How to delete controls in GridView when the delete button in a row is clicked

Hi,

I am having issues with my gridview.....i added 2 dropdown and 2 compare validators....whenever i delete a row though......the dropdown and compare validators are becoming null........thus when i click a button, it is still validating.............anyway to delete this when i click the delete button or even handle?

Please help.

0
punyenye
3/24/2008 4:23:45 PM
asp.net.presentation-controls 72751 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to determine the row number when clicking a delete button I added to a template column from a GridView control???
Hello all,I am working using the codebehinde the page with VB.NET 2005 (web application).  I have a gridview where I added a template column, inside that templated column I added a delete button.  I would like to know how could I determine which row number corresponds to the clicked button so I can delete the current record.This is what I have: Protected Sub LinkButtonDelete_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Try Dim cmd As SqlCommand Dim objConnection As SqlConnection objConnection = New SqlConnecti...

Delete Control Button in Gridview Row at RowDataBound
I'd like to Delete a Control Button in a Gridview Row at RowDataBound, based on certain criteria.  I can locate the control during the event routine, but:Set = nothing gives "read only"Dispose =  has no effect Any suggestions on how I might be able to delete this button in this situation would be appreciated.Thanks!(PS:  one alt is to ADD the button in row created under the opposite criteria...I was hoping the get the above approach to work first, since it allows vanilla generation of the button.)  got it...in RowDatabound....If e.Row.RowType = D...

In a gridview, can I programatically control display of edit/delete buttons for selected row?
Hi there, I'm sure this is something fairly straight forward but I'm only just getting used to working with gridviews so please help me, I am displaying the select button on my gridview, and on the SelectedIndexChanged event I would like to add (or make visible) the edit and delete buttons just for the selected row - can I do this?  All help appreciated, JoH are you using template field with button / link button for edit or delete button  ?Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me ...

Adding data to gridview from two textboxes and then deleting them by delete button in each gridview row.
Hi, my app has 2 textboxes if i enter data and click add button they shud be added to gridview with 2 columns ex: custid from txtbox1 ... and custname frm txtbox2 added to gridview   with columns custid and custname then    foreach row a delete button shud appear in gridview and on clicking it shud delete the row can any one send me code for dis   thanks in advance Hi, In your Button Click Event write this code. DataControlField dCusId; DataControlField dCustName; dCusId.HeaderText = textbox1.text; dCustName.HeaderText = textbox2.text Gridv...

Delete a Row From A GridView Control
Well it is not just an ordinary delete. I have a Gridview which I populated manually. Then I need to delete a row which will be selected using a checkbox inside the gridview. I cant seem to find the way to just remove the specific row. I have already taken the rowIndex, but Gridview doesnt seem to allow me to delete a row unless I remove from a dataset or so. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks - Mike use the property "DataKeyName" of the GridView. get the index and delete/remove the perticular row which you got through datakeyname property. and again bind your GridView. Thanx, [K...

How to delete row from GridView control
Hello,  I am working on an ASP.NET 2.0 app, and I am trying to wire up a "Delete" button to a gridview control on a form. Here is the code for the ASP :  <asp:GridView ID="gvInConditions" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="true" OnRowDeleting="gvInConditions_RowDeleting" DataKeyNames="Condition_ID" >         <Columns>                <asp:CommandField ButtonType="Button" SelectText=&...

Click DELETE button on gridview, postback happens delete does not.
Here is the code: This was working, now its not. I click the delete button on a gridview tied to the datasource that has a delete command defined and nothing happens. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"> <Columns> <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" /> <asp:CommandField ShowDeleteButton="True" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="bdo_id" HeaderText="Username" S...

Controlling Access to the Delete Button on a Gridview
I have a gridview form that my client would like for me to delete who can delete from that form to just her.  Is there a way that I can turn on or off the Delete Button based on a role or on the user log on?  I am using ASP2.0.  Thanks... use something like this: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1"  ShowFooter="True" runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSourceHRM" DataKeyNames="Id_file,Filedescr,Filename"                            &...

Deleting a row in a gridview on button click
I have a gridview with the checkboxes in one of the columns of the gridview. I also have a button outside the gridview. when we check one of the checkboxes  and click the button , i want to delete those selected rows. Here i have no database. Iam binded to a datatable. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" style="margin-top:10px;" AutoGenerateColumns="false" OnRowCommand="GridView1_RowCommand" OnRowDeleting="GridView1_RowDeleting"> <Columns> <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate> <asp:CheckBo...

Help on deleting a row in Gridview control
Hi, I need to find out how to delete a row in the GridView control.  I have the following delete control in my GridView:<CODE><asp:TemplateField ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign=center ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="top"><ItemTemplate><asp:ImageButton ID=ibDelete runat=server ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" CommandName="Delete"/></ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField></CODE> What events do I use and how do I get them to fire?  I just started using Gridviews.thanks. Hey,That should all you need to delete a row; a cli...

How to highlight a row on the gridview, by delete button click
Hi guys was hoping someone may be able to help me. I have a Gridview table set up, and have used command fields for Delete, and Edit on each row. Is there any way that i can highlight the row, when the "Delete" link button is clicked (the sameway as the select command works). I dont want users to have to click a select button before clicking, the "Delete" button, and obviously still need the confirm message to appear, then to either delete or cancel next selection. If any one has any alternatives, would be great to hear them. ThanksPhil I think thi...

How to add the delete/edit buttons in GridView control ?
i have a GridView control that is bound dynamically to an AccessDataSource. the GridView control has the attribute 'AutoGenerateColumns' to be true. when i add a 'delete field' to the grid control (by code or by the edit columns feature), it gets added in the beginning of each row. however, i want it to be at the end of each row . how i can do it ? thanks  <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">                <Columns...

Gridview row click event fires, when clicking on controls within row.
I have a gridview control and I have added  a row click event which causes a post back. e.Row.Attributes.Add("onClick", this.Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(this, "Select$" + e.Row.RowIndex.ToString()));  When the user clicks the row, i bind some data to a checkbox list, showing a uers a list of options they have chosen. All good so far. I also have a edit button for each row. When the row is in edit mode i display a checkbox and textbox. Problem is when i click on the textbox or the checkbox, it causes the row click event to fire. Any ida...

how to display "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE IT When delete button is clicked in gridview
HI,       I have a grid view with Title and Location columns ,I have a edit and delete buttons to edit and update the title and location . When i click delete user should be asked with  pop up message saying "Are you sure you want to delete it" .Can anyone tell me how to display tht pop up ?.Also I have another details view for inserting new title and location.I have used Required field validators for both and set different validator grp ,validation works but pop up messages are not coming up saying like " Enter the title" if Title field is ...

delete row or delete all in Gridview?
Hi there, I have a Gridview that bind the data from the .mdb  and I want to have 2 delete buttions, one is delete a row and the other one is delete all from the database.  How do I do it in code behind in c#?  thanks a lot row delete  (temp call rowDel) all delete (temp call allDel) with rowDel: i think you should bound one column in gridview  (or datagrid)<asp:ButtonColumn... and bout allDel: i think you should use a button distinct with gridview.Becoz your required is not complex , when allDel be push you don't care...

How to delete a control from within a control?
Our app has a lot of draggable panels that allow layout of various items. They are effectivle just another resizeable control... They have a close button on the top right. When the close button is clicked, the control needs to erase itself like closing a window. The problem is that in the close button mouse event handler, the control sets its parent to NULL and then calls free() on itself. It seemed to work perfectly until I tried it on my laptop. What happens is that the control frees itself within a mouse handler event (which I knew was the wrong place to do it!). After the event ...

Adding row (one at a time) in gridview on a button click. And cells of added row should contain controls like DROPDOWN LIST or TEXT BOX.
Dear Friends, I am in great need for the solution/hints/guidance of my requirement, if anyone can help with.  Let me explain what I need."I need a Gridview control on a webpage having following 5 columns/fields.     Column 1: It just has a "+" button in its header only (other cells for this column is empty)    Column 2: The Column header here is "FIELD" and  it should contain dropdown list (which is populated from some database)    Column 3: The Column header here is "Operator" and  it should ...

Update and Delete rows from gridview control with sqldatasource HELP HELP
Hello all, I am really lost about this part. I have a gridview control to represent the data from sql server 2005. and i want to update and delete some of the rows. But i have got problem to do so. when i update the row, the data remains the same as before after i click the update button. Even worse, when i click the delete button, the page goes to not found error. I really have got no idea about this, can someone give me a help on this? my controls in the page is: <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"  ...

Urgent:How to Add Row with Control(RadioButton or CheckBox) to GridView in button Click
 Hi all,I have a DropDown in Page having values "Single" and "Multiple" .And one button outsidethe gridView.When i click on button should add one row to Gridview with RadioButton if DropDown selected is "Single"or CheckBox if  DropDown selected is "Multiple". How to Achieve this, help me urgent  Plz.From Ravi.    hiplease go here.Hope this wil help youhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/Dynamic_Control.aspx  Warm Regards.Please don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Find value of label in a repeater in a gridview, when clicking the delete button for the row?
I have a gridview with a nested repeater in the row.  When a user clicks the "Remove" (delete) button from the gridview row, I need to know the value of a label (TitleLabel) in the repeater in the row. I need to do this in the onclick event for the button. How would I do it in VB?  Here's my declarative code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="CID" DataSourceID="Cla...

Help! Find row on which a button was pressed in the gridview control in .NET 2.0
How do you get the exact row (and column data from that row)  on which a button was pressed within a gridview. In .NET v1 using the datagrid control the followingconstruction was available:objArgs.Item.Cells(n).Textusing the datagrid DataGridCommandEventArgs parameter. choices in gridview are     Sub cmdBackTestSummary(ByVal objSender As Object, ByVal objArgs As GridViewCommandEventArgs) ' objArgs.commandname ' objargs.commandarguement ' objargs.commandsource     End Sub but no objArgs.Item.Cells(n) So how do you get the exact row (and c...

problem to delete row in datatable where gridview used to display info for add to cart control
Hi, I want to be able to delete any row from my cart. Each row will have a delete button next to it. I have a gridview displaying my cart and am using a datatable in my code. I have had help to get this far but have now been left with a hint of how to proceed but am not sure how exactly to proceed. I hope someone can help me please. my gridview is as follows,  <asp:GridView AutoGenerateColumns="False" ID="GridView1" runat="server">        <Columns>       &n...

Web resources about - How to delete controls in GridView when the delete button in a row is clicked - asp.net.presentation-controls

Paris attacks: ‘Did your French gun control stop a single f-ing person from dying at the Bataclan?’
Band's frontman supports the National Rifle Association and is a gun enthusiast. Such views seem incongruous in the city of love.

WA fires: Harvey bushfire threatening Brunswick contained and under control
A bushfire that threatened parts of Brunswick has been further downgraded to "advice" as the threat to lives and homes receded.

Use your iPhone to control any AA-powered device with this simple $10 adapter
HomeKit -certified devices are the slickest way to control your technology, but if you have any dumb technology powered by AA batteries, you ...

Inside the wild—and wildly successful—early years of mission control
Mission Control, on the third day of Apollo 8. Seen on the TV monitor is a picture of Earth telecast from the spacecraft 176,000 miles away. ...

Your iPhone can control anything you own that’s powered by AA batteries
Looking for a brilliantly simple and simply brilliant solution to control anything you own that's powered by AA batteries with your iPhone? From ...

Eagles of Death Metal playing Paris tonight; Jesse Hughes speaks out against gun control
Eagles of Death Metal are returning to Paris tonight (2/16) to "complete" their show at Le Bataclan that was a site of the Paris terror attacks. ...

Kids Today Can Whip Around In Mini Electric Cars While Their Parents Control The Action From An App
... my eye as a girl whipped it around a mini track at the convention center, a big ol’ grin on her face. My 8 y.o self is jealous: Parents control ...

Pope Francis signals openness to birth control for Zika virus
Francis also said St. John Paul II's friendship with a married woman was nothing more than that.

How to control your Mac’s volume, app by app
... while the next is too high? Well, shocker! There’s an app for that. It’s called Volume Mixer. This simple app supercharges your volume control ...