How to get the text of textbox(the textbox inside a datagrid) by using a javascript function

Hi there,

I have a datagrid in my web application. Inside the datagrid, I have web controls such as dropdownlist and textbox. Everytime I change selection of dropdownlist I want use a javascript function to get the value of dropdownlist and text in textbox. How can I do that?

Thanks

Colin

0
colin88kang

Hello,

Getting the value of the DDL (DropDownList) is not really a problem . The textbox on the other hand might be.

In your Page_Load event Handler you can add theses lines to add an event handler to the DDL in the Client side:

myDDL.Attributes.Add("OnChange", "myDDLEventHandler(this)").

where myDDL is your DropDownList, if you don't see it server side, you might want to use FindControl in your GridRow to find it.

next step. the javascript:
<script language="javascript">
    function myDDLEventHandler(sender)
    {

       var mVar = sender.value;
       alert(mVar);

    }
</script>

 Now for the textbox, if you are in a content page , the id of your texbox , is not going to be "txtbox" if that's how you named it. it will be a combination of  a couple of other strings before..

if you could give me your .aspx code i can answer accuretly what that name would be and how to get the rest.

Hope it helps!

Still in search of the far side.
--------------------------------
A code snippet may help you, but a reference to the doc will teach you something for later...Don't just try to solve somebody's problem with a snippet, teach him how to solve it.
0
zaladane

How to get the Value from the Textbox ?Textbox is created by using add control function.
  Dim textWG As New HtmlInputText textWG.text="Wage Rate" textWG.ID = "txtWG" me.control.add(textWG) i write this code at form load.moreover this form have one save button to save the value from the "txtWG" to database this textbox will be appear when form finish load.but after click save button the value cant be save into database. tat textbox become empty when user click the save button. how can i get the value from that textbox ? Please advice me.Thank you You are using a HTML control and by default, HTML controls dont have a mechanism to pres...

how to add numbers in a any data control (Datagrid,DataList,Repeater) having textbox controls using Javascript?
hi,       i have a data control either(DataList,Grid, Repeater) having 3 textboxes row wise and column wise. I need to add the numbers inside the textbox using javascript in onclient Change or blur event .Anybody know how to do this ? pls give sample code.  javascript:var mygrid = document.getElementById('<%= MyGrid.ClientID %>'); var arrinputs = mygrid.getElementsByTagName("input"); for(var i = 0; i < arrinputs.length; i++) { if(arrinputs[i].type == "text") { // you have a text box now enter in value ...

get text from textbox inside datagrid!
hi everybody I have a textbox in Datagrid ' > and i want to get text from this textbox on Button Click Event foreach(DataGridItem xItem in DGUpdateStudents.Items) { clsobj.StudentId = DGUpdateStudents.DataKeyField[xItem.ItemIndex]; clsobj.ForeName=(String) ((TextBox)xItem.FindControl("TxtForeName")).Text; } no error but doesnot return text from textbox like if enter ...

Using the Textbox.Text on Dynmaicly Created Textboxes in VB.Net
I found a script that i modified to create textbox fields Dynamicly.  I am now faced with the delimia of figuring out a way to pull the data in those dynamicly created fields.  Since they are not defined, I have not found a way to use a variable to pull the data. Here is the code .aspx   <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="DynamicTextboxes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DynamicTextboxes" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-tr...

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

datagrid with textboxes inside datagrid inside datagrid
Anyone an idea how to create a Hierarchical data inputform? I was trying to figure it out with a datagrid but anyone a better idea?...

How to use JavaScript to validate TextBox inside DetailsView control?
I'm following up on this thread with a little twist. My TextBox and Lable are inside the DetailsView control in the Edit mode. The following code is what I have to access the TextBox and Lable in the DetailsView edit mode.1 if (dtvJobEditDetails.CurrentMode == DetailsViewMode.Edit) 2 { 3 TextBox txtQualification = (TextBox)dtvJobEditDetails.FindControl("txtQualify"); 4 Label lblCharLeft = (Label)dtvJobEditDetails.FindControl("lblCharacterLeft"); 5 txtQualification.Attributes.Add("onKeyDown", "JavaScript: return textCounter(this, '" + lblCharLeft.ClientID + "'...

How to get the id of textbox ( inside the Datalist ) using javascript
Hi All, I have datalist with textbox and dropdown controls. how to get the id of textbox using javascript. please anyone can suggest me.   Thanks Srinivas Ch   use thisfunction getVal() {var datalist = document.getElementById('<%=DataList1.ClientID%>').childNodes[0]; var tb = datalist.getElementsByTagName("input"); for (var i=0;i<tb.length;i++) { //TextBoxif (tb[i].type=="text") { alert(tb[i].value); }  //DropDownif (tb[i].type=="select") { alert(tb[i].options[tb[i].selectedIndex].value); } } }...

Clear TextBox inside User Control using Javascript
Hello experts I have an asp.net textbox and a button inside a user control.The problem is how can i clear textbox using JAVASCRIPT  on button click inside USER CONTROL i am using the following code function Clear(){document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = "";} <asp:Button ID="ClearButton" runat="server" Style="position: static" Text="Button" OnClientClick="Clear(); return false;" /> The above code is working fine if the textbox and button control are declared in ASPX page but not when the User Cont...

Calling Javascript function via datagrid textbox using onkeyup
How can i use the following javascript function with a asp.net textbox under itemtemplate datagrid calling via onkeyup event:*************************************************************************************function isValidNumber(val){      if(val==null){return false;}      if (val.length==0){return false;}      var DecimalFound = false      for (var i = 0; i < val.length; i++) {            var ch = val.charAt(i)   &nb...

Highlighting(chaning the color) the part of the text in textbox using javascript or vb.net
Hi Frnds, Please can u help me how to Highlighting(chaning the color) the part of the text in textbox  using javascript or vb.net suppose in my text box some words like HAPPY,UNHAPPY,...I have to find those words and highlight measn changing the background color of  those words.. How to do this using javascript or vb.net please can u help me out.. ThanksSandhya I think you will need to use DIV with runat="server". then you can easily insert html text in it. You may use it in following wayDim t As String = "Its really working! I am HAPPY"t = t.Replace(&qu...

I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control)
I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control) on button click. Button is inside the datalist, Outside repeater.  Depending on datalist "groupId" Repeater is loding and from the repeater i want the value of "Textqty". This is my code <asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" class="SubContentSearch" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" Width="496px" DataKeyField="id"><ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="groupIdLabel" runat="server" Te...

How to get the value from a textbox of a datagrid template column while in edit mode using client javascript
Hi, I have added a template column to my datagrid, and in EditItemTemplate tags i am displaying an asp textbox <EditItemTemplate> <asp:TEXTBOX id=TextBox1 Text='<%# Container.DataItem("MyDataField) %>' Runat="server"></asp:TEXTBOX> </EditItemTemplate> i need to get the value of the textbox using a client side scripting language like Javascript. i tried the document.forms[0].TextBox1.value option but does not work I need a solution for this Waiting for replies. i'm trying to figure out the same thing, my current m...

Web resources about - How to get the text of textbox(the textbox inside a datagrid) by using a javascript function - asp.net.presentation-controls

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...