is there any way to get into datagrid edit mode by click any cells?

Hi everyone,

I want to get into datagrid edit mode by click a cell of datagrid, not by edit command, if is it possible?
thanks
0
gdong

I've never done it but I don't see why not.  If you can capture the event of onClick any cell or wheverever you wish, then simply change that selected row to edit row in event handler and rebind the grid, just as you would in the edit_command.

Or were you asking how to capture the event that someone clicks on datagrid cell? I'm not sure about that but I have seen posts/articles etc. and I know there is a way. Maybe something to do with ItemCommands and AutoPostBacks?
0
nickicl

Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control
Sir,In asp.net 2.0 application, I want to edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control. By EditItemTemplate it is possible to edit the cell text but for that we need to click on Edit button and after edit we need to click on Update button. But this way is not accepted. Is it possible in datagrid (possibly without activex control) to click in cell and edit the value and click out of the cell to update just like windows application grid?I did not find any article on web related to this.Please help me.Thanks in advance.    &nbs...

Correct way to get value from edited datagrid cell
I keep getting the message "System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid."  when I try to retrieve the values from an edited datagrid for updating.String colvalue =((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0]).Text;This should work right? Almost sure it should be like this....(TextBox)(e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0]).Text);Don't have my projects open right now and heading out.....Zath...

Is there really an easy way to click and edit a cell value at run time (without having to click on Edit and Update links) in GridView?
 Link for an answer is broken. Anyway I want know just that. RegardsLeif  I'm talking with absolutely no knowledge, but why not to trigger "onblur" event in the client textbox and forward it to whatever the edit-and-update links go?...

Cant get new/edited values from cells when editing a datagrid ...
I'm having some trouble with editing the data in a datagrid.   When i go into edit mode and change to values, they revert to the original ones as soon as the update command is run.  My update command runs a stored proc on a sql server database and i have checked that it is working by giving it fixed strings as the parameters.  It works fine and updates the values as required.   The problem is, when i try to feed in the cell values to the stored proc, it just saves the original values that were in the cells and not the values that i updated.   Why ...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

Getting data from controls in Edit mode, I'm confused about control access
I have datagrid with a few BoundColumns, and one TemplateColumn.In edit mode, while trying to save the new record (clicking on "Save")I want to get the new values, I figure out that for BoundColumn I need to get it by : ((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0]).Text And for TemplateColum I need to do : (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[5].Controls[1]).Text Means, for boundcolumn I'm accessing the first control,and for templatecolumn, the second one.   am I right ? If so, why is that ?   Thanks !...

can we find control of itemtemplate in updatecommandeventargs of datagrid after clicking edit button in the datagrid?
hi im having a editable datagrid here in one column of template field im having a label control in itemtemplate and a textbox control in edititemtemplate.now i want to find the label control in update command eventargs ...is this possible here im able to find the control of edititemplate but im unable to find the control of itemplate .pavankumar In any event, you can find controls in itemtemplate. for(int vLoop=0 ; vLoop<gv1.rows.count ; vLoop++) {     Label lbl = (Label)gv1.rows[vLoop].findcontrol("lblID"); }Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Te...

Controls in DataGrid (During edit mode)
When editing a selected row in a DataGrid, I want to use a dropdownlist control to provide users with restricted options to modify the value with (and also to mark the current value as selected). So, I placed the <asp:dropdownlist> tag within the <edititemtemplate> tag. Then I placed code to populate the dropdownlist within the OnEditCommand event of the DataGrid. However, once I click on any item within the grid to modify values, the dropdownlist object is null (causing reference exception). When I remove the dropdownlist population code from the OnEditCommand event handler,...

Could anybody help me about How to Get the Cell value from Gridview Control while I use Mouse Click on one Cell?
Hi Sir,    Here goes my question,I'v drag a Gridview control and binded data to it ,I'm thinking ,Can I get the value from the Cell which I used the mouse  to click on it ? Thanks for your kindly help.Here.I.Am Edit Columns in the Smart Tagthen on the column use want to use click the "Convert to a Templated Field"Now Click OKGo back to smart tag, and Edit Templated field, On the Field you want to change, Item Template, you delete the Label Field and add a HyperLinkWhen you add the hyperlink, a smart tag will appear asking you to "Edit DataBindings", click it.Now ch...

Edit datagrid cell by clicking?
 hey all,so I have this editable datagrid, with some bounded data, what I'm trying to do is to edit a cell of the data grid without using the edit button, and then maybe deselect the cell and it will automatically update. any ideas? Hi pxrage, Have a look at this article about creating an individual cell-edit GridView: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/EditGridviewCells.aspx Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Table Cell click event
Hi, I used to have a custom server control inhirted from TableCell control to implement click event in VS.NET 2003.  When I use the custom control in VS.NET 2003 Web application (dynamically adding to table object), everything works fine.  Below is the code from 2003 project, and everything works good in this way.                 Dim c As New MyCustomTableCell                  c.Width = 200     &nb...

Is there any way to get the control in a table cell?
I  add a control(button, or table etc) to a TableCell. If I know the row number and column of the cell in the table, is there any way to get the control I put into the cell previously? You certainly can pick the control from the cell either with FindControl method (of the TableCell) or just by indexing into TableCell's Controls collection [VB]cell.Controls(0)...[C#]cell.Controls[0]...Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Make the CELL which required to access as runat server control <TD runat="server" id="abc"></TD>you can see same in code behind as follows Protecte...

How do I get the index of the cell clicked in DataGrid?
I know that e.Item.Cells(0).Text will return the contents of the firstcell in the row, but my question is what if I don't know what cellthey clicked on?If I could get the index of the cell the user clicked on, I could do this:Dim strContentsOfClickedCell As String = e.Item.Cells(intCellIndexClicked).TextHow do I get the index of the cell or column (not the row) clicked? In your ItemCommand event of your datagrid, you can do something like the following: <code>Dim selectedID As Integer = Int32.Parse(myGrid.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex))</code> HTHJeffhttp://www.bestmodu...

Web resources about - is there any way to get into datagrid edit mode by click any cells? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject