How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control

Hi,

I want to place a DataGrid control in a DataGrid control can any one plz tell me the procedure to place the control

Thanks in Advance

Krisamigo

0
krisamigo

<!---

<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List runat=server>

<Columns>

<asp:TemplateColumn>

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:DataGrid ID=dg_List2 Runat=server></asp:DataGrid>

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:TemplateColumn>

</Columns>

</asp:DataGrid>

--->

Hardik Joshi
0
tech2hardi

Control No of records in DataGrid control
Hi I am having more than 5000 records in the table. I had set page size:50, its loading 5000 records and showing 50 records... working fine. But my requirement is when page is loading i need to get only 50 letest records from the database. If user clicks on next it need to be connected to database and get next 50 records. How i can put pointer at 50 th record? Is there any way to do this???... plz help Top function wont work for me. Hope the problem is clear regards cnu The SQLDataAdapter can limit the rowsets in one of the Fill() method overloads. Check it out in the ...

datagrid control in to Tabstrip control .
i need to insert a datagrid in a tabstrip seperator. is this possible? and in what way . Do you really mean Tabstrip "Seperator"? Or are you just trying to insert a DataGrid into a TabStrip control? ...

Can you have a datagrid control inside of a repeater control. If so, how do you reference the datagrid in code behind
Hello, If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a repeater control and I want to place a datagrid inside of the repeater control's item template. The problem is, I don't know how to reference the datagrid control in the code behind. Also, can I bind data into the headertemplate of the repeater control such as a name. Actually I would only need a name. Don't know about GridView inside the Repeater, but did you thought about Repeater inside the Repeater?(Example below)  1 Protected Sub rptMain_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syst...

Finding controls in datagrid in user control
Hi, here's the scenario. I had a datagrid in a page, worked fine. I've moved the datagrid to a user control, and the update code I had does not work anymore.   In the datagrid, I have: OnUpdateCommand="update_user"   In the class for the user control, I have:   Protected Sub update_user(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)   then later, as part of a loop that cycles through the field names - data_field(x):   Dim drop_down As DropDownList = CType(e.Item.FindControl(data_field(x)), DropDownList)sql_comm.parameters.add("@" & data_...

Custom DataGrid control in user control
Hi there, I have created a custom datagrid control which i reference within a user control and it's corresponding code behind page. The problem I am encountering is that when I click on the paging buttons in the datagrid no event is fired, however if I reference the same control from a page everything works fine. I'm not sure where I am going wrong and would be greatful for any help that can be offered. I have not posted the code here as there is quite a lot although should anyone feel that it would be helpful in them coming to a solution I would be more than willing to do so. Cheer...

EditItemTemplate control = ItemTemplate control
Hi Friends! I have a CheckBoxList inside a DataGrid template column (ItemTemplate). When ItemDataBound event is raised, this CheckBoxList is populated. As follow bellow: Private Sub grdUsuarios_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles grdUsuarios.ItemDataBound If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then Dim chlFilaisUsuariosDGRow As CheckBoxList = e.Item.FindControl("chlFiliaisUsuario_EditItem") chlFilaisUsuariosDGRow...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Cannot access the controls of a page found in a datagrid control
Hello All,I am trying to access the RadioButtonList controls of an aspx page using this code: ..........................................................................................................Dim ctl As ControlDim answers As ArrayListFor Each ctl In Page.Controls(1).Controls   If TypeOf ctl Is RadioButtonList Then       If not CType(ctl, RadioButtonList).SelectedItem Is Nothing Then          Try          answers.Add(CType(ctl, RadioButt...

Accessing web controls from within a DataGrid control
Hi, Could someone tell me how to access other web controls from within a datagrid control? I have a ListBox control in a DataGrid, but can't figure out how to set the ListBox's datasource from the code behind. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks. With the DataGrid you have the ItemDataBound event, where you can find any web control that were added to it, for each row listed in the DataGrid. Ex: Private Sub DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles DataGrid1.ItemDataBound If e.Item....

Adding controls to a Custom DataGrid Server Control
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. I'm working on creating my own customized datagrid control. I've created a class which inherits "System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid" and when I add my new datagrid control library to my project it seems to work nicely. Now I want to add some submit buttons to appear at the bottom of my datagrid control. How do I do this? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie at server controls. Here's what I've tried: Public Class UberDataGrid Inherits DataGrid Private MyButton As Button ...

DataGrid and Controls within DataGrid
Ok, so I am totally beat  .  Noone was able to reply to my last topic regarding the complications I was running into with creating a DataGrid programmatically. (If curious, please find the last thread I created).  This is what I need to do: Page loads values into dropdownlist.  User selects a grade from this ddl.  Code takes value, queries the db, stores result in a datatable, dt.  Cool.  Now we bind data from this dt to the DataGrid, dgDataGrid.  The two items the db returns are 'Item Name' and 'Quantity'.  Please keep in mind ...

datagrid inherited control with datagrid
Hi, I want a control which has all the features of the datagrid control. So I Inherit from the datagrid control and get all the features. But now I also want to add two buttons with the same control. How can I do that ? Since the my control is inherited from datagrid and not from webControl class. Thanks,HighOnCodingWanna get high! ...

Web resources about - How to place a DataGrid Control with in a DataGrid Control - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject