Making a cell editable on clicking the cell

Hi,

I am trying to make a cell editable as soon as the user clicks on that particular cell in the .net data grid. Usually, the way we do is, we click the edit button and the cells become editable and two buttons(Update and Cancel) appear. Instead I would like to make this possible without even clicking on the Edit button. There will be only one button (Save) to save the changes done on the grid. Is there any way to do it ? I hope I am clear.
Thanks in advance.
Prasad P
0
peesapati

Take a look at the following article, which shows how you can hightlight the row by clicking anywhere in the row. You can use this code and change it so it can be used for editing.
Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum
0
sonukapoor
2/3/2005 2:30:39 PM
Hi Sonu Kapoor,

Which article are you talking about. I could not get any article (neither in this post nor in your blog).
0
peesapati
2/7/2005 12:48:54 PM
hey,

I somehow forgot to insert the link: http://www.dotnetbips.com/displayarticle.aspx?id=205

Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum
0
sonukapoor

Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control
Sir,In asp.net 2.0 application, I want to edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control. By EditItemTemplate it is possible to edit the cell text but for that we need to click on Edit button and after edit we need to click on Update button. But this way is not accepted. Is it possible in datagrid (possibly without activex control) to click in cell and edit the value and click out of the cell to update just like windows application grid?I did not find any article on web related to this.Please help me.Thanks in advance.    &nbs...

How to make Tree/Table Cell Editable by Tabbing into Cell?
Hi, I need to make Tree/Table Cell Editable by Tabbing into the Cell, rather than the lengthy double-click. Googling did not provide any helpful results, is there a way to do it for example in Javascript, or better, with a xul attribute? Thanks Milan ...

Infragistics WebGrid-cell Edit and Image Click of the cell
This post was edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums. Hello, We are devloping web application with Asp.Net, C#, and Infragistics NetAdvantage Vol 2 suite for webgrid. If anybody have workd with Infragistics webgrid, Please help me out here!! Coming to my problem, I want the cell of grid to enter or edit with one image at the right hand corner of the cell. so When i click on the cell, it should allow me to edit or enter the data. And when i click on the image of the cell, it should call a another page which will cotain the data in table. But wh...

Move a control from cell to cell
I have a custom control, but for this question let's keep it simple and use a "button".  Without deleting the old button and creating a new button, I would like to "move" it's location from a cell in one table, to a cell in a completely different table. Any ideas? Doing "getElementById" to find the id of the control, and then "appendChild" to the cell gives me an "invalid pointer" error.  So obviously it doesnt want the same control pointed to twice on the page.   You can try the following. This might no...

Could anybody help me about How to Get the Cell value from Gridview Control while I use Mouse Click on one Cell?
Hi Sir,    Here goes my question,I'v drag a Gridview control and binded data to it ,I'm thinking ,Can I get the value from the Cell which I used the mouse  to click on it ? Thanks for your kindly help.Here.I.Am Edit Columns in the Smart Tagthen on the column use want to use click the "Convert to a Templated Field"Now Click OKGo back to smart tag, and Edit Templated field, On the Field you want to change, Item Template, you delete the Label Field and add a HyperLinkWhen you add the hyperlink, a smart tag will appear asking you to "Edit DataBindings", click it.Now ch...

Is there really an easy way to click and edit a cell value at run time (without having to click on Edit and Update links) in GridView?
 Link for an answer is broken. Anyway I want know just that. RegardsLeif  I'm talking with absolutely no knowledge, but why not to trigger "onblur" event in the client textbox and forward it to whatever the edit-and-update links go?...

Editing TValueListEditor cells while other cells are being updated.
I am using RAD Studio 2007. I have an application where I have a custom component derived from a TValueListEditor. In this application, values in the value column are being programmatically updated all the time, at roughly 10 updates per second. At the same time, the user is able to edit values that aren't being modified this way. The problem is, when you are editing a cell and another cell's value is changed, it resets the text selection and highlights the entire contents of the value cell. This makes it impossible to type in the value cell. Here is a project that shows what I ...

Editing Underlying boolean data without making cells Editable
I'm having a real hard time coming up with a solution to this problem.  I created a custom gridview control from Dino Esposito's "Extending Gridview" article which autogenerates a checkbox column that allows for multiple record selection.  Once a user checks a box, the entire row gets selected.  I added a dropdown list on the top of the page that has only two options, "Yes" or "No".  What I'm trying to do is update a boolean column called "contract" (I'm using the Pubs sample database) for all selected rows (via chec...

What is the difference between e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0] and e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[1] ?
I usually work with Datagrid but I do not understand the difference between ...Controls[0] & Controls[1] in DataGrid. Please give some suggestion ! Thanks a lot ! briefly a DataGrid is rendered as an HTML Table containing TR ( item ) and TD ( cells ) elements at runtime e.Item.Cells refer to the TableCellCollection in the current row this cells collection, like any collection in .NET, is zero-based, meaning the first cell in the Cells collection is Cells [ 0 ], and the next is Cells [ 1 ], etc. e.Item.Cells [ x ].Controls refer to the control collection within the cell. Thi...

Change cell color in a cell when hyperlink is clicked
I have a table across the bottom of my form, when a user clicks a hyperlink in one of the cells, I want the bgcolor of the cell to change. You can use the onClick event of the cell to change its bgcolor property. For example:<td bgcolor="black" onclick"bgcolor='white';">This is a test!</td>This uses event propogation to capture the click event which is passed down from the link. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I used your example and it it doesn't want to cooperate. The bgcolor automatically deafults to the oncli...

how to update call of grid view by double clicking it ,i want update cell value to database by double clicking it,i want only that cell to be update
I am displaying the grid view with some minibars data now i want to update the status of each minibar(LOCK/UNLOCK) to database by clicking on cell(contains image) of grid How can i do that?SuyogI am just using my free time,but if it helps you then my mark my post as answer Minibars?  Like how many of the little vodkas are left in room 216?  :) Make your image an ImageButton instead and you can write a handler for your OnClick.  You can get the row reference of the cell through reflection.  I love to display the non-secure items...Charlie Asbor...

setting the edit control's size relative to non-edit cell size
I have a DataGrid with dynamically added custom edit controls. Some of the strings that go into the custom control (the control might be a TreeView, or a ListBox) are long, and this does funky things to the cell size in edit mode. **I basically want the added control (e.g., a listbox) to be the width of the host cell, and 4X the height....all the time** (in the grid's ItemDataBound callback for edit) //create a new listbox, clear the edit cell's controls, and add the listbox listbox.Height = new Unit("100%") ; //this makes the listbox’s height just the hos...

Making a cell editable in a gridview
Can someone point me in the right direction. I am trying to make one cell per row in my gridview control editable. Here is what I have so far but it does not work.<asp:GridView ID="gvModules" runat="server" > </asp:GridView> Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load getModules("Service") End Sub Private Sub getModules(ByVal moduleName As String) Dim moduleAdapter As New ModulesTableAdapter() gvModules.DataSource = moduleAdapter.GetData(moduleName) g...

how to make editable cell in html.
Hi, I am trying my best to find out how can I make a cell in html which will be editable. This cell will consist of value which is coming from database. Simple html is creating this for me. I should be able to edit this value so that I can save it in the database. Is there any way I can click on that cell and it becomes editable. I would great;y appreciate if any body would know and let me know about this. Thanks, P Please explain what cell do you have in mind? HTML table cell? Whats wrong wis simple <input type="text> ?Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

Web resources about - Making a cell editable on clicking the cell - asp.net.presentation-controls

TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable text from any printed material on ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable ...

Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists and more
... about iPhone , Apps , and iOS continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists ...

[Deal Alert] Equil Smartpen 2, Which Converts Your Handwritten Notes Into Editable Digital Copies, Currently ...
If you're in the market for a way to handwrite notes and convert them into a digital format that you can edit, head over to StackSocial right ...

QuickAdvice: TextGrabber Allows You To Capture Text As Editable Text
There are those times when you come across some text in a printed document that you need to make note of. TextGrabber lets you take a picture ...

Price Drop: Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable ...
Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable documents 1.1 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Business ...

How to convert scanned images into editable Word files
... could be tedious and time consuming if the document were long. Therefore, we need a software of some kind that can convert images into editable ...

SALE: Turn your handwritten notes into editable digital copies with the Equil Smartpen
There are times when it’s satisfying to write notes or doodle with a good old pen and paper. The downside is that once you’ve written that note ...

PDF2Office Professional Makes PDF Files Into Editable Office Docs
... This is exactly the situation PDF2Office is for— Edit PDF Files with PDF2Office Professional v6: Convert PDF & Windows XPS files into Editable ...

The Editable 'Print A Cheat-Sheet On An Aquafina Bottle Label And Ace Your Test' Website
... the hell out of some tests, but you know what? I did it in a blaze of glory and HONOR. Just in time for exams comes the White Weasel editable ...

Tablet Cheat Sheet 2.0: Now an editable spreadsheet
... thread and jumped in to help by putting the key info into a web-based spreadsheet. I’ve added more data and also made it publicly editable ...