Insert row above selected row in GridView

Hi,

I've been asked to create a list with an insert button at the end of each row that, when clicked, will insert a new line above the selected row and allow the user to enter in information.  It won't be an edit, but a new entry - however it needs to be displayed above the row with the "Insert" button.  I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

0
Piornet

Check this article

http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=201

Hope my suggestion helps

Regards,Vinz

vinz

Data Controls insert rows into gridview then insert rows from gridview into SQL Table
Hello there, I'm still new at performing miracles with code . Currently I am having trouble with my latest coding adventure I have a web application which records jobs and labour assigned to jobs. The issue in particular I'm having is the way in which labour is to be assigned. I want to use standard controls (Textbox, Dropdownlist) to record the values into a gridview (ie,put multiple rows into the gridview using the controls). Then, when all the inserting is complete, the user clicks a submit button to insert all the rows from the gridview into a database table. The reason for...

Selecting the multiple rows in GridView and inserting the selected rows to another Gridview & Performing some operations on it
 Dear All, I have become mad for solving this problem. Please Help me. I have a Gridview bound to a datasource. I inserted the CheckBox Control in Templet to select certain rows. Gridview1 contains some products id & name.I want to insert the selected rows in to second Gridview  and in the second Gridview I need to add two more colums AdvicedQty & AcceptedQty(TextBox Cotrol).The user will select few products in Gridview1 & clicks add which will be added another gridview then in second Gridview he enters the AdviceQty & AcceptedQty.After entering the data he cli...

Selecting a gridview row and keeping the last selected row in a gridview highlighted after mouse moves over a new row.
What is the best way to show a gridview row highlighted once selected and keep it highlighted once the mouse moves over a different row? Thanks, Steve hi,you can use <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#008A8C" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#FFFFFF" /> plz let me know if i misunderstood you Thanks for your help. One problem; however, is that after the row has been selected and I check the "grid.SelectedIndex" it has a value of -1 and not the index of the row that was selected on the grid. What do you recommend? Thanks, Steve hi, sorry i din...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

Problem in Using DropDownList Control to select a selected row of SqlDataSource that is under GridView Control
Hi all,In my SQL Server Management Studio Express, I have a database "ChemDatabase" that has a table "LabData"  formatted in the following way: SampleID int PRIMARY KEY, SampleName nvarchar(25), ChemicalName, nvarchar(25), Concentration decimal(6.2) with 5 rows of records in this .dbo table. In my Visual Web Developer Express, I created a website "RPD-TCE" for extracting a row of record from the LabData table by using a DropDownList, a GridView and a SqlDataSource.  I want to click DropDownList to list one number of S...

new row below selected row in gridview to display child gridview
Hello,   I have a gridview that up selected..shows the nested child grivdview. The problem I currently have is that it stuffs all the data into a column whcih blows the whole tbale out of whack. What I need to do is create a new row below the sleected row to house the new child grivdview. I have seen third party controls do this such as teleriks radgrid but I wont to do this with the gridview control.  Any articles on how to do this? Does AJAX support this? Any help is greatly appreciated.    ...

I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row.
 Hi, Let say I've 4 rows in a table. I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row. Thanks in advance Asghar Ali Mohammed http://www.aliwebdev.com(Web Designer and Developer)Do not forget to "MARK AS ANSWER" on the post that helped you. If you can use Linq, you can use Skip. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336757.aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Hii dear..U can fire the Query select Top(3) from Table1 order by id desc.. "A conclusion is whe...

Using a row selection in a gridview to create database rows for another gridview
Hi there, I have 2 gridviews on a form, the first displays some template rows from a database table.  The second displays some user specific rows (with additional data added to the template info) from the same table. They both work fine for displaying the info.  Now what I want to do, is allow users to 'select' a template row on the first gridview, and have that action automatically: create a new user-specific row, with added fields from profile data etc. insert it into the table then refresh the second gridview in order to show the new added row. C...

How to insert new row between the existing row in the gridview dynamically and how to insert value in it
hi,       I have a grid view i populate the grid with student records, i have a button called sub_Average when i click the button, the rows should reorder(groped) depend on department, and the average of each department should come under the end of each department (ie) a new row should be inserted for display Average of each department. Each new row should insert below the end of each department. Now my problem is i populate the records directly from dataset, so i dn't know how to insert a new row for average in the grid dynamically for each depar...

selecting row in gridview by clicking anywhere in row (not just on 'select' link)
Hi there- I would like my gridview to behave such that a click anywhere in the (whole length of the) row would act just like clicking the "select" column link. Anyone have any code or suggestions?   You could use: ( but you would also need to disable event validation ) <%@ Page Language="VB" EnableEventValidation="false"%> Protected Sub GridView1_RowCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then e.Row.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:__doPostBack('GridView1','select$" &...

Iwant to select a row and column in gridview with select radiobutton. but No checked change event.below put a button .if click that button to seleced row values will select
I want to select a row and column in gridview using radiobutton in gridview . if which radio button is select that row will select and i want that row column values in outside individual textboxes of next page.  but in that only single radiobutton will select and no post back="true" bcz iam not using checked change property. i inserted button below gridview. if i click the that selected row and columns values are stored into textboxes of next page im using this code .but im getting one column in that row. but i want all columns in that selected row so plz repla...

Select some values from a row and Insert on another row
I have a table wih multiple records and some has common values. For example, new child row need to inherit some of parent's data. Here is how I want to do: Select [parent data1], [parent data2] from [TABEL] where id = parent Insert INTO [TABLE]  ([child id], [child data1], [child data2] ) VALUES [child  id] [parent id] [parent id]........... I was thinking about using Selected and Inserting events but not sure how. Please help?  Thanks, try Insert INTO [TABLE]  ([child id], [child data1], [child data2] ) Select @tiChildID ,[parent d...

select multiple rows with its row highlighted in GridView
Hello everyone, I'm not using any checkbox or select command to select the row in the GridView, I use the "RowDataBound" event in the GridView for the "onmouseover" click and row select.  That works fine for me but I want to have the functionality to select a multiple rows with its row highlighted and have a row selected count. For example, If I select a row, it hightlights that row and if I select another row, it will do the same thing and have the previous row still highlighted.  I have been looking for a way to implement this but can't find a ...

Web resources about - Insert row above selected row in GridView - asp.net.presentation-controls

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Sait Faik Abasıyanık’s Selected Stories are tales that beguile all for their brevity
The influential Turkish writer's collection of short stories is often bizzare but never boring.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Refugee spinner selected for PM's XI
Fawad Ahmed has gone from asylum seeker to rubbing shoulders with Julia Gillard at The Lodge.