Me again, sqldatasource/control paramters and using code as a default value

Hi , i'm trying to do somethign like this-

<asp:Parameter Type="String" DefaultValue="Request.UserHostAddress.Tostring()" Name="IP" />

But alas, the
"Request.UserHostAddress.Tostring()" is being treated as a string before its being executed (if that makes sense)....
But if i remove the "   "  's   i get a compiler error, any ideas? i've tried stuff like adding '   in places, but its not helping.... if also tried withouth te type anmd loads of other goodies, but still not working.

Any help is appreaciated, its probably something reeally simple...
0
insane

The DataSource Parameters don't support code expressisons. You'll have to set the DefaultValue manually in Page_Load or elsewhere.

-Brock

DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen
0
BrockAllen
5/1/2005 7:54:01 PM
Thanks,
that deffinatly will save me alot of time and effort.

0
insane

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerate...

code for Custom paging without using sqldatasource control and sql datasource control for gridview...........
 code for Custom paging without using sqldatasource control and sql datasource control for gridview...........i need code for how to show all pagenumbers in gridview with custom paging in gridview..............It is very urgent................................. T.Ashok Kumar  suppose that we have a table like thisCountryId  identity intCountryTitle    nvarchar(50)you can use this sql command for paging the dataUSE [CyberOffice]GO/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[CountryGetListPaged]    Script Date: 09/17/2008 14:01:06 ******/SET A...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

VB.NET Codebehind Code to Update SQL Server 2005 Using SQLDataSource Control?
Hi, I am a newbie in using ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.NET.  I wrote a hangman game and want to record statistics at the end of each game.  I will create and update records in the database for each authenticated user as well as a record for the Anonymous, unauthenticated user.  After a win or loss has occurred, I want to programmatically use the SQLDataSource control to increment the statistics counters for the appropriate record in the database (note I don't want to show anything or get user input for this function). I need a VB.NET codebehind example that will show me how I sho...

Control.Value and Control.SelectedItem.Value
Can someone explain to me the difference between say, Dropdownlist.SelectedItem.Value and Dropdownlist.SelectedValue?? Just curious, Thanks!Tim These are going to return the same thing. dropdownlist.selectedvalue is a shortcut to get the currently selected value in the dropdown. If that is all you want then you can just use that. If you want to access the currently selected item you can use dropdownlist.selecteditem and that return the item and you can then access any of the item's properties, including in this case the value property. If this post answered your question please r...

Use property value in custom control child control
Hello, I am creating a custom control and I have the following property:   <Bindable(True), Category("Appearance"), DefaultValue(""), Localizable(True)> Property Text() As String     Get       Dim s As String = CStr(ViewState("Text"))       If s Is Nothing Then         Return String.Empty       Else         Return s       End If     End Get     Set(ByVal Value As String)       ViewState("Tex...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Setting width for .net controls in code(.aspx) page using function call in code behind..
Hi,  Currently I am trying to set the width of the asp.net Table as follows. <asp:Table width="<%=GetWidth()%>" >   and code behind protected Unit GetWidth() { return Unit.Percentage(50); }     It's not working. I know that it works if I set the width complete on some page event(like page_load) of code behind....   Is there a way to maintain the same syntax like calling code behind function in design page...i.e. calling function of .aspx.cs in .aspx page and assign the width as shown above.   Thanks and regards, Giridhar...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

What kind of benefits are there to use ObjectDataSource control instead of SqlDataSource control?
I have learned some Starter Kits such as Personal WebSite Starter Kit, Classifieds Site..., I find these programs always use ObjectDataSource control as the datasource of DataList, GridView and write down many additional codes. I think that it will be simple if use SqlDataSource control.I can write some Stored Procedures with parameters in SQL 2005 database and select StoredProcedure from SelectCommandType in SqlDataSource control, so I think I can do the same work either ObjectDataSource control or SqlDataSource control if I only handle SQL 2005 database. I know ObjectDataSource can handle...

Bind control using another control item value as source?
Is it possible to indicate a control to bind some property from another control (say a datalist)? Basically, I need to display some text on several places of the page, this value is obtained using an ObjectDataSource and binded into a FormView, but I need other controls to have the same value, these controls need to be outside the FormView. Is there any way I can do it directly in the source (.aspx) code? or I must set these controls via code after the FormView binding's done? Thanks -Edgardo...

Web resources about - Me again, sqldatasource/control paramters and using code as a default value - asp.net.presentation-controls

Top Ranked Articles

Using The LINQDataSource
-*+There is a new datasource control available in Visual Studio that works in much the same way as the SQLDataSource and the ObjectDataSource. ...

Gabriel Mongeon
Archive - Gabriel Mongeon

moredotnet
M ore d otnet .NET Interview Questions, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, XML, SQL Check Out http://www.dotnetUncle.com √ .NET NOTES OOPS in .NET .NET ...

Architectural Overview of the Windows Presentation Foundation Beta 1 Release
Introduction Windows Presentation Foundation Beta 1 Windows Integration New Features WinFX SDK Exploring the New Features Introducing "Express" ...

About Mikesdotnetting
I started this site as somewhere to store answers to bits and pieces that I see asked frequently in the forums at www.asp.net . Rather than type ...

Using MiniProfiler with SqlDataSource ASP.NET WebForms Control
public class ProfiledSqlDataSource : SqlDataSource{ protected override DbProviderFactory GetDbProviderFactory() { // get the "base" DbProviderFactory ...

ASP.NET Pivot Table - RadPivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX
... reports. RadPivotGrid allows easy customization of all data reports. Try now! Use any declarative data source control (AccessDataSource, SqlDataSource, ...

Sign on
Sign On • Join • Forums Home User Name * Password * Remember me next time ( I forgot my password ) SUBMIT YOUR WTF Content Random Article All ...

ComboBox Sample
ComboBox is an ASP.NET AJAX control that, like the AutoCompleteExtender , combines the flexibility of a TextBox with a list of options that users ...