Inline Editing in DataGrid without actually having to click on an edit button

Is it possible to allow inline editing in a DataGrid for each row without having to click an edit button for each row? Basically we have users who have to go through thousands of records and edit and they don't watn to have to keep clicking the edit button in order to invoke the inline editing feature of a DataGrid.

basically they just want to give focus to each row with like a tab on the keyboard and be able to just tab their way through to edit each row's data.

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

Hi:

  From your description I think you can just put a TextBox and a "Update" button into ItemTemplate, set custom CommandName for "Update" button (maybe also need a "Cancel" button) and simply address your problem in DataGrid's ItemCommand event handler.

  If you encounter any problems, just feel free to ask.

Regards

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support