How to place in DataGrids’s first column table’s column name, in second Datagrid’s column table’s column value?

Hello I use C#. I’m interesting are there samples solved my problem.

Andrew.

0
AndrewNik

You will need to loop through the datasource of the datagrid or through the datagrid items and fetch the values for the second datagrid.
Sonu Kapoor [MVP]
Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum
0
SonuKapoor
10/13/2005 12:26:49 AM
Thank you! I solved my problem at the server cite.
Andrew.

0
AndrewNik

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

[*-)]how to delete all columns except one column for the corresponding column name......?
hi friends,          i've a table with (columns) username, content,data,........... i need to delete all column names(i.e.,content,data,........) except username for the specified username. eg: consider username=mahendran. i've to delete the values in the content,data,...............for the username=mahendran. but username should exist.how to do that?pls help me......  ---------------------------------------------------Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if you are satisfied. Use the following  DataTable.Columns.Rem...

How to find a data value of a column by column name?
I have a GridView and would like to access the data value of a certain data column. I know that I can access the column with the Cells property plus the index of the column. But I would rather access the column by its name since this is safer in case of row reordering. I there a way that I can do that? Or how can I get the index of a column by specifying the column name? AFAIK There's no direct way to access the GridView columns by name, but if you are using BoundFields (or others type of DataBoundField controls) you can make a method to return the index   ie: private int GetColum...

SqlBulkCopy: the locale id '0' of the source column '<column name> ' and the locale id '1033' of the destination column '<column name>' do not match.
Hi, I am using the sqlbulkcopy object to transfer large amount of data from one SQL server to Other. The code look like this.. SqlDataReader readerSrc = null;SqlBulkCopy bulkCopy = new SqlBulkCopy(connDest);//Prepare Destination Table.SqlCommand cmdDelete = new SqlCommand("DELETE FROM " + destTableName, connDest);//Set the sqlcommand textSqlCommand cmdGet = new SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM " + srcTableName, connSrc);//Open source connection.connSrc.Open();//Open destination connection.connDest.Open();int delete = cmdDelete.ExecuteNonQuery();//Get the data.readerSrc = cmdGet.ExecuteRead...

validation columns against column
Hi  Do anybody know some articles or codeexample of how to validate columns against a input Column. B can be > A and B can be < C. If you in row ID write 55 for Column_B, it must be reject.example:ID        column_A  Column_B   Column_C1              3               10             152         &...

Writing a column after column
Hi all, I need to consolidate columns of data available across different directories into a single excel csv file. Usually we write to a file row after row but for the current task I have, it would be convenient to write the file column after column. Is there a file writing mode for this? If not, I guess, I will have to write the matrix row by row and then take a transpose. Let me know what you guys think and if you could share some skeleton of code for something like this would be great. Thanks. -vijay vijay wrote: > I need to consolidate columns of data available acro...

Showing my own column names instead of database column names in datagridview-windows app. C#.net
HiI already bind a DataGridView to a databse. My DataGridView is showing column names as it is in the table. I want to show user-friendly column names in the grid instead of column names in the database table. Please help me in this reagard. Thanx in advance Your statement indicates to me that your columns are dynamically added to the grid, that's why it's showing the database column names. You can show user-friendly column names by changing your query like so: SELECT fName as 'First Name' FROM Users.DarmarkMark as Answer, if this reply answers your post. Go to "E...

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

get column value in DW expression without column name
Hi everyone! I've got a common experssion that I'd like to put on every bold column property: I'd like set the column font to bold if the previous column value is equal to the current. As I have many columns, even dynamic columns, I don't know their name in order to set an expression like this: "if (col_name = col_name[-1], ...)" So any idea? Hi Matthieu, get all object names using the expression "datawindow.objects", split this tab separated list into single object names, check every object wether it is a column using the expression &quo...

How to use a full column name (table name and column name) with a DataReader
Hi, I have a problem retrieving the data with a DataReader from a stored proc that performs a join of two table with the same column's names but different data. Let me explain with an example: I have two tables: Table1: Id, Name Table2: Id, Name, IdTable1 The sproc is something like this: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[SearchByName] (@Name nvarchar(40)) AS BEGIN SELECT * FROM dbo.Table1, dbo.Table2 WHERE Table1.Id = Table2.IdTable1 AND Table1.Name LIKE '%' + @Name + '%' END And my c# code is something like this: Database db = Databas...

in a grid how to find a particular column is bound column or template column
hi,  Any one know how to find a particular column is bound column or template column or button column,etc in a grid Advance thanks   hi...use this dim label1 as Label=ctype(GridView1.FindControl("name"),Label) Hope This HelpsBhaaratRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps UMy Blog find a particular column is bound column or template column no to find that particular column  Hi,please excuse me if iam wrong.i found that bount columns values are directly renders to a <td>  where template columns create some cont...

Setting Datagrid Column to invisible when Column is an AutoGeneratedColumn NOT a bound Column
Hi all, Just like the title says, I'm trying to set a column to invisible but I'm unable to do so. If I bound the column I can used the code: me.datagrid.Column.Item(1).Visible = False But since I'm wanting the column NOT to be bound (there are a number of sql scripts that populate the same datagrid so I cannot bound all the columns since the columns are different for each script etc etc etc) how do I set an AutoGeneratedColumn to invisible?? Please help! Andrewwww.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshot...

First Column and Checkbox Column in Datagrid
Hi, I have 2 questions about datagrid. 1) How do we display auto-number in first column ( # ) of the datagrid according to numbers of return rows from database table? For example:==============================#           Country Name           checkbox1              USA                       checkbox2  &nbs...

How do you get a column value from a gridview column
How do you get a column value from a gridview column in asp.net 3.5? I tried this but it does not work.Dim myRow As GridViewRowFor Each myRow In GridView1.Rows    Dim strTest As String = DataBinder.Eval(myRow.DataItem, "EmailSubject")Nextif I change the column to a Template field then EmailSubject = myRow.FindControl("EmailSubject") works but I was hoping for a more direct way of getting a column value EmailSubject = myRow.Cells(4).Text also works but is not flexible if I change the column orderThanks Craig Try: Dim strTest As String = CType(...

Web resources about - How to place in DataGrids’s first column table’s column name, in second Datagrid’s column table’s column value? - asp.net.presentation-controls