How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005?

How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005?

0
yoswel

From your description, it seems that you want to switch the datasource programmatically during the run-time, right?

If so, I think you should use the LinkedServer in sql statements which is a widely used method for parametric data source needs in reporting services applications.

For more information, see:

http://www.simple-talk.com/community/forums/post/2735.aspx

Thanks.

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

creating reports in Visual studio 2005 using Crystal report
hi: i was trying to create a report using crystal report in visual studio 2005 and i was unable to link my database to the report.rpt can anyone please tell me the steps how to connect my database to the crystal report or any link that may help me.     very ugently. thank you for your support...

Creating Report using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express with SQL 2005 Reporting Services Add-In
Hi I am wanting to learn how to create a Report using SQL 2005 Reporting Services, I use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and have installed the Reporting Services Add-In for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. Does anyone here know of any good step-by-step tutorials on how to get started creating the reports. As I want something to go through how to create the datasource right through to creating / formating the report ready for use. Matthew       This links might help you:http://technoblab.blogspot.comhttp://www.databasejournal.comhttp://www.codeproject.com/...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Programmatically changing shared data sources when running SQL Reporting Service 2005 Reports
Can someone please help me or point me to the right sources on how I can possibly programmatically change the shared data source that was assigned to an RDL when a user runs it from my asp page? I have to create several reports and would like to have the option to let users choose the sql server to connect to and possibly different login credentials. What should I do? Please help. Hope these articles can help you - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252085(VS.80).aspx http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Binding-Data-to-the-ReportViewer-Control-Dynamically-in-ASPNET-20/When ...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service ReportViewer Control and Visual Studio.NET 2003
Hi, We have an ASP.NET 1.1 Application that is written using VS2003 but using SQL Server 2005 as database. Can we use Report Viewer Control that comes with SQL Server 2005 in our ASP.NET 1.1 Application?If not, Can some one suggest some alternative way of showing SQL Server 2005 Reports in ASP.NET 1.1  appllication.  ...

how to generate report using sql server 2005 and visual studio 2005
Dear All,   I am basically new as far as SQl server 2005 concern. I want to try out reporting services provided by sql server 2005. That is make report using sql server 2005 and call that report from web or window application.   Please guide me in doing so or give me some useful link. Thanks       here is some nice vedios to get stated with ssrs http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Standards/Rules/RulesToBetterSQLReportingServices.aspx enjoyanibri fouadMorocco in love with dotNet...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Opening Report Builder reports in Visual Studio 2005
I have created a report in Report Builder and I want to open it in VS 2005.  I have saved the .rdl file and opened it, but when I try to open the report it says VS is missing the data source and report model.  Is it possible to open and edit reports built in Report Builder in VS?   Thanks,  Mike Hey, based on my test, we couldn't open the report which is created in report builder via the visual studio. Hunters. ...

Visual Studio 2005 and reports in Reporting services 2000
Hi all,  Right I have a SQL 2000 database and Reporting services 2000 server on the same machine. After some research i have found you must create reports in Visual studio 2003 which is fine. But the main app is written in Visual Studio 2005. Is it possible to call/ display (not create) the reporting service report 2000 in visual studio 2005? I have tired using the ReportViewer control but been unsuccessful. Thanks Frames_84  I didnt get your question properly. But you can create a project of type "Business Intelligence" in VS 2005 and create/update the repor...

Report in Visual Studio .NET 2005
Hi, I am creating a report in Visual Studio 2005. I have scenario that, a table has say 15 rows like ID, Name as (1, A) (2, B), (3, C), .....(15, J) I want to put them on the report in two columns just like check box list with repeatColumn = 2. How can I do this. Also In one of them should be checked or strike out which was selected in the form. Regards, Ather AliAther Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi, UAE.   I found one solution for my self, that is. Make a databtable with Columns like (Column1, Column1Value, Column2, Column2Value) then retrieve data from ...

Crystal Reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net
Hello guysI am wondering if somebody knows if  there is any benefit buying Crystal Reports 2008, it is included in MS Visual Studio 2005 (I beleive in VS 2008 as well)?I can create Web reports with VS.net 2005 and I am not sure what advantage is having Crystal reports 2008 as separate product.I need to make reports for the management, and I use Visual studio to prepare Web reports on the intranetCan somebody tell me which is the best way to achieve that? Thanks If you are developing in VS 2005, you don't need the full version of Crystal Reports 2008 for your every day,&n...

Web resources about - How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005? - asp.net.presentation-controls

Technology - Business Spectator
Alan Kohler is one of Australia’s most experienced commentators and journalists. Alan is the founder of Eureka Report, Australia’s most successful ...

Technology Magazine - Technology News - Social Media, Smartphones, and Gadgets - Technology Digital
x JOIN THE NETWORK Social Media Smart Phones Gadgets Web 2.0 Video Top Ten Top 10: Business Top 10: Lifestyle Top 10: People Reports Associations ...

Technology Review: The Authority on the Future of Technology
From MIT. Information on Emerging Technologies & impact on business & society

Fashion Institute of Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
leading to the A.A.S., B.F.A., or B.S. degrees. The School of Liberal Arts currently offers a BS degree in Art History and Museum Professions. ...

Great Ocean Road fire: Ash Wednesday survivor says residents better prepared thanks to improved technology ...
... for devastating fires on Christmas Day. A man who lost his Lorne home in the deadly Ash Wednesday bushfires in 1983 says improved technology ...

Today's wearable technology can zap your brain, perhaps even safely
The new frontier of wearable technology is interested in how your brain works, and some devices don’t want just to monitor your brain, they want ...

Hard Disk Drives with HAMR Technology Set to Arrive in 2018
... are still used by hundreds of millions of people and across virtually all datacenters worldwide. Heat-assisted magnetic recording (HAMR) technology ...

I am depressed. Technology is my lifeline
This is a personal account of my experience of depression and how I feel technology has both helped me, and held me back. I've been depressed ...

Consumers value this in-car technology more than driving performance
... innovative and elaborate — drivers can navigate to a destination while operating a smartphone hands-free. And drivers' demand for in-car technology ...

Nanya Technology to issue 320 million new shares at discount
Nanya Technology has set the price of 320 million new shares to be released soon at NT$36.50 (US$1.11) per unit. The price represents a discount ...