how to do paging on client side

how can i do paging on client side in datagrid in asp .net
i have done paging but it post back to server ,
how can i make paging on client side
0
tech2hard
9/19/2005 5:26:32 AM
asp.net.presentation-controls 72751 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There is no built-in featrue to do that, you will have to write some javascrit code.
One way of doing this would be implementing ItemDataBound (or looping through the Items collection of the datagrid once it has been databound) and hiding the items outside of the 1st page plus creating an array containing the IDs of the table rows. Then you'll write a javascript that will hide all the items in a grid but those corresponding to the page number passed as a parameter.
Last spep would be either implementing Next/Prev buttons simply incrementing the current page index and calling that javascript function or building a set of hyperlinks which will call the function without creating a request.

Cheers

Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger

How to set the value to the hidden control in the child page from the client-side of the parent page
Hi All,     I need to set the value in the hidden input control (which i have used in the child page) from the parent page. I don't want to use session, since i want to set it from the client-side of the parent page and i have to access the value in the server-side of the child page. I tried using javascript but the value didnt get set. I'm in need of a solution urgently. Thanks & Regards Aishwaria hello my friend, My suggestion is using querystring to send the value to the child page code sample parent page    <input id="Button1" type="button" v...

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Wanted: Client side Data Repeater control with Paging
Hi,For some context to my question. I did the following using ASP.NET and Atlas:1. Webpage shows bound data (from a dataset) in data repeater control2. I used the System.Web.PagedDataSource to implement paging using the data repeater control3. I store the dataset in a session object so that I don't have to round-trip to the database for each paging request4. use ATLAS to prevent the page to repaint for each paging request I love the simplicity of this implementation and the amount of freedom in look and feel. However I would prefer not to use the session object, it would be great if...

Client Side Events In HTML Page with .NET VB Class
Hi Im new to .NET so please excuse me. Ive been scratching my head for a week now trying to convert some code from VB6 to .NET I have currently this code in HTML <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <title>Default</title> <META content="VBScript" name="vs_defaultClientScript"> <META content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" name="vs_targetSchema"> <META content="Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0" name=...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

server side or client side page?
a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?it seems to me that in asp.net everthing is server side, where are the client side pages?thanks The sp is server side, but the validation can be on or the other, depending on how it's coded.ASP.Net has it's validations, so it's server side when using them.But you can also make validations via JavaScript, so that would be client side.Zath but the validation controls (like RequiredFiledValidator) is a client side va...

powerupasp.net treeview control & client-side population
Anybody ever used this treeview control? I'm using it in some custom modules and I'd like to use its client-side population of nodes ability, like on the msdn site. The treeview control uses a javascript xmlhttp object to callback to an aspx page to get the data to fill the opened node, but of course in dnn, the modules that contain the actual treeview are dynamically loaded, so it won't naturally work. Also, I would want the out of band request from the xmlhttp object to get authorized just like any regular request to a dnn site from a browser. Any ideas on how to implement this? Core ...

How to raise a client-side event from a user control to the consuming page ?
Hi How do I raise a client-side event from a user control to the consuming page? Example:- I have a UserControl which has a dropdown (with autopostback 'false') and has a client-side event for the dropdown "onchange". I want to do some basic things (lets call this script block as 'A') in the 'onchange' as a user control owner and then raise (publish) an event to any consumer of this user control. The consumer of the control then subscribes to this event and does anything he wants to accomplish (lets call this script block as 'B'). Ultimately both s...

XMLHTTP in .Net
I'm trying to convert an ASP page that uses XMLHTTP. At first I removed the XMLHTTP code and used regular server side code. Now I'm finding the XMLHTTP code (or something like it) might be needed. The situation is that the page has a lot of data on it in text boxes and drop down lists and response is very slow each time we send data back and forth to the server. On the ASP page the XMLHTTP was used to limit the trips to the server and the amount of data sent back and forth. It was used in client side code to do things like populate a drop down list when the value in a different drop down ...

Web resources about - how to do paging on client side - asp.net.presentation-controls

Paging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer operating systems , paging is one of the memory-management schemes by which a computer can store and retrieve data from secondary ...

Gang Gang: Paging Harry Hockley, the hero of Queanbeyan's 1915 fatal fire
On August 26, 1915, Harry Hockley ran into a burning house in Queanbeyan and snatched an 18-month-old child to safety. The child, Eunice Freebody, ...

Cloud-Paging Start-Up Numecent Emerges From Stealth, Spins Off Gaming Unit Approxy
... I’m told there are 107 individual shareholders in the company. So what does Numecent’s Technology do? It calls its technology “cloud paging,” ...

Paging Orwell
Robert Colls, who recently wrote a book on the author, sighs , “Orwell, you should be living at this hour”: A medium ranking, 30 something year ...

Plex For iOS Updated With Paging Support, Remote Playback Feature And More
... rated companion app to the media server of the same name, has just received a notable update. Most notably, Plex has been updated with paging ...

Paging Dr. Wasteland: One man's crusade to heal Day Z's zombie victims
I would have to travel for two days to reach Dr. Wasteland, M.D. He wanted someplace remote. I couldn’t imagine a better place than the abandoned ...

Paging Mr. Vader: Gemballa creates the Mirage GT Matte Edition
Gemballa Mirage GT Matte Edition Click above for a high-res galleryFirst, there was the Gemballa Mirage GT Carbon Edition, soon followed by the ...

Paging Jesus Christ in Terminal 3
[caption id="attachment_63964" align="alignleft" width="392"] Are you there, Jesus? A floor tile at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. ...

Dr. Kasich, paging Dr. Kasich
We’ve talked about this before, but I think it’s important, so I wanted to raise it again. From Plunderbund: John Kasich is just optimistic ...