How to display column total of numeric columns in the datagrid footer

I able to connect Datagrid control to ADO.Net for pulling data. But I can not able to display total of a numeric field column in the Datagrid footer. Is it possible? How? Please tell me any one.
0
bikash_mahato

Hi, please read up Displaying Column Summary Information in the Footer and HOW TO: Create a Summary Row for a DataGrid in ASP.NET

Hope this helps..
Alvin Chooi
Microsoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia
Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com
0
alvinz_c

How to subtract two numeric columns(bound) of a Datagrid and display the result in the third column?
Hi Everyone,I  have two numeric columns(databound-coming from SQL database) in my datagrid, 'PromoPrice' & 'CostPrice'. I need to calculate 'PromoPrice- CostPrice' and display the result in the third datagrid column. i.e.: column2-column1 = column3Any help anyone...Many Thanks in advance,Nico. In your query do this:Select .... , (PromoPrice - CostPrice) AS Answer, .....FROM yourTableKeep in mind you can do math functions in queries.DarmarkMark as Answer, if this reply answers your post. Hi Darmark, thanks for your fast answer.The fact is I'm using a single "select function"...

Totaling a column in the datagrid (column is a TimeSpan)
Here is the problem... I have one column in my datagrid that is the TimeSpan of two other columns... Cell 3 is an "in" time, cell 4 is an "out" time and cell 5 is the TimeSpan. I want to add a label control to the page that adds up all of the TimeSpan rows. Normally (if the column was a price or other int) I could use the OnItemDataBound and sum it up, but the format of the TimeSpan (hh:mm:ss) is throwing it all off... I have tried to just add them, but it just adds the strings together - not much help. I have also tried to use the SubString method and t...

How to display the sum of a column at the footor of the datagrid column
HI, Any idea how I can display the Sum of any column at the Footor of that Column. HighOnCodingWanna get high! Hi, Take a look @ Displaying Column Summary Information in the Footer HTH K B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates....

column header to span two columns in a datagrid display
Is it possible for a column header to span two columns? If so how would this be done? Thanks In the ItemDataBound (or ItemCreated) check if Item is of type Header and if so - define the colspan property of the Cell object which you want to define the Colspan for and delete the next Cell from hte DataGridItem CheersBug [MCSD] Is it possible to span header column in design view only. using some kind of CSS. I'm using ASP,NET 3.5 and GridView...

display the sum of two datagrid columns into third column
hi... there..     i have a datagrid with columns named Price ,Quantity and total. now in the total column i  wanna display the prices which comes by multiplyiing the price and quantity (like  total=Price * quantity). I'm workin in asp.net +vb.net.                     may i knw hw can i do this.. plz write the code.. thanks.         Hi, do like this..suppose u have,        string ProductPrice = ...

How do I total the column of a datagrid, in VB.net ?
  Hey Everybody... I have 1 column in my datagrid that needs to be added up to get the total.  The column is called "TotalMoney". I use VB.NET for code behind....   would someone give me an overview as to how I can do this ? I don't need the result in the footer or anything like that,  I just need to be able to show the value on a Label somewhere on the page.    **********************Newbie 4-Eva  Dim adpt As SqlDataAdapter        Dim dt As DataTable        Dim total As Int3...

Need to display total of a column in a datagrid
Hi there, I have situation to display the total/sum of a coumn in a datagrid. and i try doing it using Itemdatabound event. Other than this total i have some thing to display before i bind the to the grid. I am fine with the rest of the stuff but when i code like below Dim variance As Integer = Convert.ToInt16(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "Variance")) TotalVariance += Convert.ToInt16(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "Variance")) in the itemdatabound it says input string was not in a correct format. I am not sure if i am doing some thing wron...

How to display column totals in Gridview footer
Gridview1 displays records from an Access database.  I compute the sum of the data in field xxx in Gridview1.RowDataBound event by using Databinder.Eval(e.Row.DataItem, "xxx") to get the data item and then add it to a Totalxxx variable.  When the Gridview_Databound event fires, the variable Totalxxx has the desired total value, and I can display it in a separate Label control.  However, I would like to display it in the Gridview1 footer in same column as where the data came from.  I can specify static text for the footer column, but haven't been able to figure out how to ...

Displaying image in a column of a datagrid control
Hi Experts, How can i display an image in a column of a datagrid control? On clicking that image i want to redirect to another screen based on the row selected. Also how should i open an popup screen by clicking the hyperlink column of a datagrid control. It is similar to a message board forum.(viewing all the messages posted with details) Thanks in advance. Hi, you can take a look at this article. There are many others around when you google for it. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Need to display total of a column in a datagrid
Hi there, I have situation to display the total/sum of a coumn in a datagrid. and i try doing it using Itemdatabound event. Other than this total i have some thing to display before i bind the to the grid. I am fine with the rest of the stuff but when i code like below Dim variance As Integer = Convert.ToInt16(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "Variance")) TotalVariance += Convert.ToInt16(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "Variance")) in the itemdatabound it says input string was not in a correct format. I am not sure if i am doing some thing wrong. Below is...

How to Displaying the Sum of a Column in the Datagrid Footer
Hi all. Im need Displaying the Sum of a Column in the Datagrid Footer, but the property AutoGenerateColumns is True. ¿How to do This? Thanks to all. Mauricio Villagrán Try this: <asp:label id="lblClaimTotal" runat="server" ></asp:label> <asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" runat="server" AllowPaging="False" DataKeyField="ID" OnItemDataBound="grid_ItemDataBound" > and in the code behind page 'Routine to highlight selected grid row. And to show total of claim amount colum...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

Setting Datagrid Column to invisible when Column is an AutoGeneratedColumn NOT a bound Column
Hi all, Just like the title says, I'm trying to set a column to invisible but I'm unable to do so. If I bound the column I can used the code: me.datagrid.Column.Item(1).Visible = False But since I'm wanting the column NOT to be bound (there are a number of sql scripts that populate the same datagrid so I cannot bound all the columns since the columns are different for each script etc etc etc) how do I set an AutoGeneratedColumn to invisible?? Please help! Andrewwww.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshot...

how to pull several columns info from db then display them as one column in datagrid?
I have difficulty to gether several columns info from db to display them as one column in datagrid. say I have a table which has columns: "name", "street", "address", "city", "state", "zip", "status", Ex: I want to pull "street address", "city", "State", and "zip" from that table then diaplay them as one column "Address" in the datagrid so that the datagrid will only have 3 columns to display --"Name", "Address" and "Status". How do I do it...

Web resources about - How to display column total of numeric columns in the datagrid footer - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject