Oracle connection doesn't work after publishing

Hello,

 This is my first time working with Oracle on top of .NET and I ran into this strange problem. I am able to display data in GridView when I develop and test the aspx page in VS, however after I am done and published the website to a new folder on the very same machine, I get an exception when I try to display data. The exception I get is this:

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.

I have sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora setup. I don't know if that mattered, but it didn't help.

What's going on here?

thanks

Debugger is my best friend. (http://haoest.info)
0
haoest

I found the answer through google. I had to set permission on the folder where oracle was installed so that ASPNET can read it.

Thanks anyawy.

Debugger is my best friend. (http://haoest.info)
0
haoest

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

'Tab' control 's visible doesn't work.Why?
I use tab control in my applition. And I set visible=false, but it doesn't work. my code is: ----------------------------------------------- <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />  <div>   <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tabs" Height="138px" ActiveTabIndex="0"    Width="402px">    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Tab1" Visible="f...

when the website is published ,its login control doesn't work !
Hello I used login tools for my website security that it was programmed by asp.net 2.0. When I run it I can login by a user that was created and every thing is ok, but when I published it I couldn't login although the connection string is a same!! What's the problem? Please help me. Thanks in advance. Hi, Where are you publishing you site: on the same server or on some remote server? In case you are publishing on a remote server make sure that connection string points to the DB on the remote server. HTH, VivekSocial Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community ...

oracle connection setup was easy.....but doesn't work
reading these posts i thought it was going to be hard to set up my connection to oracle......all these nifty tools in vs.net... i set up an oracleconnection - simpleset up an oracledataadpater - simpletested the adapter by doing a "datapreview" and voila! - there was all my data.slapped on a datagrid and set it's source to the dataadapter, did a bind on page load and tried to run it......this is what i get: Compiler Error Message: BC30652: Reference required to assembly 'System.Data.OracleClient' containing the type 'System.Data.OracleClient.OracleDataAdapter'. Add one to your project. s...

keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work..................
Name: donald davis Email: galenachefatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work.................. Comments: That's pretty much the whole deal. An update screen pops up, I update, the update doesn't take and the next time I use firefox mozilla the same thing happens over and over and over. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

DBI->connect Oracle on Windows, doesn't Work
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6DE53.838CF906 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=20 =20 I have this script under, it doesn't work. I have installed the module DBD-Oracle on my Windows platform, I have a = Oracle client who's working in SQLplus mode. =20 Please help me, to configure my platform or my perl module to work with = Oracle with a Windows Platform. =20 ######### SCRIPT PERL ######### =20 #!/usr/bin/perl =20 use strict; use warnings; =20 BEGIN { print joi...

Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1
From MSDN: "This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)." http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp Works just fine for me. And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003...... I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm. VladTheImpaler, MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003). If that was...

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

Repeater Containing Custom Control Doesn't Work With Page ViewState On Unless I Don't ReBind...
I have create a custom composite drop down list control that does not save view state for all properties.  There is a requirement that this contol work in a Repeater.  I have tested the contol in a repeater in various ways.  This is my first post ever, so I apologive if I have provided too little, too much or the wron info. Note: The Repeater was always created in the aspx file.  1) Page.EnableViewState = true , and my control added to the repeater programmatically via the ItemDataBound event. 2) Page.EnableViewState = false, and my control added to the repea...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

Custom Datagrid: Doesn't display and doesn't work
Hi all,Hope someone can share their experience! I am trying to make a custom datagrid, only in appearance for now. Results:1. On dragging the control from the VS toolbox: get a grey rectangle, not the table like look. 2. On running the Web page: no HTML.<code>Imports System.ComponentModelImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI<DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:custDG runat=server></{0}:custDG>")> Public Class custDG    Inherits DataGrid    Public Sub New()        Me.BorderColor = ...

Web resources about - Oracle connection doesn't work after publishing - asp.net.presentation-controls