One Page Gridview select --> New Page Data manipulation

Hey Im sorry to start a new post about this topic, but Im a bit puzzled as to how to search for this.

I have a GridView with a list of Jobs that have been generated when a User is selected, this process is done on the same page and I simply used a "SelectedValue" and Control method of the DataSource to select the info.

What I dont know, is how to do the same thing over two pages.

 Basically what I want to do is select a hyperlink in the gridview on one page and be directed to the other page with a DataView of that information.

 I would guess it would involve passing the JobId from one page to another?

0
slates

store your joib into session and retieve on the other page...

first page:

session("jobid") = "yourjobid"

second page:

if(not session("jobid") is nothing) then

dim jobid as string = session("jobid").tostring

end if

Sri
Please mark as answer if it helped you
0
jsriharsha

inserting record present in one gridview in one page into gridview in other page
hi,i have two .aspx pages.one page(watch.aspx) have gridview with fields  given below.the fourth column is a hyperlink column                                                        watch.aspx                      ...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

How to post data from gridview on one page to detailview on another page when select is used
I need to get data from gridview on one page to detailview on other page when I use select statement.I am able to do this on same page by using following code but not able to do this on different pageprotected void GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        DetailsView1.PageIndex = GridView1.SelectedIndex;    } Is it possible that when I use select in gridview on a particular page then only that row data appear on detail view of another page. please let me know asap. Find the Best Webhosts ...

HOW TO FIND OUT WHICH DROPDOWN CONTROL WAS SELECTED LAST OUT OF SEVERAL ON THE PAGE AND THEN USE THAT CONTROL FOR PAGING IN THE DATA GRID
I have the following on my page: 1.DataGrid2. 3 Dropdown controls: 1 for filtering by date, 1 for filtering by category, and 1 for filtering alphabetically. The data grid shows the information when one of the items in one of the dropdown boxes selected. Here is the problem: I have included a code to find out which dropdown was selected based on it's id, or name in the paging event handler. However, since I have included code to handle paging for all 3 dropdowns it doesnt work correctly. when I included code for 2 drop downs it worked properly. What I meant&...

get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page.
 Hi here iam having Gridview in one page .it is binded to some data.I used querystring to transfer data from Gridview to Textboxes in next page.now my question is i want to edit the textboxes and make changes reflect in database.i edited the textboxes by just deleting the value in Textbox and entering new value.but The changes i made to textboxes are not reflected at runtime.When i debug the codeThe values in TextBox are previous values. The changed values are not reflected.because of that iam not able to update the database.Is there property for textbox to take place the changes i made...

GridView Select Opens data in new page
I have a GridView displaying rows of data with the option to select one row for display/editing within a FormView object.  Instead of having the data appear below my list in the formview I'd like to display a new page with the data from the selected GridView row so that it can be edited or deleted.  How would I get this the select to open the new page and display my formview?    See this tutorial: http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/tutorial09vb.aspx?tabid=63Limno...

Gridview Paging selected page you are on?
Is there any way to or an attribute that you can set so that the selected page of grdiview is a different color or is underlined or maybe display the current page?  Perhaps its the skin or style I'm using, but I can't tell what page is selected. you can tell which page you are on with the attribute:   GridView1.PageIndex;In the RowCreated event you can assign an attribute to the row if you want (or cssclass) Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Passing data from selected gridview item on child page to parent page
Hello Sir,  I have some problem on passing data (selected gridview) on child page to parent page. I have look on this toturial on the Internet but it doesn't works well. The problem is gridview on the parent page is refresh with increased its row but the data is not pass. Only row is increased. I have followed on this toturial. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/passingvalueschild2parent.aspx  And here is my sample source code that I have modified from the tutorial above. PARENT PAGE  PAGE LOAD         if (Session["SelectedIte...

Displaying a gridview in a content page based on the selection made in the master page menu control
 Please help me out with this !!  I have a dynamic menu control in my master page .I want to display a gridview on the content page based on my selection made in the menu control which is on the master page   There are several ways that you can accomplish this. Which part of displaying the data on gridview do you need help with?You can use a datasource such as sqldatasource or accessdatasource, etc. to bind it and tie it based on the ID value of the drop down list.Or you can do everything on the code-behind and set the gridview to a datasource, then databind. See example he...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

when new page selected, want to capture that new page and store in cookie
how can I get that new page value when the rowcommand is pressed?  that is, what page was pressed? Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET  Hi Peter,Since the RowCommand will be called before DataBound event, GridView.PageIndex in RowCommand will hold the old PageIndex , But you can get the new page index via the submitted event argument like this: protected void GridView1_RowCommand(object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { string PageIndexArgument = Request.Form["__EVENTARGUMENT"]; if(!string.I...

TabStrip control: Checking for unsaved data on a page when a user selects a new tab.
Greetings all, I am using the TabStrip and MultiPage controls on my website and i have a query. given below is the code snippet for the creation of both these controls. <iewc:tabstrip id="TabStrip1" runat="server" Height="23px" Width="100%" TabDefaultStyle="background-color:#3871a4;font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold;font-size:10pt;color:#ffffff;width:79;height:22;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;" TabHoverStyle="background-color:#3871a4;color:#000000;" TabSelectedStyle="background-color:#4791c5;color:...

Web resources about - One Page Gridview select --> New Page Data manipulation - asp.net.presentation-controls

Object manipulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Object manipulation is a form of dexterity play or performance in which one or more artists physically interact with one or more objects. These ...

Facebook uses random sampling to determine app ratings and avoid manipulation
... users are randomly prompted to provide star ratings through modules around the site. This unique approach discourages user or developer manipulation. ...

Gravity - Light Particles Manipulation App
Get Gravity - Light Particles Manipulation App on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Amputation et Manipulation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore mediafury's photos on Flickr. mediafury has uploaded 4076 photos to Flickr.

Dexterous manipulation with underactuated fingers: Flip-and-pinch task - YouTube
Video from ICRA 2012 of the Yale SDM hand performing an anthropomorphic flip-and-pinch task on thin objects Lael U. Odhner, Raymond R. Ma, and ...

Hoax another red flag on market manipulation
Environmental activist Jonathan Moylan caused a stir on the nation's financial markets.

US midterm results result reveal dark arts of voter manipulation
Separating the electorate into useful constituencies is not new in American politics. But in low turnout elections, the effect is pronounced. ...

Violinist Vanessa Mae gets four-year ban over Sochi qualifying manipulation
Pop violinist Vanessa Mae has been banned by the International Ski Federation (FIS) for four years over the manipulation of giant slalom races ...

Basketball Australia to fight FIBA on manipulation claims
Basketball Australia will make a strong and detailed case after FIBA accuses the Boomers of deliberately losing to Angola at the world cup.

'Da Vinci of mental manipulation' faces French court
'Da Vinci of mental manipulation' faces French court