How to get value from all controls in datalist?

I want to get the values from all controls in a datalist but I can't find the correct syntax for this. I have this code:

        Dim i As Integer
        Dim _item As DataListItem

        'Loop through datalist
        For i = 0 To DataList1.Items.Count - 1
            _item = DataList1.Items(i)
            Dim lbl As Label = _item.FindControl("lblAccountGroup")
        Next

I don't want to use FindControl. Instead I want to get the values from all controls without knowing there names.

Grateful for help!

/ S

0
Gato

How do I get get values of controls inside datalist?
How do I get values of controls inside datalist?   For example, if I have a label inside header template or item template or footer template? Is there anyway to change property of label or any other controls inside those template as well? I would really appreciate if anybody can just post a sample code or a helpful link about datalist? Would really like to know more about the events fired for datalist, itembound, itemcreating etc?   hey there,I used this page to work out how to use datalists http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d89d1d96-03f1-4784-bbb2-a3db1af...

problem using datalist / how to get value of a control from datalist
Hi all I have a datalist where i m having one linkbutton(where i display name of product ) when i retrive data in datalist on page load there are many rows in datalist.... what i wnat is i want details of the product in OTHER.ASPX on click of linkbutton which is in datalist  can anyone pls help me out....???     Vimal insstead of using link button and use link that will open a new window with Other.aspx and passing a query string like this <a href="other.aspx?productId=<%Container.DataItem("[ur product id fieldname in db]") %>YasserSpica.www...

Control.Value and Control.SelectedItem.Value
Can someone explain to me the difference between say, Dropdownlist.SelectedItem.Value and Dropdownlist.SelectedValue?? Just curious, Thanks!Tim These are going to return the same thing. dropdownlist.selectedvalue is a shortcut to get the currently selected value in the dropdown. If that is all you want then you can just use that. If you want to access the currently selected item you can use dropdownlist.selecteditem and that return the item and you can then access any of the item's properties, including in this case the value property. If this post answered your question please r...

datalist get control value
I have the following datalist: <asp:DataList id="dlMedia" runat="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="5" DataKeyField="MediaID" OnItemCommand="dlMedia_ItemCommand" OnUpdateCommand="dlMedia_UpdateCommand"> <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /> <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="alternatingphoto" />  <ItemTemplate>   <span class="normaltext">    <asp:Label ID="lblPhotoTitle" runat="ser...

Help getting control name and value of dynamic controls
I have an application which creates a dynamic form consisting of an html table with web controls in the page. I need a user to be able to fill in this form and then grab the values of each control and save both the control name and the control value to a database. This is the Code that I have Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load If not ispostback then Dim infotable As New Table Dim objparticipant As New Participants.ParticipantInfo Dim objCustomFields As New CustomFieldController Dim TypeId As Intege...

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

getting values insided datalist control
 Hi I have to get values from the asp:datalist through onUpdateCommand .My controls e.g. text box is lying inside the itemtemplate. And I have a link button to which I have assigned update command. How can I get values from text boxes. I am using <asp:Textbox />thanks  protected void ddlist_UpdateCommand(object source, DataListCommandEventArgs e) {  textbox txt=new textbox(); txt=(textbox)e.item.findcotrol("u r textbox id");  string str=txt.text; }happy codingLive and Let Live Thanks for reply. This works for me.But how to update the values insi...

How to get the value hidden control of user control in .aspx page
How to get the value hidden control of user control in .aspx page   Thanks srinivas  If its a server control (runat attribute = server) and its markup starts with <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField1">, you can just call HiddenField1.Value to get the value stored in it. Even if your hidden field is not a standard asp.net control you can still retrieve the value provided the runat attribute is set to server.Hope this helps programming blog Use <%=testhid.ClientId%>For example getting a reference to the object would look like:var testid = document...

DataList control inside another dataList control...
one of my aspx page requires to display data from a master table and show another set of data inside each row from a child table i tried by putting a datalist another datalist but could not make it i get errors :: CODE :: Dim ObjChildRental As DataList() Dim StrRentalSql As String = "select rentalid,startdate,enddate,amount,lookup.lookupname as curr from rental inner join lookup on lookup.lookupid=rental.currencyid where rental.propertyid=1" ObjChildRental = DLPropertyMaster.FindControl("dlpropertymaster:_ctl0:dlrental") M.BindDataList(ObjChild...

Web resources about - How to get value from all controls in datalist? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Email Domain Datalist Helper
What if someone signs up for your web app and they type in their email address as susan_smith@gmaoil.com? They don't notice, they never get their ...

South-west Marine Reserves Network - Resources
[toc on_off::hide=0 on_off::automatic=0 on_off::min_limit=5 box::title=Contents box::minlevel=2 box::maxlevel=2 box::hide_show=1 box::collapsed=1 ...

HTML5无障碍支持解决方案
工作正在进行中:实例解决方案 返回 表的图例 & 说明: “不支持" - 意味着如果提供有建设性意义的变通方案仍不能被浏览器支持。 “部分支持” - 意味着建设性意义的变通方案在浏览器中提供一些无障碍支持。 “没实现” - 意味着新特性在浏览器中仍然没有实现。 “支持” - means ...

銆婄函鐪熺殑骞翠唬銆嬬1闆哶楂樻竻鍦ㄧ嚎瑙傜湅_鏂版氮澶х墖_鏂版氮缃?/title>
... 鏂扮櫧鍙戦瓟濂充紶 鏄庢湞澶╁惎鍥涘勾锛屽箍鍏冨湴鍖鸿繛骞撮ゥ鑽?.. 娓╁窞涓€瀹朵汉 銆婃俯宸炰竴瀹朵汉銆嬩互涓€鎴锋櫘閫氫汉瀹剁殑... 闃垮浣块亾浼?/a> 銆婇樋濞樹娇閬撲紶銆嬩互鏈濋矞鏃朵唬涓鸿儗鏅?.. 鐑棬瑙嗛 姝e湪鍔犺浇...璇风◢绛墌 ${++dataList_index} ...

Adactio: Journal
The thoughts and ramblings of Jeremy Keith, a web developer living in Brighton in southern England.

datalist experiment
demo implementation of datalist element

Issues for pfeldman - Code Review
Keyboard Shortcuts File u : up to issue m : publish + mail comments M : edit review message j / k : jump to file after / before current file ...

Google’s new Chrome Beta 24 is 26% faster than last year’s browser
... the Octane Javascript benchmark. For developers, there are tons of new features in Chrome Beta 24 including new un-prefixed APIs, MathML, datalist ...

Accessible Mozilla: Firefox 24
Alex's blog Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Here's a list of Firefox 24 (currently Aurora ) improvements for assistive technology. ARIA We supported ...

Google Chrome 24 Released, Claims 26% Speed Improvement
Google today released a new version of its browser. On the Octane benchmark, this version is claimed to have 26% speed improvement over the last ...