How to add new rows in the form of rows

Hi,

I can able to insert,delete and update record in gridview but cannot able to insert any new rows in the gird.

In windows application we can insert new records(using DataGridView) into the database but not in web page.

How to insert the records in gridview like control.

Please tell me how to insert records in database in the form of rows. I mean i want to enter 20 records at one time.

Thanks.

Regards

Arshad

Please Mark as Answer if the post is helpful to you.
0
arshadtop

hi,

Have you set the property AllowUserToAddRows=True; for the datagridview?????

0
singhcharandeep
5/4/2009 11:32:11 AM

 If you are using DataSet to bind the GridView, it is pretty easy to do.

Consider, you bind the GridView using a DataSet. You have an "Add"  button which will create a new row in the GridView.

DataSet ds = "GetDataFromDataBase";
gv1.DataSource = InsertRowAtBeginning(ds)
gv1.DataBind();

protected void InsertRowAtBeginning(DataSet ds)
{
   DataRow dr = ds.Tables[0].DefaultView.Table.NewRow();
   ds.Tables[0].Rows.InsertAt(dr,0);
   return ds;
}

This will create a new row in the GridView.

Cheers,
Achutha Krishnan

~ No one can do everything, but everyone can do something ~
0
engineerachu
5/4/2009 1:03:23 PM

what engineerachu wrote is correct

everytime you click the add new button make sure u save the data in the new row into the datatable before add anoter row using rows.insertat

and when you want to save, loop thru the datatable to check whether it exist in the database before insert the new batch

0
mo

PB2.5: how to add a new row on DW and setfocus on specificated field of the new row.
I need to add a row on a datawindow when user press the 'tab' on the last field of the previous row. using dw_1.insertrow(0) in ItemChanged event does'nt work because the focus rest on the "old" line. Someone can tell me instructions to do this ? TIA roberto Roberto; The "tab" on the last field will fire the IC event if data has changed. If you are doing the InsertRow ( ) then, you are almost there in your problem. You may just need to tweak the UI as follows: DW Control IC event ... Long ll_row ll_row = InsertRow (0) ...

Add a new row after current row in gridview
Is there a way to add a new row after the current row in a gridview by clicking a "+" add button, that is beside that current row.   Or is there a way with forms view to have a row of text boxes for data entry then you click the "+" add button beside that row of textboxes and a new row appears below for data entry?  Thanks Hi, Check below link whose last line is available for entry of a new row: http://www.gridviewguy.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleID=139 You can set footer to invisible by default and set it to visible by clicking "+" button.NOTE:If you find m...

Add a new row by duplicating existing row?
How can I add a new row by duplicating existing row? What must I do after triggering the event pfc_addrow()? Should I use datastore to store the existing datawindow values? Thanks. qtran@ladwp.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp RowsCopy(.....) is your friend... -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp :-)) "Q Tran" <see_message_body@domain.com> wrote in message news:h33nIbM0$GA.299@forums.sybase.com... > How can I add a new row by duplicating existing row? > What must I do after triggering th...

how to add new row in middle of the rows in Datatable?
my datatable isNo item1      102       303       50i want to add one row in between 2 and 3.  Is this possible?thanks in advance You need to understand that there is no particular order in which SQL Server stores data in the tables. So unless you specify an order by clause in the SQL statement there is no sense in talking about  the order of data in the table. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Here Datatable means, DataTable in dataset(a...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Using PageTemplate to have a row used to add new rows to the datasource

Add a button to add a new row and insert the new record to gridview
Hello, I have a gridview1 on a page attached to a SQLDataSource.  The gridvioew page is displayed when a selection from a drop down box on the master page matches the FK field (partID) on the gridview page via querystring.  I would like to add a buttton that allows me to add a row to gridview1 without losing the information already displayed, typed in, or updated.  I have the PK and 8 check box feilds set as bound field (DetailID) and all of the remaining 10 text fields converted to template fields.  What is the best way to add this functio...

How to add a new row showing textboxes at the last row of the last page??
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Hi, when I'm on the first page of the datagrid and want to add the new row in the datagrid, how can I show texboxes at the last row on the last page of the datagrid? If I click Add button when I'm not in the last page, then if I go to the last page, the new row is added but it's not in a textbox and I need to click Edit to show textboxes and update... If I'm on the last page and click Add button, it adds a new row and shows textboxes at the last row automatically. so the problem is when I'...

how to add new row & insert controls
Hi,  I have following fields, Projects ------> dropdown Task    -----> dropdown Totalhrs    ----> textbox Notes  ----> textbox i am displaying them in a table format...I have a button like "Add New Row". When user clicks it...I need to add a row to table with all above controls. How to achieve this...plz can anyone help me. All the above controls are web server controls. Thanks, Cute.  Thanks,Cute http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/DynamicControlsPlaceholder.aspx keep a hidden field to store how many ...

How to add new BLANK row in DataList control
Hi Friends, I am using DataList control to display items related to months in my Project using ASP.Net 1.1. There is a situation in which I have to add new blank row at the begining or end of every month. Say, for example, it's like a header for a particular month. Display a row with "January" as the text and below that row need to display items from 1st Jan to 31st Jan. This will repeat for each and every month. My Source code is as follow:HTML CODE:  1 <asp:datalist id="DataList1" style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 32px" runat="server" Height=...

add new row in datagrid, save all rows with just one trip to the server
I used a datagrid in my web app that can add a row dynamically. I added textboxes and radiobutton in the footer as the entry for new rows. Now, I want this new row to be added without posting back to the server then save them in the database with just one trip to the server. How will I do that? Hi, what do you exactly want? When I look at this sentence: this new row to be added without posting back to the server then save them in the database with just one trip to the server it becomes quite mystified to me. You can't add something to the database without a postback (or roundt...

Add a new rows, but the rows don't increment the PK field
Hello I am saving a database table as a xml file. So that a client could use this offline and make changes to the table. Then go online and synchronize them with the main database. I set the identity to decrement. That would solve the problem of having duplicate rows. However, I am not sure what I have done wrong, as everytime I have added a new row. All the rows have -1 for the incidentID (PK) column. So I am getting all -1. I am not sure why it doesn't decrement so that I would get -1, -2 etc. Can you see any mistakes in my code, as to why I am getting ...

Adding a new row between rows
Hi to all. I'm trying to do a sort of SubReport. At this moment I have This Code made. It verifies if the column is equal it will erase it's text. What I would like to do now is if the Cell is not Equal then it will create a row with a label that says Sub Report. I tried some code but it inserts the row at the end. Can any one help me? protected void gridDefectReport_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)    {         if (e.Row.RowIndex > 0)        {     &nb...

Web resources about - How to add new rows in the form of rows - asp.net.presentation-controls

Row - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Purple Row - For Colorado Rockies Fans
Welcome to the SB Nation blog about the Colorado Rockies, established 28 April 2005. Community Guidelines RockiesRoster.

'Hotel Row' springs up in Midtown Anchorage
Since 1997, hotel developers from the Lower 48 have, in effect, colonized a half-mile stretch of C Street from just north of Tudor Road to International ...

Jeb! Says His 'Faith Informs Him' We Should Execute Death Row Inmates More Quickly
Presidential candidate and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush told Meet the Press host Chuck Todd that he's "conflicted" about the death penalty and ...

Suspicious ‘Middle Eastern Man’ Shuts Down DC University Two Nights In A Row
Suspicious ‘Middle Eastern Man’ Shuts Down DC University Two Nights In A Row

Front Row Entertainment Inks Game-Changing Output Deal With BeIn Media
In a sign of the changing landscape of pan-Arab TV, leading indie distributor Front Row Entertainment has inked a five-year first-run output ...

Roger Gurnani Has A Front Row Seat For The Digital And IoT Revolutions At Verizon
... a Verizon since its inception, and worked for one of the predecessor companies for a while prior to that. As such, he has had a front-row seat ...

Gun Sales Set Record for Sixth Month in a Row
... a record number of background checks in the month of October, indicating that gun sales were at an all time high for the sixth month in a row. ...

The Latest: State Rejects Arguments From Death Row Inmate
The Latest: State lawyers say courts already heard, rejected arguments from death row inmate

Manipur’s Inner Line Permit Row: 100 days on, tribals refuse to bury youths killed during stir
To mark the hundred days of the agitation, mass prayers and candlelight vigils were organised across the Kuki-Zomi dominated district and Naga ...