Is Datagrid's TemplateColumn's Inner Content limited for controls?

For some obscure reason, i can't use any type of non-builtin control inside a Datagrid's TemplateColumn....

tx 4 any info
0
SharonUrban

Could you give more information?

Inside a templatecolumn you are able to put whatever markup you want, including server controls.
Could you post part of your code and the problem you are seeing.
0
CarlosAg
8/6/2003 3:30:57 AM
are you sure you want me to bother you with my code?

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=299243
0
SharonUrban

how to control a RadioButtonList's Listitem's text show according database's field
Hi my page has a repeater control,in repeater has a RadioButtonList control now i want to let the RadioButtonList has four Listitem,every Listitem's text is a database's field so the listitem can show dynamic according every record how can i work out my problem thanks a lot  hello dearbound your RadioButtonList to database if i m not clear fell free 4 replySatyabrat SinghB.E.(C.Sc.)Web developer Livetek Solution Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. yes.i bound the radiobuttonlist to a dataset but how to display the ...

Setting a panel control's visibility and it's affect in nested controls.
I am trying to debug a page using the panel control.  The code in the final submission of the form has logic to get data from a dropdown based on the control's visibility.  If the control's visibility is set to true, the the data is retrieved and sent to the database.The problem appears to be the dropdown control's visibility is set to false when it should not.  The dropdown is nested in a panel control.  While doing a trace, it appears when a panel control's visibility is set to false, the visibility for all controls nested under this panel are set to false as well.You'r...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Help! I cannot access the DataGrid's ItemTemplate's LinkButton's Text Atrribute 's Value!!!!!!!!!!!
I write a datagrid's ItemDataBound method as follows:   private void dgTable_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e)  {   if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)   {    if(!isRole("Manager"))    {     LinkButton tmp = (LinkButton)e.Item.FindControl("lbPassed");     if(tmp.Text == "Passed")     {      ((LinkBu...

Can I hide a user control's control from the hosting page's client script?
Okay, my previous question was not unswered and I guess you can't hide a control's panel with server code then show it with client code. Now this is what I try to do: on the hosting page's onload event, call a function to hide the user control's penal. Here is the deal: the user control was looped as many times as data required. So the penals will be name mypanel1, my panel2, etc... that is not even a problem if I know if the following is true: * Do all server codes finish running before the page get sent back to the client? Say the database gave me 5 penals, I can then determine how...

how to let ButtonColumn control button's visible's property in DataGrid
Hi I has a ButtonColumn in a DataGrid,and a button in the page, In the page_load() event i wrote: if (Not IsPostBack) then   button1.visible=false end if and the ButtonColumn CommandName="delete" in the DataGrid1_delete() event i wrote   button1.visible=true But when i press the "delete" ButtonColumn ,the button1 can not be visible,i don;t why How can when i press "delete" ButtonColumn,the Button1 can be visible Thanks a lot.       yugiant:How can when i press "delete" ButtonColumn,the Button1 can be visibl...

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.
Hii, When I tried to bind dropdownlist to database by declaring connection string in the code behind file I am getting this error: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.Source Error: An...

Control's (object's) default value??
How or where can I see an asp.net control's default value? Say, for example the Visible property for webcontrols? Would be preferable if I could quickly see it in Visual Web Developer but MSDN online documentation would also be nice. Also how can I do this in general for all .Net objects?...

OLE Control
I'm attempting to load a .bmp image into an OLE object using PowerBuilder 11.1. The OLE ActiveX is AddFlow5 and I am using it to graphically represent links between entities - people, organisations, addresses, vehicles, telephones, etc. Documentation for AddFlow5 gives an example in VB script to load the relevant 'picture' into a node, ie, SET node.picture = LOADPICTURE("C:\images\person.bmp"). I cannot find a suitable equivalent in PB 11 to either 'SET' or to 'LOADPICTURE' The developer of AddFlow suggested I try: OLEObject uo uo = C...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Accessing a Row's BoundColumn's Contents
HiDG = DataGridI have a DG only Displaying 1 row, populated from sql. How can i extract the value of a bound column with out using item templates, no clicking on DG. After the DG has databinded, i want to make a label = the value of bound column 2 sayIs this possible?it might look something like this except i dont know what the handles claus is:Sub DisplayBoundColumnValue(sender as Object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs)????     Dim bc2 as String = e.Item.Cells(2).Text     lblWhatever.text = bc2End SubAny IdeasCheers Hi, you have 2 ways to access...

Web resources about - Is Datagrid's TemplateColumn's Inner Content limited for controls? - asp.net.presentation-controls