i am getting problem when i am connecting to database sql server 2005 from visual studio 2005

 the error is

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"

mine is a windows authentication server.

0
v_badhra

 Hi v_badhra

see this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;914277

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Database, aspnetdb
I have just created the ASPNETDB database with the aspnet_regsql.exe utility in the Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727. I can see the database in SQL Server Management Studio. The database itself has a user XXXXXX\ASPNET. It has "CONNECT SQL" and "VIEW ANY DATABASE" Effective permissions. When I add permissions to the ASPNETDB, I am have 13 ASPNET Database Role objects that can be added to the permission list. Can anyone give me guidance as to what permissions need to be granted to what Database Role / User? Presently the Web Site Administration Tool is unable to...

Visual Studio 2005 / SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Source Control?
I just want a simple software change management tool for these two tools... Team Foundation Server is too big for me...  What should I do? Hi,at the moment we still use Visual Source Safe untill VSTS ships as a RTM version. But there are other systems availble too. I heard some people that they were using CVS but I don't have any experience with it.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

SQL Server 2005 connection string in Visual Studio 2005
Hey I need to know what shall i specify in this connection string in visual studio web.confug file inorder to connect to ma registered server (locally) not directly to my dedicated server ....cuz i am facing network connection problems .... b4 i used to use this connection string : <add key="conn" value="data source=IP address\neel,1433;initial catalog=xxx;user id=username on the dedicated server;Password=password on the dedicated server;timeout=60"></add> So how can i change it ???? to be able to connect locally ???? Please Help ???! Thanks in advance Hiba Check out ...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Problem with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services
I install the  SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services   and now the visual studio 2005 only show the start form and mothing more , with bussines intellegence studio is the same. what i can do? Thanks...

Building my Own Forum in Visual Studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005 Database Foundations
Hi all hope everyone is ok...Right i am about to embark on a challange greater than i have ever attempted in the past, i'm going to attempt to design build and hopeflly successfully create my own Forum. I was kind of hoping that there would be some help doing this in VB.net out there, but there isn't, and so i am asking if anyone has any suggestions, hints/tips or help they think i might find usefull, before i start getting to far into this project..Thanks for your time and effort, look forward to hearing from you all... RegardsCDG What do you mean there isn't any help for doin...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

problem connecting from Visual Studio 2008 to SQL Server 2005
Hi Everybody,  I just copied the whole solution from my friend's computer to start working on a project and I also setup the database accordingly. But when I run the project I get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 When I create a separate project and try to access the same data using a dataadapter, It is accessed without any p...

Connot connect Sql server 2005 in visual server 2005
l can add database to my website but when l click to add a new item l get the fellow error   connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly. please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkId=49251"  can some one please help salis Hi,  Give this link a try http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/dd571502.aspx l have unintstalled both sql server 2005, visual studio 2005 and  microsoft .Net Framework then reinstalled again.and that works.  l get the ...

Web resources about - i am getting problem when i am connecting to database sql server 2005 from visual studio 2005 - asp.net.presentation-controls

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...