How to select data from a table and insert the selected data in the same table as new row

Hi

   I have a table called Version and its attributes are Version_ID, Project_ID , Hospital_ ID , Date_Created and comments. I want to select the data by Version_ID,Project_ID and  Hospital_ID and the selected data is inserted in the same table(Version) as new row .

Table: Version (Version_ID(Primary_key), Project_ID(Foreign_Key),Hospital_ID(Foreign_Key),Date_Created,Comments).

Iam using Visual Web Developer Express 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Iam doing on asp.net 2.0.

Could anyone please send me the code in asp.net 2.0 for the above problem.

0
rambo_20uk

Fire this query

INSERT INTO  Version(Version_ID,Project_ID,Hospital_ID) SELECT Version_ID,Project_ID,Hospital_ID FROM Version.

Girijesh
http://www.girijesh.in/
0
Girijesh

Select data from sourse table to insert to destination table and then delete those data ?
Hello everyone , I need to do something with Sql server 2005 from visual studio 2008. I have two tables in the database names students , Temporarilystudents : My question is how I can select specifics data from temporarilystudents table and insert those data to Students table and after that delete those data from temporarily table. Can you please give me the SQL Statement to achieve functionality? Actions Speaks Loader than words insert into Students select * from TempStudents drop table TempStudents. Or insert into Students select * from TempStudents where my conditions delete fr...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

Insert data to a table where select data from another SERVER
I had a function like below :Public Sub Getdata2(ByVal query, ByVal db, ByVal name) Dim selectSQL As StringDim con As SqlConnection Dim cmd As SqlCommand Dim reader As SqlDataReader Trycon = New SqlConnection("User ID=xxx;password=xxx;persist security info=True;Initial Catalog=database1;Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,xxxxx;") Dim username As String username = Request.QueryString("username") selectSQL = "SET DATEFORMAT DMY;Insert into table1(hse_num, st_name, proj_name, unit_num, postal, n_postal, flr_area, flr_sf, flr_rate, flr_ra_sf, land_area, land_sf, l...

Selecting a Table name from a DropDownList then display selected table data, is this possible?
Is it possible to have a DropDownList of table names, all from the same DB, then display the selected table's data? if you run the below query you will get all tables in database. select name from sysobjects where xtype='u'   to get the data from a table, you can use the normal query like select * from tablename so main 2 code blocks are i) in page_load event,     sqlconnection con = new sqlconnection(connection string);    sqlcommand cmd = new sqlcommand("select name from sysobjects where xtype='u'");  ...

Detailsview fields contain data from a table and then insert a new record in the table using that same data.
Hi Good Day,I have a detailsview that is getting data from a db, so the fields in the detailsview is already populated with data from the db; however I want to be able to change data in anyone of the fields and then insert a new record in the table in my db. ?Inorder to get the detailsview populated with data from my db i make the D.V by default mode 'edit' however when i do that and change data the existing data changes and i dont' want this i want a new record to be inserted. It i put the detailsview default mode to be insert the fields are blank and i don't want it.&n...

Data Controls insert rows into gridview then insert rows from gridview into SQL Table
Hello there, I'm still new at performing miracles with code . Currently I am having trouble with my latest coding adventure I have a web application which records jobs and labour assigned to jobs. The issue in particular I'm having is the way in which labour is to be assigned. I want to use standard controls (Textbox, Dropdownlist) to record the values into a gridview (ie,put multiple rows into the gridview using the controls). Then, when all the inserting is complete, the user clicks a submit button to insert all the rows from the gridview into a database table. The reason for...

Adding Rows from different Data table to a single Data Table
Hi, I have 3 data tables say dt1, dt2, dt3. None of the tables have any relation with each other. Now i my requirement is to merge all these 3 datatables into 1.  But, i dont want it into different rows. Means to say, record from 1st, 2nd and 3rd table shud be merged as a single row in resultant datatable. Below example explains better Table 1 : 123 abc 890 Table 2 : rew 234 Table 3: sdfsd 234 dfg 45645 Now Resultant table shud be :  123 abc 890 rew 234 sdfsd 234 dfg 45645 Any help is appreciated :) Thanks in advance   If you keep your feet firmly on ...

Inserting Data Into Two Tables (Getting ID from Table 1 and inserting into Table 2)
I am trying to insert data into two different tables. I will insert into Table 2 based on an id I get from the Select Statement from Table1.  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@description,@link,@Whatever)Select WhateverID from Table1 Where Description = @DescriptionInsert into Table2(CategoryID,WhateverID)Values(@CategoryID,@WhateverID)  This statement is not working. What should I do? Should I use a stored procedure?? I am writing in C#. Can someone please help!!  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@descri...

How to select & insert data in the same table
Hi    I have a table called Version and its attributes are Version_ID, Project_ID , Hospital_ ID , Date_Created and comments. I want to select the data by Version_ID,Project_ID and  Hospital_ID and the selected data is inserted in the same table(Version) as new row . Table: Version (Version_ID(Primary_key), Project_ID(Foreign_Key),Hospital_ID(Foreign_Key),Date_Created,Comments).  Iam using Visual Web Developer Express and SQL Server 2005. Iam doing on asp.net 2.0. Could anyone please send me the code asp.net 2.0 for the above problem. Dear,You ca...

Moving selected data to a new table.
I have a gridview with rows of info which is populated from 1 database A user clicks a checkbox which picks that item and this selects that this item needs to be put into a new table. What i need to do is when a user clicks on a button, it should scan through the gridview for all items checked and pick up the items and insert the information into a sql new database. What would be the best way of doing this?  So far i have this Default.aspx <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ...

inserting a new row in the data table
hi, can i insert a new row in the middle of the data table. example, i have 10 rows and i want to insert a new row after the fifth row. is it possible? if not, how to overcome it? thanks in advance I'm thinking you will have to create a datarowcollection and use insertat, then put the collection back into your datatable. Or perhaps you can use select to return the order you want? I would start in those directions, unless a better idea is presented.Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance EditorBlog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandesMicrosoft MVP You can add ...

is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table
Ok I have a table that have general categories with just name and CatNo. Now what I want to know is when I create a client to move all the data in general categories to another table called categories that have the clientid to associate it with the client. I would appreciate for any help what is your question here??Shravan Addaypally MCP...

Data row from a Data Table
Hi All, I have a method which returns all the rows to a DataTable.  So from that Data Table I want a particular Row whose values should be assigned to text boxes on the webpage. Please can any help me out on how to do this ? Thanks for your time..   // assuming that you want the first row DataRow r=dataTable1.Rows[0]; TextBox1.Text=r["Column1"]; TextBox2.Text=r["Column2"];  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensiv...

how do i enter a new row in a data set that has a table within a table?
Hi All.My xml is as follows: <Profile>    <ProfileData>        <EditVersion>0</EditVersion>        <Approved>1</Approved>        <AboutUs>About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us About us Ab...

Web resources about - How to select data from a table and insert the selected data in the same table as new row - asp.net.presentation-controls

Portal:Bollywood/Selected biography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Write three or four paragraphs in the text field using information from the selected notable article, you may find it useful to examine the existing ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students-baby365 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

UAE Under-19 cricketers for ACC Premier League tour of Malaysia selected - The National
Coach Aaqib Javed seeking fresh blood for senior team after missing out on World Twenty20

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Australian director Sue Brooks 'gobsmacked' as Looking for Grace selected for Venice Film Festival competition ...
... filmmaker Sue Brooks says she is "gobsmacked". Her drama Looking For Grace , shot in the Western Australian wheat belt, has been selected for ...

Three Canberra products selected in AFL state combines
Belconnen junior Chris Jansen has been selected in South Australia's state AFL combine.