How do I get get values of controls inside datalist?

How do I get values of controls inside datalist?

For example, if I have a label inside header template or item template or footer template?

Is there anyway to change property of label or any other controls inside those template as well?

I would really appreciate if anybody can just post a sample code or a helpful link about datalist? Would really like to know more about the events fired for datalist, itembound, itemcreating etc?

0
abhisheks

hey there,

I used this page to work out how to use datalists

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d89d1d96-03f1-4784-bbb2-a3db1af393f5/aspnet-datalist-and-data.aspx

Aaron

Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem ;)

"Don't worry I code better when I am pissed"
0
gravypower

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

getting values insided datalist control
 Hi I have to get values from the asp:datalist through onUpdateCommand .My controls e.g. text box is lying inside the itemtemplate. And I have a link button to which I have assigned update command. How can I get values from text boxes. I am using <asp:Textbox />thanks  protected void ddlist_UpdateCommand(object source, DataListCommandEventArgs e) {  textbox txt=new textbox(); txt=(textbox)e.item.findcotrol("u r textbox id");  string str=txt.text; }happy codingLive and Let Live Thanks for reply. This works for me.But how to update the values insi...

problem using datalist / how to get value of a control from datalist
Hi all I have a datalist where i m having one linkbutton(where i display name of product ) when i retrive data in datalist on page load there are many rows in datalist.... what i wnat is i want details of the product in OTHER.ASPX on click of linkbutton which is in datalist  can anyone pls help me out....???     Vimal insstead of using link button and use link that will open a new window with Other.aspx and passing a query string like this <a href="other.aspx?productId=<%Container.DataItem("[ur product id fieldname in db]") %>YasserSpica.www...

I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control)
I Used Repeater inside the Datalist now i want to get value of Repeater (textbox control) on button click. Button is inside the datalist, Outside repeater.  Depending on datalist "groupId" Repeater is loding and from the repeater i want the value of "Textqty". This is my code <asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" class="SubContentSearch" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" Width="496px" DataKeyField="id"><ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="groupIdLabel" runat="server" Te...

getting properties of controls inside a table control
Hi, I h ave a Table control "tbl" in which I am adding other controls such as textboxes and labels dynamically. I am trying to access the propertiesof the controls, such as label1.text and textbox1.text , that I dynamically created and added into the table control. The tbl has two columns, in the first column it has labels and textboxes in the second one Is there anyway I can access the properties of all the controls that I added in different columns and rows of table control by looping through the table. Something like, string temp; for(int i-0;i<=(num...

How to get value from all controls in datalist?
I want to get the values from all controls in a datalist but I can't find the correct syntax for this. I have this code:         Dim i As Integer        Dim _item As DataListItem         'Loop through datalist        For i = 0 To DataList1.Items.Count - 1            _item = DataList1.Items(i)            Dim lbl As Label = _item.FindControl...

datalist get control value
I have the following datalist: <asp:DataList id="dlMedia" runat="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="5" DataKeyField="MediaID" OnItemCommand="dlMedia_ItemCommand" OnUpdateCommand="dlMedia_UpdateCommand"> <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /> <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="alternatingphoto" />  <ItemTemplate>   <span class="normaltext">    <asp:Label ID="lblPhotoTitle" runat="ser...

Help getting control name and value of dynamic controls
I have an application which creates a dynamic form consisting of an html table with web controls in the page. I need a user to be able to fill in this form and then grab the values of each control and save both the control name and the control value to a database. This is the Code that I have Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load If not ispostback then Dim infotable As New Table Dim objparticipant As New Participants.ParticipantInfo Dim objCustomFields As New CustomFieldController Dim TypeId As Intege...

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

DataList control inside another dataList control...
one of my aspx page requires to display data from a master table and show another set of data inside each row from a child table i tried by putting a datalist another datalist but could not make it i get errors :: CODE :: Dim ObjChildRental As DataList() Dim StrRentalSql As String = "select rentalid,startdate,enddate,amount,lookup.lookupname as curr from rental inner join lookup on lookup.lookupid=rental.currencyid where rental.propertyid=1" ObjChildRental = DLPropertyMaster.FindControl("dlpropertymaster:_ctl0:dlrental") M.BindDataList(ObjChild...

javascript: Get clientid of a control inside a datagrid or a user control
Get clientid of a control inside a datagrid or a user control in client side so you can use this id in document.getelementById( ) for some client side programming function GetClientId(strid) {      var count=document.forms[0].length;      var i=0;      var eleName;      for (.id;" pos="eleName.indexOf(strid);" if(pos="">i=0; i < count; i++ )      {        eleName=document.forms[0].elements.id;        pos=eleName.indexOf(strid)...

How to get the value hidden control of user control in .aspx page
How to get the value hidden control of user control in .aspx page   Thanks srinivas  If its a server control (runat attribute = server) and its markup starts with <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField1">, you can just call HiddenField1.Value to get the value stored in it. Even if your hidden field is not a standard asp.net control you can still retrieve the value provided the runat attribute is set to server.Hope this helps programming blog Use <%=testhid.ClientId%>For example getting a reference to the object would look like:var testid = document...

Web resources about - How do I get get values of controls inside datalist? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Email Domain Datalist Helper
What if someone signs up for your web app and they type in their email address as susan_smith@gmaoil.com? They don't notice, they never get their ...

South-west Marine Reserves Network - Resources
[toc on_off::hide=0 on_off::automatic=0 on_off::min_limit=5 box::title=Contents box::minlevel=2 box::maxlevel=2 box::hide_show=1 box::collapsed=1 ...

HTML5无障碍支持解决方案
工作正在进行中:实例解决方案 返回 表的图例 & 说明: “不支持" - 意味着如果提供有建设性意义的变通方案仍不能被浏览器支持。 “部分支持” - 意味着建设性意义的变通方案在浏览器中提供一些无障碍支持。 “没实现” - 意味着新特性在浏览器中仍然没有实现。 “支持” - means ...

銆婄函鐪熺殑骞翠唬銆嬬1闆哶楂樻竻鍦ㄧ嚎瑙傜湅_鏂版氮澶х墖_鏂版氮缃?/title>
... 鏂扮櫧鍙戦瓟濂充紶 鏄庢湞澶╁惎鍥涘勾锛屽箍鍏冨湴鍖鸿繛骞撮ゥ鑽?.. 娓╁窞涓€瀹朵汉 銆婃俯宸炰竴瀹朵汉銆嬩互涓€鎴锋櫘閫氫汉瀹剁殑... 闃垮浣块亾浼?/a> 銆婇樋濞樹娇閬撲紶銆嬩互鏈濋矞鏃朵唬涓鸿儗鏅?.. 鐑棬瑙嗛 姝e湪鍔犺浇...璇风◢绛墌 ${++dataList_index} ...

Adactio: Journal
The thoughts and ramblings of Jeremy Keith, a web developer living in Brighton in southern England.

datalist experiment
demo implementation of datalist element

Issues for pfeldman - Code Review
Keyboard Shortcuts File u : up to issue m : publish + mail comments M : edit review message j / k : jump to file after / before current file ...

Google’s new Chrome Beta 24 is 26% faster than last year’s browser
... the Octane Javascript benchmark. For developers, there are tons of new features in Chrome Beta 24 including new un-prefixed APIs, MathML, datalist ...

Accessible Mozilla: Firefox 24
Alex's blog Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Here's a list of Firefox 24 (currently Aurora ) improvements for assistive technology. ARIA We supported ...

Google Chrome 24 Released, Claims 26% Speed Improvement
Google today released a new version of its browser. On the Octane benchmark, this version is claimed to have 26% speed improvement over the last ...