inserting record present in one gridview in one page into gridview in other page

hi,i have two .aspx pages.one page(watch.aspx) have gridview with fields  given below.the fourth column is a hyperlink column

                                                       watch.aspx                                                                  cart.aspx

                                              id      name   Price                                                       id      name   Price

                                               1      xys       100     addtocard

                                                2     sdg        200    addtocard

when i click on addtocart link in watch.aspx page,the values corresponding to clicked one should get added to the gridview in cart.aspx page.

0
paraskarsatish

WHEN YOU BIND DATA IN WATCH.ASPX THEN GENERATE THE LINK IN SUCH A WAY THAT YOU CAN PASS THE ID. LIKE <A HREF='CART.ASPX?NAVIGATEID=4'.
Text='<%# "<a href=Case.aspx?NavigateID="+DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "rowid")+">Open</a>" %>'

NOW FROM CART.ASPX PAGE READ QUERY STRING. HOPE YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED.

Shawpnendu Bikash Maloroy
http://shawpnendu.blogspot.com
0
shawpnendu
4/2/2009 4:30:09 AM

paraskarsatish:
when i click on addtocart link in watch.aspx page,the values corresponding to clicked one should get added to the gridview in cart.aspx page.

Hi,

Here's an interesting article on how to: Pass GridView Values

Regards,Vinz

vinz

How to transfer records from one gridview to another gridview on same page
i have a problem, have got a gridview where all products are populated, now i want user to select the products he wants to order and store all the products selected in another gridview on same page. Currently i can transfer only one record on second grid view if i select another product from first gridview it will overwrite the record in second gridview.Lastly i want to insert all the records from 2nd gridview to database.Thanks Read the below post. Here i showed how we can transfer data from a page tpo another page. In first page user selects some data from gridview then transfer th...

How do I show all records on one page with .NET 2.0 GridView?
I have a paginated GridView but I want the option to "show all records" which will show all records on the screen instead of using standard pagination.  How can I accomplish this?You can't stop entropy so why even try? Hi,Assign false to AllowPaging property. It think that should work. ClaytonIf this post answered your question please 'Mark as Answer' Use GridView1.AllowPaging = False ;before binding data to GridView. I think it should work...  "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.Chandan,Imfinity India Pte Ltd. Hi, GridView....

2 GridViews on one page but one not populating
I have two GridViews and two SqlDataSources but the two DataSources use the same connection (problem?).  My first GridView on the page is populating fine, but the second on isn't.  I go into the configure DataSource and the test query shows exactly what I want it too, but the page itself will not do anything but show the heading.  I am however, in my codebehind, changing the sql statements in each DataSource so I can make use of variables within my code.  I think this is pretty weird since it tests out fine in the test query and the first one works just fine with changing...

Create more than one gridview on the same page with only one header.
Hi - I would like to create three gridviews on the same page.  There should be only one header.  Each of the three gridviews has a title.  So, the first row on the page is the GridVew header, second row is the title of the first gridview.  Then comes the data for the first gridview.  This is followed by title for the second gridview and so on. When I click on a column name in the header row, it will sort all of the three gridviews. Has anyone done something similar to it or has an idea about how to proceed? Thanks - Sandhia  You might want to consider using...

Insert record form on same page as gridview and gridview not updating
I have a page where I am adding a record to a table using a form. Then below this there is a GridView that displays the data from the the same table. The problem I am having is it displays the records in the GridView fine until I try to add a new record and it does not display this new record in the GridView. My guess is the GridView does not update on a PostBack so is there a way to make it update on a PostBack? I basically want the user to be able to see the record they just added in the GridView so they can edit or delete it right away. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. ...

DetailsView and GridView controls on one page
Hi!   I want to have both controls on one page (left and right side of the page). On GridView I have items from one tabel and in DetailsView I can add or edit those items. BUT... In GirdView I have a Button wihich fires on command event with command argument (ID of an item). The postback happens, I set a cookie with ID of an item (command argument) and I set DetailsView control to defaultMode = Edit. So the detailsView should be in edit mode and filled with data from that ID. But that just doesn't happen, because the DetailsView never gets into Edit mode. It just satys in Ins...

get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page.
 Hi here iam having Gridview in one page .it is binded to some data.I used querystring to transfer data from Gridview to Textboxes in next page.now my question is i want to edit the textboxes and make changes reflect in database.i edited the textboxes by just deleting the value in Textbox and entering new value.but The changes i made to textboxes are not reflected at runtime.When i debug the codeThe values in TextBox are previous values. The changed values are not reflected.because of that iam not able to update the database.Is there property for textbox to take place the changes i made...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

One Page Gridview select --> New Page Data manipulation
Hey Im sorry to start a new post about this topic, but Im a bit puzzled as to how to search for this.I have a GridView with a list of Jobs that have been generated when a User is selected, this process is done on the same page and I simply used a "SelectedValue" and Control method of the DataSource to select the info.What I dont know, is how to do the same thing over two pages.  Basically what I want to do is select a hyperlink in the gridview on one page and be directed to the other page with a DataView of that information.  I would guess it would involve passing...

problem in duplicating row from getting one gridview to another gridview in the same page
I am getting itemcode, itemdescription for the first gridview but I displays only item description on the gridview. Then I add items by using checkbox from the first gridview to another gridview on the same page. Then I used "Session". However when i choose the same item again, it will add new row in the second gridview. If it is same itemcode, it should overwrite. Can anyone pls help me. Here's an example for you: ASPX <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPages/Default.master" autoeventwireup="true" co...

Help with copying data from one gridview to another gridview on another page
Hello,I have a page, frmJobListings.aspx, with a data grid that is populated with data from a table called, tblJobPostings.  I would like to copy all rows of data from three of the columns, JobRefNum, JobRequirements, and JobTitle on the page and populate a datagrid on another page called, frmJobDetails when I click on a button called, btnJobDetailBuilder. Problem: When I click on the btnJobDetailBuilder the page frmJobDetails opens but does not display the datagrid, errors, or any information.  I know that I need to do a data bind, but not sure if or how to databind to the 'Re...

Assertion Error: 201501 (10.0.1.3415) Page for requested record not a table page or record not present on page
I post it in the i.p.g.general for a while,but no answer. Hardware-System: Debian Linux 2.6.19.2, 4GB RAM DB-Version: SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3415 DB-Files more then 3 GB with one systemspace and 5 Indexspaces Its not the first time we got this error! It comes also after unload and load into new db-file. What can we do?? SGollan wrote: > I post it in the i.p.g.general for a while,but no answer. > > Hardware-System: Debian Linux 2.6.19.2, 4GB RAM > DB-Version: SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3415 > DB-Files more then 3 GB with one systemspace and 5 > Indexspaces > ...

Use Search button on one page and display results in gridview on second page
Hello! I am wanting to do a search button on website. I have a "Search button" and a textbox where users will enter their information. After they hit the search button, I would like for them to nagviate to the "SearchResults.aspx" page where the results will be displayed in a gridview. I will be ONLY searching on one table called "Requests" where one of the columns is named "Summary"....i just need to search within the summary column basically. How would I go about doing this? Your help is very much appreciated! Thanks :-)"People will mainly...

Web resources about - inserting record present in one gridview in one page into gridview in other page - asp.net.presentation-controls

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's New Interface for Inserting Photos
Gmail has a new interface for adding images to a message. When you click the "insert images" icon, Gmail now shows all the photos highlighted ...

Now Samsung SmartTVs are interrupting users' videos by inserting random ads
... room. Now Samsung is dealing with a new headache: Gigaom reports that Samsung SmartTVs are interrupting users' own video content by inserting ...

Samsung SmartTVs are inserting ads into movies - Business Insider
Random Pepsi pop-up ads have been appearing when SmartTV users watch content through the device's third-party apps.