How to Display Repeater control like table with rows and columns

I am getting display of repeater Items like

Name
Address

Name
Address

Name
Address

Name
Address...................Like this 50 in number

So I want display to look like

Name            Name      Name
Address      Address     Address

Name            Name      Name
Address      Address     Address

Name            Name      Name
Address      Address     Address

My code is:

 <asp:Repeater ID="Rep1" runat="server" OnItemCommand="Rep1_ItemCommand" >
<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Literal ID="Name" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name")%>'></asp:Literal>
<asp:Literal ID="address"  runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Address")%>' runat="server" > </asp:Literal>

</ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

0
Charmy3

I'd suggest changing from a Repeater to a DataList - then you have a property called repeatcolumns

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
1/20/2009 8:11:20 PM

Hey I replied you.I posted two posts by mistake.

I am closing this one.

You can reply on another one.

0
Charmy3
1/20/2009 8:23:32 PM

waiting for solution (Sad

0
Charmy3
1/21/2009 7:59:27 PM

Hey all, I used

<asp:Literal ID="Name" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name")%>'></asp:Literal>
<asp:Literal ID="address"  runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Address")%>' runat="server" > </asp:Literal>

0
Charmy3

Display Repeater like table of rows and columns
I am getting display of repeater Items like NameAddress NameAddress NameAddress NameAddress...................Like this 50 in number So I want display to look like Name            Name      NameAddress      Address     Address Name            Name      NameAddress      Address     Address Name       &nb...

Group multiple table rows into columns of a datalist or repeater control
i have the following table:id quantity desc1 5 desc11 3 desc21 2 desc32 4 desc12 3 desc23 6 desc13 7 desc2and this table could have 1 or multiple records with the same id, and what i need to do is display the quantity and desc of ID 1's rows in a column in the datalist and then ID 2's rows in another column in the datalist and 3 in a 3rd column and so ondoes anybody know if there is a way to accomplish this???Could the "ExtractTemplateRows" property used in some way to make this happen? or is this possible with and other control?...

masterpage and control formatting (table control, HTML table control)
I have a master page that contains 1 contentplaceholder.  In my default.aspx (that uses the masterpage layout) I have a table server control.  During page_load I get the data I need and repeatedly add the usercontrol to the table control, one user control per row.  My user control is basically a HTML table with several rows and columns that's populated with data upon creation. I want this table to fill the contentplaceholder's width. In addition within the masterpage I have a CSS link for my stylesheet. Here are my questions: Is there a better way of adding ...

Repeater control in another repeater control

How to insert any control like link button into web table control
Thanks You can't add a web control to a Table Control, because it is not right... You have to create a TableCell, insert it into a TableRow... The TableRow goes into the Table. Your data (controls, text, etc) goes into the TableCell (just as the TDs in an HTML). Example: //Create Row and Cell TableRow tr = new TableRow (); TableCell tc = new TableCell(); //add the link button TO THE CELL; LinkButton lb = new LinkButton (); lb.Text = "This"; tc.Controls.Add (lb); //add the cell to the row and the row to the table tr.Cells.Add (tc); Tab...

Repeater control
Hi all I'm binding a Repeater control to a dataset.  for each row in the dataset I then generate a textbox and a label.  the label displays the title of the item in the datarow fo the dataset.  the textbox should be used so that the users can enter a criteria against the item. When the user submits the page, I need to retrieve the values entered in the textboxes and match them back up with the appropriate item from the dataset. I can't see anyway of doing this? here's some code...the repeater sits inside a table which is why there are <tr> and <td> ...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

displaying difference of two columns in repeater control
how to display the difference of two coulmns having float values in a repeater control? Hi,You can get the difference from sql query like : select (a-b) as result.Then you can bing the same column field in Repeater control. Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves the problem.Because It helps others to find the solution. Mohammad Hussainhttp://mohdhussain.blogspot.com/ Hi,There is many way to do this... 1) Using foreach {} loop you go through each and every column and in that loop write business logic such that when wanted two column value get sum. Value of the cell is ret...

Repeater control in a composite control...
How do I put a repeater control in a composit control. Currently, I putting textbox, dropdowns, etc. There is a very small different between the dropdownlist and repeater if both of then are databound. Basically, all you need to cater for is databinding of the Repeater during the databinding of your composite control BugBug [MCSD]...

Get control in repeater control
Dear all, I want to use HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell in repeater control but i cant not access it,  in my table in Repeater Control,  i have 2 "td" which on page_load, i want to show only 1 of them depend on condition given. But i cant do it. This is my code : <asp:repeater id="repeaterViewNew" runat="server">                   <HeaderTemplate>                      <table width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">   &...

refering to controls in a repeater control
Hey, (this is an example situation) I have a repeater control which displays a textbox. As the repeater control is 'run' when the page is loaded. I'd like to give a unique id to each textbox. ie: name1, name2, name3, name4 etc. And I'd also like to store the number of times the repeater control is 'iterated' through. I imagine the best way to store the number of times is to either return a values with my select query (Stored Procedure), or to increment a cached int each time I run through the repeater control. How would I assign a 'unique' id to each textbox? Thanks ...

Validation controls displayed over other controls
Does anyone know of away to display a validation control on top of a dropdownlist? Or any other ideas on how to display an error message on top of a dropdownlist. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too deep in programming. Hi, first of all, most people are used to see validation controls, being it either in a web application or a winforms application, right of the control that needs attention. Being said that you could use the z-index of CSS to display a <span> or <div> tag above your control and put the validation control inside that html tag that you display above y...

Responding to control in Repeater Control
I'm attempting to respond to events by a dropdownlost/checkbox/radiobutton and I am having trouble getting the code to do this to work. For the aspx file I have tried setting the function to call in the dropdownlist in the OnSelectedIndexChanged property yet. That causes the module to have an unhandled error when I attempt to view it. This also happens when I put it in the repeater controls OnItemCommand="SetNewUpline", the module becomes unloadable. My function looks like         private void SetNewUpline(object sender, RepeaterCommandEventArgs e) ...

Web resources about - How to Display Repeater control like table with rows and columns - asp.net.presentation-controls

Repeaters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kyle Halsted, Sonia Logan, and Michael Weeks are inmates at a rehabilitation facility. Bob Simpson, the administrator, tasks them with apologizing ...

Repeater Locator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Repeater Locator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Consumers warned to beware of illegal mobile phone repeaters
Use of devices sold online as legitimate solution is in fact dangerous and can land you in jail, regulator warns.

Grim repeater: HIV on the rise
CANDLES flicker in the chilly night air as Jesse Hooper appears on the giant cinema screen overlooking Melbourne&#8217;s Federation Square. He&#8217;s ...

Telstra suspects underbelly of illegal repeaters
'Tens' busted each year. Telstra engineers suspect a "vast" undercurrent of illegal repeaters are causing issues for the carrier's Next G mobile ...

Hands on: Cel-Fi mobile repeater
If your home is a mobile blackspot then a Cel-Fi mobile repeater might help you stay connected.

Amped Wireless R20000G, SR20000G, and UA2000: Routers, Repeaters, and Adapters
... and throughput when pointed at your wireless router/access point. Rounding out the review, Amped sent a third product, their SR20000G repeater, ...

Extending your network's range with a wireless repeater
... your cable modem has to live on one end of your house, leaving the other far away from your wireless signal. That's where a wireless repeater ...

Brooke Mueller, Lindsay Lohan, Demi Moore: Celebrity Rehab Repeaters (PHOTOS)
Brooke Mueller is off the wagon again, shockingly returning to rehab for the 19th time. Although that number is extreme, rehab has unfortunately ...

Computer networking: wireless networks (wifi), routers, repeaters & more - CNET Reviews
Computer networking reviews and ratings, video reviews, user opinions, most popular network hardware, wireless network buying guides, prices, ...