How to change the size of the drop down at run time

Hi

 I've placed several drop down lists in the Item Template of Grid View. I've been able to populate info into those drop down, however i had to restrict the size due to many controls in a single grid view. I need to do the following:

1) when the mouse is placed over an item in the drop down, the text has to be displayed as a Tool tip

2) otherwise i want to know how to increase the size of the drop down on the basis of the longest item in the lists.

Thanks in advance.

 Regards

Nishant

0
tgnishant

I don't think there's any elegant way to do this. The first thing that comes to mind is CSS. You can force the dropdown to be a certain width very easily; however, you can't have the dropdown be a different size than it's subitems. If you want something that attempts to get an exact sizing, you can find the longest string in the dropdown and assume a standard width per character -- of course, this won't be exact. The only other thing that comes to mind is replacing the dropdown with the AJAX Control Toolkit's DropDownExtender. This may not work for you, but it's worth a look.
Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin
3/12/2007 9:40:08 PM

hi Flanakin

 thank you for your suggestion. Will check it out.

 Regards

Nishant

0
tgnishant

How do change the Font Name property to the TextBox control at the Run time in .Net 2.0?
Hi., I'm developing a website to support Tamil and English languages at runtime. I'm using Resource files to change the properties of the controls at runtime. There is no Bindable property to change the Font property for the Text Box control. That's my problem. Because I need to change the Font property of the Text Box at runtime. Anybody have any other ideas to change the Font property at runtime? Please Help me...     Advance Wishes for you..............Loganath.V9952070572 Hi, define your differnt font's in a cssfile like thisstyle.css  .text1{f...

change the type of controls at run-time
Hi, Is it possible to change the type of controls at run-time? In other words I have a form with TextBoxes etc. on it.  If the user only has readonly privelages I was wondering if I could change the type of control from TextBox to a Label or something and set the text programatcially as I would the textbox. If so how do I do it? If this is not possible then what is the best way to make the page as read ony. Thanks!Hemant textboxes have a readonly property.  Set the property to true.  This will not allow entry in the text boxes.  You could also disable them (set ena...

How to change the properties of a user control at run time?
hi i'm subrahmanyam i have created a user control (with a HTML table control with some hyperlink controls(web controls) inserted in some cells. i have two properties which can change the background of the user control (html table control and hyperlink control in this sense) - 1. bkcolor - to change the background color of the table and 2. txcolor - to change the forecolor of the hyperlink control. at the time of using the created user control in an aspx i like to change the these two properties of the user control at run time. everything went fine with the property...

Implementing Drag and Drop in Controls at run time
I am using Intraweb 11.0.58 with Rad Studio XE (C++ Builder XE). I am trying to implement drag and drop with some intraweb components and it is not working. Certainly another bug. I did it with C++ builder. It works. It took 5 minutes. I am trying to do it with Intraweb since 2 days and it is not working. I tried for example to drag and drop a TIWimage on a form. I tried with a usual TIWImage and a component I created myself, a TIWImage for which I implemented the DragMode and DragKind properties. None of them is working. The code is below: For TIWImage: void __fastcall TIWFo...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

can you change imagebutton size during run time?
i"m trying to change the imagebutton size according to the image size, using this code dim standing as unit dim laying as unit standing.pixel (80) laying.pixel (20) if imagestate = "stand" then imagebutton1.height = standing else imagebutton1.height = laying end if and i"m geting a very starge resaults (like very big images, or not in the place and so) it is doesn't happened when i change the size in desigh mode! Try changing the code for the units to:Dim standing As New Unit("80px") Dim laying As New Unit("20px&quo...

how to use literal control to change the text at run time
Hello All,I am having issue about the literal control. Be honestly, i am new to asp controls. I don't know how to use the literal controls in my web applications. The situation is: I hope i can change the source value of flash playing in the master page. The master page has got the code like: <form id="form1" runat="server">        <div class="header">            <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"   ...

Globally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time)
hello How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever but I could be wrong firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users thank you PW > {quote:title=Philippe Watel wrote:}{quote} > hello > How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app > My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever > but I cou...

fiGlobally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) [Edit]
hello How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever but I could be wrong firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users thank you PW Edited by: Philippe Watel on Jun 7, 2014 3:11 PM Philippe Watel wrote: > googled forever but I could be wrong If you google a bit more, you may even find the firemonkey group. This is for non-technical questions. ...

How Do I: (1) Show an image in the design time view of my control? (2) Have a controls property be a drop down list at design time?
I'm currently writing my first custom server control and could use a couple of pointers:First off I would like to have my control show an image in its design time view rather than the generic grey box with text in it.Secondly I have a property for my control that can be changed at design time via the properties menu.... at the moment the designer types in a value under the controls properties... I would like a drop down list displayed in the properties with all the available options in it, Any pointers in these directions would be greatly appreciated.    Cheers. ...

How to change original Size property true of picture object at run time
Hello All, Please tell me how to change the property of Picture Object (size is original) How to change original Size property true of picture object at run time I putted one Picture Object on Datawindow and at run time i am changing picture's with it, but it will not change the size of picture, so at run time i have to change it property , original size true, so please tell me how i can do it ? in object property of Datawindow i am not getting any option ? Please Do replay Thanks in Advance I believe I responded to this in another section. On Sat, 10 May 2...

change the row position during run time using drag and drop method for datagrid
hi friends,                       in my project i have a requirement to change the order of rows during run time using the drag and drop method for a datagrid  containign about 40 rows can any one help me how to solve this problem you need javaScript code to do this, find examples about : OnDragStart, OnDrag and OnDrop Events also i may recommand you to use ajax to reorder the rows.but the main idea you need alot alot of javascript work...   Thanx MrLogin,  &n...

how can i assign a dataBinding value to a control that i'm creating at run-time?
how can i assign a dataBinding value to a control that i'm creating at run-time? i just want to know the syntax in the missing place:   Public Sub InstantiateIn(ByVal container As System.Web.UI.Control) Implements ITemplate.InstantiateIn Select Case (_Type)Case ListItemType.Item Dim newLinkButton As LinkButton = New LinkButton() newLinkButton.CommandName = "Select" newLinkButton.Text = ________the missing place_____________ container.Controls.Add(newLinkButton) Exit Select End Select End Sub you should be able to adapt the technique in this article: htt...

Web resources about - How to change the size of the drop down at run time - asp.net.presentation-controls

Name change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For name changes within the Wikipedia community, see Wikipedia:Changing username . For name changes of places rather than persons, see Geographical ...

Weekend Economist: No change
... that occurred this time last year looks unlikely. The Reserve Bank Board meets next week on December 1. We are confident there will be no change ...

Unions must change to represent 'electronic entrepreneurs': Cameron Dick
Twenty-six year Labor Party veteran Cameron Dick has called on the Labor Party and the state's union movement to find better ways to represent ...

Thousands march in Brisbane for climate change action
Thousands marched upon the Brisbane CBD for the People's Climate March, ahead of the Paris climate talks next week.

COP21: Security steps up in Paris as confidence builds around climate change action
The United Nations secretary-general is hopeful a good and ambitious universal agreement will be reached at the Paris climate talks.

Backing up your own music now illegal for Brits, and Apple Music terms may need to change
... music and store tracks on the cloud in blissful ignorance that that is not legal in most cases. It also means that Apple may need to change ...

Security breaches don't lead to a change in IT policy
... have learnt from their experience, with less than half (43 percent) of IT decision makers saying that the breach had not resulted in a change ...

This network of NASA satellites will change the way we fight forest fires
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory is developing a plan to attach over 200 sensors to its system of satellites in order to detect wildfires quickly ...

Zillow Forecast: Expect October Year-over-year Change for Case-Shiller Index Similar to September
... Composite Home Price Indices for October will not be officially released until Tuesday, December 29. This suggests the year-over-year change ...

Gas Pumps In North Vancouver To Warn Pumpers About Climate Change
... published on EV Obsession. The Canadian city of North Vancouver (in British Columbia) will soon be home to gas pumps featuring climate change ...