new row below selected row in gridview to display child gridview

Hello,

I have a gridview that up selected..shows the nested child grivdview. The problem I currently have is that it stuffs all the data into a column whcih blows the whole tbale out of whack. What I need to do is create a new row below the sleected row to house the new child grivdview. I have seen third party controls do this such as teleriks radgrid but I wont to do this with the gridview control.

 Any articles on how to do this? Does AJAX support this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0
chopps_srv

Selecting a gridview row and keeping the last selected row in a gridview highlighted after mouse moves over a new row.
What is the best way to show a gridview row highlighted once selected and keep it highlighted once the mouse moves over a different row? Thanks, Steve hi,you can use <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#008A8C" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#FFFFFF" /> plz let me know if i misunderstood you Thanks for your help. One problem; however, is that after the row has been selected and I check the "grid.SelectedIndex" it has a value of -1 and not the index of the row that was selected on the grid. What do you recommend? Thanks, Steve hi, sorry i din...

Selecting the multiple rows in GridView and inserting the selected rows to another Gridview & Performing some operations on it
 Dear All, I have become mad for solving this problem. Please Help me. I have a Gridview bound to a datasource. I inserted the CheckBox Control in Templet to select certain rows. Gridview1 contains some products id & name.I want to insert the selected rows in to second Gridview  and in the second Gridview I need to add two more colums AdvicedQty & AcceptedQty(TextBox Cotrol).The user will select few products in Gridview1 & clicks add which will be added another gridview then in second Gridview he enters the AdviceQty & AcceptedQty.After entering the data he cli...

Nested Gridview display below selected row of GridView?
I have a Master/Details relationship set up and it works fine with the Gridviews not nested, but I would like to be able display the details gridview below the selected row and allow the user to expand/collapse the nested gridview.  Does anybody have any source code or thoughts for something similar?  I'm really stumped.  Thanks!  Try the link below that show an example of what you want: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx DarmarkMark as Answer, if this reply answers your post....

How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g
Hi,when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.With kind requestThanks your query is very raw..can u details it out...Pl...

Using a row selection in a gridview to create database rows for another gridview
Hi there, I have 2 gridviews on a form, the first displays some template rows from a database table.  The second displays some user specific rows (with additional data added to the template info) from the same table. They both work fine for displaying the info.  Now what I want to do, is allow users to 'select' a template row on the first gridview, and have that action automatically: create a new user-specific row, with added fields from profile data etc. insert it into the table then refresh the second gridview in order to show the new added row. C...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

Data Controls insert rows into gridview then insert rows from gridview into SQL Table
Hello there, I'm still new at performing miracles with code . Currently I am having trouble with my latest coding adventure I have a web application which records jobs and labour assigned to jobs. The issue in particular I'm having is the way in which labour is to be assigned. I want to use standard controls (Textbox, Dropdownlist) to record the values into a gridview (ie,put multiple rows into the gridview using the controls). Then, when all the inserting is complete, the user clicks a submit button to insert all the rows from the gridview into a database table. The reason for...

pass selected gridview row to another gridview on new page
hi people.. well i am stuck with the gridview problem.. i have a gridview on a page and when the user selects a gridview row then the user is redirected to a new page. then another gridview on this new page should show the selected gridview row from previous page... is it possible... please help me with this...  There's Always Something to learn in everything. HiI have did little in the Data moving from one GridView to another.Just take a look and modified as you want. <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MoveRecord.aspx.cs&...

Gridview row 0 selected, but data for row+1 is displayed... ??
Hello. Here's a rather interesting dilemma--hopefully easy to solve? Though I'm stumped for the moment, so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a gridview with master records listed. The records are acquired using L2S and a sproc that applies Row_Number() to the results for custom paging. The resultset looks fine. It binds to the gridview as expected (displaying data for rows 1 through 5). Each master record has a "select" column to allow the user to select which master record to display in the detail record view. When select is clicked, the child records are&...

does anyone know how to do that, when I click the last row of the gridview, the gridview will automatically add an empty new row for me.
does anyone know how to do that, when I click the last row of the gridview, the gridview will automatically add an empty new row for me.   thanks hi there,the only I could think of for now is is enbale footer rowthen hide it onpageload so when last row click set footer.visible to true  ...

Problem in Using DropDownList Control to select a selected row of SqlDataSource that is under GridView Control
Hi all,In my SQL Server Management Studio Express, I have a database "ChemDatabase" that has a table "LabData"  formatted in the following way: SampleID int PRIMARY KEY, SampleName nvarchar(25), ChemicalName, nvarchar(25), Concentration decimal(6.2) with 5 rows of records in this .dbo table. In my Visual Web Developer Express, I created a website "RPD-TCE" for extracting a row of record from the LabData table by using a DropDownList, a GridView and a SqlDataSource.  I want to click DropDownList to list one number of S...

Nested GridViews
Hello everyone, I've been searching for a solution on this for hours with no luck. Maybe i'm just making it harder than what it needs to be, but i'm at my wits end here.  I have two nested gridviews - one for showing "clients", and another for showing projects assiciated with said client. A client may not have any projects assigned though, so how do I just not show the client's name in the list if there are no projects associated with it? I'm binding both gridviews to a DataView, and i'm calling the function to bing the client gridview in ...

Help need in gridview to display one row initily and add the new row at runn time
Hi,    Am creating the Gridview in that i put to HTMLSelect control and i populate item value from the database in ItemTemplate. Now i want to display only one row initily with the two HTMLSelect Control and if user want new row the can add by click the addnew row button. How to go with this...? I dont know how to Display only one row initily and add the new row at the end of the item template at the run time can any one help me.   Thanks Hi Spider.net, The GridView rows collection's Count property is equals to the row number in it's datasource. If...

Web resources about - new row below selected row in gridview to display child gridview - asp.net.presentation-controls

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Sait Faik Abasıyanık’s Selected Stories are tales that beguile all for their brevity
The influential Turkish writer's collection of short stories is often bizzare but never boring.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Refugee spinner selected for PM's XI
Fawad Ahmed has gone from asylum seeker to rubbing shoulders with Julia Gillard at The Lodge.