIf this post was useful to you, please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer". Thanks You.:-)...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net?
How does Visual Studio create ado.net equivalents of the datagrid's and gridview's columns and rows?  I am assuming they make a DataRow for each of the rows.  Am I on the right track with this?Is the table created by gridview basically a dataset from ADO.net?  Can anyone offer any guidance with this?Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts. Hi newbie2C#, The row in datagrid is called DataGridItem and in gridview is called GridViewRow. They are all inherits TableRow Class. DataRow is only one kind of row in GridView control. There are many other t...

Data presentation without a data control
The Gridview and Formview controls provide good functionality in some circumstances but are clumsey in others. As a newbie to .NET I was wondering if its appropriate to do databinding with textboxes and other data controls outside of one of the new data controls (formview, gridview, etc). Or is it a new standard to always use one of the new data controls. If the answer is yes, would you still use an SQLDatasource, or would you set up the connection in code? And, how would you deal with the syntax? In the Formview we have: <asp:TextBox ID="fnameTextBox" runat="server" ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Data Presentation Controls and complex data+logic
I'd like to know how people solve problem of binding complex data to data presentation controls. As we all know, real life is not as simple as webcasts etc. assume.Lets say we have something like this.List<Person> liPerson = PersonFactory.GetAllPersons();List<Company> liCompany = CompanyFactory.GetAllCompany();And I want a table something like this:Microsoft      Bill      JohnIBM      Ted      CharlesNokia      Matti Is there a generic solution to...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Which Data Presentation Control?
hi in my project i have a  directors page which includes their picture information and filmography. I want to show filmography in different data presentation control than the other data. And i want to show it with this stored procedure: select Film from Films inner join Film_Director on Films.id=Film_Director .fid where yid=@id but i have InCollection field in Films table and in my data presentation control i want to change the color of Film's Text by InCollection. If InCollection=true for that movie that row's text should be green if false should be red for example.  S...

Data Presentation controls
Hi Is there someone how use data presentation controls? I found it for free on http://www.tufat.com Thanks There are data presentation controls built into ASP.Net 2.0 (GridView, Detailsview, etc) Of which controls are you speaking?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies)...

Run an event whose control is located in Data Presentation Controls
Hey, How can we fire an event which belongs to such as a button which is located in Data Presentation Controls such as a gridview.For example : Assume that my page contains a gridview control which is contains a button and the button name comes from database by gridview control but i wanna fire button control's own event independently of the GridView. Thanks and Regards.I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Hi:   You can use CommandArgument to distinguish different buttons in the same column: <asp:Button ID="Button2&...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

Web resources about - Presenting data from column to row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica is an album by the girl group The Ronettes , produced by Phil Spector , Philles 4006 (mono), ...

BeamAir - mobile presenting on the App Store on iTunes
Get BeamAir - mobile presenting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Bill Gates presenting the first prize award to California Institute of Technology at the Reinvent the ...
Bill Gates presenting the first prize award to California Institute of Technology at the Reinvent the Toilet Challenge at the Reinvent the Toilet ...

Presenting GOAL!: Köbberling & Kaltwasser - YouTube
In July 2011 Berlin Artist duo Köbberling & Kaltwasser built GOAL!, a finishing post on the Greenway by the View Tube for cyclists and pedestrians ...

Retiring MP Charlie Lynn: Liberal Party presenting a 'sliced white bread ticket'
Charlie Lynn said he is prepared to vote against his own party in the upper house in protest at the lack of female candidates.

MP, councillor presenting petition locked out of Executive Building
A Queensland MP, Brisbane City councillor and a community representative have been dramatically locked out of Queensland's Executive Building ...

Dim-witted TV dads not presenting a true picture
PARENTS have criticised the "casual contempt" shown for fathers on TV programs and in advertising, which invariably depict them as hapless and ...

Presenting the Labor leopard: spot the difference
Does this look like a bunch of happy campers capable of running the nation? Hardly.

James Holmes trial: Defence rests after presenting insanity case
The defence in the Colorado cinema shooting trial has rested after trying to show gunman James Holmes was legally insane at the time of the 2012 ...

Why you suck at Presenting. And how to stop it!
By Peter Mosley Have a gander at this before you read this post … Welcome back! I have stood by that theory of presenting for decades. Why? Because ...