how to save the View state and post back of ...

How to save the View state and post back of control added to TableCell.
I adding the  control to the TableCell and lose the data, the checked not checked and other things.

any one know how to handle the TableCell to not lose the controls in it (property)?

Ido Yahalomi,
.NET Architect www.reptor.com.
0
idoyael

What exactly are you trying to do. Can you be more explicable?
Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79

what data is stored of DropDownList control form view state when post back?
hello! As we know , the view state is not responsible for having TextBoxes, CheckBoxes, DropDownLists, and other Web controls remember their values across postback. When I dynamically add a DropDownList in the web,and dynamically add the items in it. such as: void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e){   DropDownList ddlDynamic = new DropDownList();   ddlDynamic.ID = "ddlDynamic";    form1.Controls.Add(ddlDynamic);    if (!IsPostBack)   { for (int i=1; i <=3; i++)  ddlDynamic.Items.Add(new ListItem(i.ToStrin...

Issue with ratings control saving it's state in the view state when created dynamically.
I want to create ratings control dynamically and get the CurrentRating during a button click.I modified the AjaxControlToolkit Ratings Control example to use a placeholder <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phRating" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder> and .... EnableViewState="True" and the following new code:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.LoadDim objRating As New AjaxControlToolkit.RatingobjRating.ID = "LikeRating"objRating.MaxRating = 5objRating.CurrentRating = 2objRating.StarCssClass = "r...

navigate from Edit control back to the view control when the view control needs parameter in the url ( ver 2.1.2)
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", -1, "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

Saving view state in a table control
Hello all, How do i save the view state in a table control ? I read in msdn that it cannot save the view state but there must be a way to do this isn't there???? TIA, GK582 An ASP:Table would be expected to save its viewstate automatically. A plain html table would not.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets Thanks for the reply, this is taken from MSDN: "It is important to remember that any programmatic addition or modification of table rows or cells will not persist across postbacks....

Double Post Back on Tree View Control
Every time the user clicks a node on my treeview control in ASP.Net 2.0 It posts back to the server 2 times.  I've been able to disable buttons on my page by using the Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference method but I cant figure out how I would disable a node when it is clicked on until the page gets control back.  I have attached the code I use for the button, can somebody please help me to either adapt it to a node or give me another method to disable the node (actually all the nodes) while the server is doing the processing. Dim sb As New System.Text.StringBui...

View state and loading drop down on post back.
The page contains 6 drop downs with many values resulting in very big view state. So I disabled view state of all drop down and filled drop down on every post back.  Now the problem is as view state is disabled and drop downs are being filled on each post back, they are not retaining their selected value on post back. Also filling drop down on page load method is resulting in overrating selected value and getting always 0 as selected value in button click event.  Do I need to make view state enabled here? Hi, yes, you need to enable the view state. Each DropDownList in your ...

Saving a controls view state within a datagrid
Even with viewstate on, the controls within a datagrid will not maintain there view state, does anyone know away around this? are you perhaps databinding on every postback?Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Oh right, yes I am. Unfortunately, my datagrid contains some header rows which allows the user to click  + / -  symbols to add a row to the grid. The added rows contain textboxes in which the user is required to enter certain information. If the user fills out the textboxe...

Preserve View State value at post back
Hi All,    I am creating a custom server control.That control contains a check box list. For the first time I am getting value for that check box list, at run time through Get/Set property. In Property I am using View state for setting value. While page is post back, the view state is getting null. How can I preserve the value of view state. Sample code is as follows,  private CheckBoxList _chkList;protected override void CreateChildControls() {string strItems; string[] StrArrItem = null;char cSplitChar = ','; int intLegth = 0;_chkList = new CheckBoxList(...

where is the value saved of the form controls(such as textbox) in post backs?
hello! I have some puzzle in view state.I have just read an article in Msdn about view state.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972976.aspx,It says, there are many stages in the life cycle of the page,and the Stage 2 is Load View State,the Stage 3  is Load Postback Data.In Stage 2 ,it says : During this stage, the view state data that had been saved from the previous page visit is loaded and recursively populated into the control hierarchy of the Page. And the Stage 3 is Load Postback data of the form controls, My first question is: what is the difference of the view stat...

Save data between multiple post backs in user control
I have a user control ascx ie load data. The first client side action fires as post back that determines a 1 or 0 result. ie enter correct password  The next action fired from client side via postback can only act if the first action is resulting in 1. Like save data.  BUT when the second postback fires it wipes the data from the first postback , and resets to defualt ie 0. How can I store the result from the first post back in a variable for the second post back, ( i tried a basic vb.net variable but that failed) ? Any ideas... should I use a variable in the cache while the p...

Best way to save state of page controls on back button
Hey Ajax Gurus,  Here is a case you must have seen before. I have a search page containing bunch of controls i.e. textbox, dropdownlist , checkbox. Based on my selection this page shows results in the grdiview. Once you click on any result , you are redirected to a new page. Now when you hit the back button of the browser , obviously all your controls are back to normal. All the data is lost and controls are in their normal set. I understand this is the expected AJAX behaviour. What is the best way to fix this ? I can do sessions but I dont want to create sessions for all the control...

Dynamic controls
hi  Today I started learning Web forms and I got somewhat stuck   1) Asp.net checks all the properties of all the controls on your page and if any properties have been changed, Asp.net saves those changes using view state. Thus, if we add new items to a HtmlSelect instance List1:   protected void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {        if (!Page.IsPostBack)       {              List1.Items.Add("Option 3"); &...

Going back to a control after post back?
I have a page that is quite long, so after each post back, user need to scroll back to that control, is that a way to tell the browser to goto that specific control after postback? I have tried to put an anchor <a name='foo'> in front of that control and use asp.net's [Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock] to insert a javascript location.href = '#foo' into the page, however, it didn't work with Netscape7 because somehow NS stop show the page after that piece of javascript is inserted to the page.......here is an example.... <html> <head> <script language='JavaScrip...

Control Property. Control or View State?
Hello, I am creating a control which I will compile in a class. I am having problems when I use a property in the View State:     ' Items     <Bindable(True), Category("Data"), DefaultValue(""), Localizable(True)> _     Property Items() As Generic.List(Of String)       Get         If ViewState("Items") Is Nothing Then           Return New Generic.List(Of String)         Else           Return ViewState("I...

Web resources about - how to save the View state and post back of ... - asp.net.presentation-controls

State of Search - Where Search and Social meet up
The fastest growing Search and Social blog covering strategy developments in search and social media

State of Web Type
“Up-to-date data on support for type and typographic features on the web.” Great resource for web developers. It’s disappointing how poorly ...

The State of Wikipedia
The State of Wikipedia explores the rich history and inner-workings of the web-based encyclopedia, alongside the site's 10-year anniversary. ...

Equipment of the United States Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Consists of a three-button coat, similar to that of a men's "sport jacket" (with silver "U.S." pins on the lapels), matching trousers, and either ...

Jakarta bombing: Attackers, civilians killed in blasts claimed by Islamic State, police say
Islamic State militants claim gun and bomb assault on Indonesia's capital that killed seven people, police say.

United States wants to spend $4 billion to develop autonomous cars
Filed under: Government/Legal , Autonomous The United States wants to spend $4 billion over the next decade to accelerate the development of ...

Without state tax incentives, Bezos' Blue Origin expansion could go elsewhere, president warns
... Bezos' Blue Origin rocket launch company plans to expand is manufacturing and research. But whether the company does that in Washington state ...

State of the CIO 2016: It's complicated
... is simple: Play an active role your company's business strategy. That's the message from the 571 executives surveyed for our 15th annual State ...

State Department Spokesman Embarrasses Fearmongering Fox & Friends Babblers
We have heard of the recent Persian Gulf incident, regarding the ten U.S. Navy sailors whose two boats accidentally drifted into Iranian waters ...

GOP State Senator Gets Rare Union Endorsement
GOP State Senator Gets Rare Union Endorsement