Infragistics WebGrid-cell Edit and Image Click of the cell

This post was edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums.

Hello,

We are devloping web application with Asp.Net, C#, and Infragistics NetAdvantage Vol 2 suite for webgrid. If anybody have workd with Infragistics webgrid, Please help me out here!!

Coming to my problem, I want the cell of grid to enter or edit with one image at the right hand corner of the cell. so When i click on the cell, it should allow me to edit or enter the data. And when i click on the image of the cell, it should call a another page which will cotain the data in table. But when i enter or edit data into cell, image should not disapper. It should be always in visible mode. Has anyone here an idea on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

Kiran

0
justKiran

maybe you could post some relevant pieces of code that you already have and have problems with. There are also forums available on the Infragistics site where their developers, which have a good understanding of their product, can help you out with specific questions about their product.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control
Sir,In asp.net 2.0 application, I want to edit the cell text by clicking in the cell in datagrid control. By EditItemTemplate it is possible to edit the cell text but for that we need to click on Edit button and after edit we need to click on Update button. But this way is not accepted. Is it possible in datagrid (possibly without activex control) to click in cell and edit the value and click out of the cell to update just like windows application grid?I did not find any article on web related to this.Please help me.Thanks in advance.    &nbs...

gridview vs infragistics webgrid
Hi,I just switch to visual studio 2005 and its new gridview, even if there is a lot of new functionality , it is still not possible to edit a cell of the grid by simply clicking on it.I have been using infragistics in the past because of  the edit capabilities and I was hoping to switch to the gridview .Anyone knows how to edit whatever cell with one click  without a callBack?Thanks any idea on the subject would be very helpfull.thanks...

Making a cell editable on clicking the cell
Hi, I am trying to make a cell editable as soon as the user clicks on that particular cell in the .net data grid. Usually, the way we do is, we click the edit button and the cells become editable and two buttons(Update and Cancel) appear. Instead I would like to make this possible without even clicking on the Edit button. There will be only one button (Save) to save the changes done on the grid. Is there any way to do it ? I hope I am clear. Thanks in advance. Prasad P Take a look at the following article, which shows how you can hightlight the row by clicking anywhere in the ro...

Move a control from cell to cell
I have a custom control, but for this question let's keep it simple and use a "button".  Without deleting the old button and creating a new button, I would like to "move" it's location from a cell in one table, to a cell in a completely different table. Any ideas? Doing "getElementById" to find the id of the control, and then "appendChild" to the cell gives me an "invalid pointer" error.  So obviously it doesnt want the same control pointed to twice on the page.   You can try the following. This might no...

Change table Cell Image on click in a User Control
Friends,   I have a User Control which is used as a left side navigation menu and in that I have a table . The table has multiple rows and each row displays an image.Each row represents a link to a specific web page . And basically this Navigation menu is displayed on all my web pages. So I want to change the image of the cell up on selection in the new page  just to indicate that its the current page. Just now sure how to do this. Below is the code for my user control.   <TABLE id="containerPage" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 0px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: ...

Could anybody help me about How to Get the Cell value from Gridview Control while I use Mouse Click on one Cell?
Hi Sir,    Here goes my question,I'v drag a Gridview control and binded data to it ,I'm thinking ,Can I get the value from the Cell which I used the mouse  to click on it ? Thanks for your kindly help.Here.I.Am Edit Columns in the Smart Tagthen on the column use want to use click the "Convert to a Templated Field"Now Click OKGo back to smart tag, and Edit Templated field, On the Field you want to change, Item Template, you delete the Label Field and add a HyperLinkWhen you add the hyperlink, a smart tag will appear asking you to "Edit DataBindings", click it.Now ch...

Is there really an easy way to click and edit a cell value at run time (without having to click on Edit and Update links) in GridView?
 Link for an answer is broken. Anyway I want know just that. RegardsLeif  I'm talking with absolutely no knowledge, but why not to trigger "onblur" event in the client textbox and forward it to whatever the edit-and-update links go?...

Editing TValueListEditor cells while other cells are being updated.
I am using RAD Studio 2007. I have an application where I have a custom component derived from a TValueListEditor. In this application, values in the value column are being programmatically updated all the time, at roughly 10 updates per second. At the same time, the user is able to edit values that aren't being modified this way. The problem is, when you are editing a cell and another cell's value is changed, it resets the text selection and highlights the entire contents of the value cell. This makes it impossible to type in the value cell. Here is a project that shows what I ...

What is the difference between e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0] and e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[1] ?
I usually work with Datagrid but I do not understand the difference between ...Controls[0] & Controls[1] in DataGrid. Please give some suggestion ! Thanks a lot ! briefly a DataGrid is rendered as an HTML Table containing TR ( item ) and TD ( cells ) elements at runtime e.Item.Cells refer to the TableCellCollection in the current row this cells collection, like any collection in .NET, is zero-based, meaning the first cell in the Cells collection is Cells [ 0 ], and the next is Cells [ 1 ], etc. e.Item.Cells [ x ].Controls refer to the control collection within the cell. Thi...

Change cell color in a cell when hyperlink is clicked
I have a table across the bottom of my form, when a user clicks a hyperlink in one of the cells, I want the bgcolor of the cell to change. You can use the onClick event of the cell to change its bgcolor property. For example:<td bgcolor="black" onclick"bgcolor='white';">This is a test!</td>This uses event propogation to capture the click event which is passed down from the link. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I used your example and it it doesn't want to cooperate. The bgcolor automatically deafults to the oncli...

how to update call of grid view by double clicking it ,i want update cell value to database by double clicking it,i want only that cell to be update
I am displaying the grid view with some minibars data now i want to update the status of each minibar(LOCK/UNLOCK) to database by clicking on cell(contains image) of grid How can i do that?SuyogI am just using my free time,but if it helps you then my mark my post as answer Minibars?  Like how many of the little vodkas are left in room 216?  :) Make your image an ImageButton instead and you can write a handler for your OnClick.  You can get the row reference of the cell through reflection.  I love to display the non-secure items...Charlie Asbor...

setting the edit control's size relative to non-edit cell size
I have a DataGrid with dynamically added custom edit controls. Some of the strings that go into the custom control (the control might be a TreeView, or a ListBox) are long, and this does funky things to the cell size in edit mode. **I basically want the added control (e.g., a listbox) to be the width of the host cell, and 4X the height....all the time** (in the grid's ItemDataBound callback for edit) //create a new listbox, clear the edit cell's controls, and add the listbox listbox.Height = new Unit("100%") ; //this makes the listbox’s height just the hos...

Edit datagrid cell by clicking?
 hey all,so I have this editable datagrid, with some bounded data, what I'm trying to do is to edit a cell of the data grid without using the edit button, and then maybe deselect the cell and it will automatically update. any ideas? Hi pxrage, Have a look at this article about creating an individual cell-edit GridView: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/EditGridviewCells.aspx Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

How to make Tree/Table Cell Editable by Tabbing into Cell?
Hi, I need to make Tree/Table Cell Editable by Tabbing into the Cell, rather than the lengthy double-click. Googling did not provide any helpful results, is there a way to do it for example in Javascript, or better, with a xul attribute? Thanks Milan ...

Web resources about - Infragistics WebGrid-cell Edit and Image Click of the cell - asp.net.presentation-controls

Infragistics Storefront
Quince Pro is a private, secure and organized way for UI/UX/interaction designers to collaborate, communicate and cultivate private UX design ...

Infragistics - YouTube
As the world leader in user interface development tools and experts in User Centered Design, Infragistics empowers developers to build and style ...

Infragistics Version 4 Indigo Studio
Responsive web design support for functional UI prototypes

Infragistics Delivers Super Bowl Visualization Suitable for Business
Infragistics' new Super Bowl visualization can be used to track sales and operations for businesses as easily as it does for football.

Sponsored Post: Infragistics, Velocity, Reality Check Network, Gigaspaces, AiCache, ElasticHosts, Logic ...
Who's Hiring? Are you looking for good people? Fun and Informative Events The DevOps PaaS Infusion Meetup NYC - Taking Mission-Critical Apps ...

Announcements: Sponsor Announcement: Infragistics
... helped us bring you our regular content, but also special features like TDWTF: Live . We’re proud to introduce our second sponsor: Infragistics ...

jQuery/HTML5 Controls - Infragistics
Deliver the best HTML5 applications across every browser, platform, and device with the speed and responsiveness of our jQuery controls. Infragistics ...

Top 100 Apps Availability on iOS, Android, Windows Phone & Windows 8 - Evangelism - Infragistics.com ...
“I don’t want to use a Windows Phone because it doesn’t have enough apps.” I’m so tired of hearing this. Windows Phone now has over 160,000 ...

Twitter
... you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Brian Lagunas @ brianlagunas Boise, ID XAML Product Manager for @Infragistics ...

Windows Phone 8 seen cementing developer loyalty to Microsoft - windows phone 8, mobile app development ...
Windows Phone 8, which Microsoft partially unveiled this week, is the company’s third version of its mobile OS. And for some experienced Windows ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:40:41 PM