How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net?

How does Visual Studio create ado.net equivalents of the datagrid's and gridview's columns and rows?  I am assuming they make a DataRow for each of the rows.  Am I on the right track with this?
Is the table created by gridview basically a dataset from ADO.net?  Can anyone offer any guidance with this?

Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts.
0
newbie2C

Hi newbie2C#,

The row in datagrid is called DataGridItem and in gridview is called GridViewRow. They are all inherits TableRow Class. DataRow is only one kind of row in GridView control. There are many other types of rows such as Footer, Header and Pager. Here is a link for details: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridviewrow.aspx

GridView can be created by DataSet or DataReader. It can be selected in DataSourceMode in DataSource controls such as SqlDataSource, or you can bind it by yourself.

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

What is the real difference between Server Controls and .NET controls?
This was a class discussion question and I'd like to know, what exactly are the differences? Is there a clear answer? .NET framework controls are server controls. The only difference that I can think of is that the .NET controls are part of the FCL (Framework Class Library). HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

Ado.Net Data Controls.
Hello to all, I am learning ASP.NET 2.0. To access database it has a nice controll called DataSource.But I fell many restriction on accesing data with this kind of source. Like I can not access data from more than one table, Is there any way to do so ??? Second thing I do not get data controls that were awailable in previous version of ASP.NET.They are not listed in Tool Box. Any one can tell me how to get them? mistry_bhavin wrote:I do not get data controls that were awailable in previous version of ASP.NET.They are not listed in Tool Box. Any one can tell me how to get them? Hi, the...

Is there any way to control the width of the Gridcolumn when the data is present and not present
I would like to know if there is any way you can control the gridview column width. Thanks in advance. Digish Hi,   try these link http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/17/10004157/setting-gridview-column-w.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178296(VS.80).aspxBabaIf this post was useful to you, please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer". Thanks You.:-)...

Data Controls Vs. ADO.Net
Background: I'm making the transition from PHP to ASP.Net, and I am using Visual Studio 2005.My question is: Are there general guidelines for when to use the Data Controls over the ADO.Net classes, and vice versa?I'm used to doing everything manually, so I'm leaning towards just using ADO.Net. My gut reaction is that cookie-cutter approaches like the data controls will be limiting with more advanced applications. Do you typically use one or the other, or do you typically find a balance and end up using some of each?Let me know what you think. Thanks!  The 2 main data source controls, ...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Run an event whose control is located in Data Presentation Controls
Hey, How can we fire an event which belongs to such as a button which is located in Data Presentation Controls such as a gridview.For example : Assume that my page contains a gridview control which is contains a button and the button name comes from database by gridview control but i wanna fire button control's own event independently of the GridView. Thanks and Regards.I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Hi:   You can use CommandArgument to distinguish different buttons in the same column: <asp:Button ID="Button2&...

Theming the ControlStyle for BoundField controls within data presentation controls.
Hi all, I was wondering if you can set a default width for template fields and/or BoundField controls within a GridView or  DetailsView / FormView controls? I can change the control widths of bound data control fields, including template fields, by setting the ControlStyle. But if I have a bunch of fields in a DetailsView control for example, it's a pain to have to set the ControlStyle property for each field. I would like to do it in one fell swoop. If I add the following to my skin file, then I get server control rendering errors on my pages. The controls can't be rendered becuase I...

ADO.Net vs Data bound controls.
What are the pros and cons of using ADO.net vs Data bound controls? I know data bound controls might be resource heavy, but alot of tutorials are pushing bound controls (SQLDataSource control and ObjectDataSource Control)I would love to hear anyones opinions and experiences.ThanksMike. Hi Mike, The reason why many tutorials use Data controls is because many times the articles want save time and focus on other core concepts and Data controls allow us to cut down on the data base related code so that the author can focus on the main topic. Another reason is that Data controls are perfect fo...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Data presentation without a data control
The Gridview and Formview controls provide good functionality in some circumstances but are clumsey in others. As a newbie to .NET I was wondering if its appropriate to do databinding with textboxes and other data controls outside of one of the new data controls (formview, gridview, etc). Or is it a new standard to always use one of the new data controls. If the answer is yes, would you still use an SQLDatasource, or would you set up the connection in code? And, how would you deal with the syntax? In the Formview we have: <asp:TextBox ID="fnameTextBox" runat="server" ...

Web resources about - How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Presentation High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Coordinates : 37°17′N 121°54′W  /  37.283°N 121.900°W  / 37.283; -121.900 Presentation ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Presentation Shows Facebook Ad Product Roadmap: Page Metrics, Real Time Ads, No Banners
A document accidentally revealed by a Facebook advertising partner in Poland provides new details on the company’s ad product roadmap. The presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
Reading this blog article will take you only 12 minutes — 12 minutes to find out how to draft great presentations and to become a more effective ...

App Store - SlideShark: View & Share Presentations
Get SlideShark: View & Share Presentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Leaked presentation reveals the Nexus 6P will feature a big 3450mAh battery
Someone has just leaked an official Google presentation for the Huawei Nexus 6P, giving us many more details on the upcoming higher-end Nexus ...

Football Manager 2016 review: Presentation makes perfect
At one point it was all going smoothly. Inspired by Jurgen Klopp, my Liverpool team was playing a high-pressure, high-tempo game that even the ...

PowerPoint Presentation of the Darned
... PowerPoint deck from Jeb’s recent “Imma Tell My Mom, Dad and Big Brother You Were MEAN to Me” conference. There are 112 slides in the presentation. ...