how cani save and retrive images from mysql

hi iam looking for some guidance that how cani save abd retrive images from mysql on formview

thanks

anwar khan

0
anwar_khan

 This is an article for ms sqlserver , and you need a little modifications to the code ,

 http://www.beansoftware.com/asp.net-tutorials/images-database.aspx

Instead of using System.Data.SqlClient classes , use System.Data.Oledb or system.Dat.ODBC classes

for example , intead of

Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection

use

 Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
6/23/2008 1:32:28 PM

thx for the reply it was really helpful foe me but the problem is that i have to show that image into the image control not on the new page through response.write any idea how can i get image into image control from data base.

thanks

0
anwar_khan
6/23/2008 3:32:25 PM

anwar_khan:
have to show that image into the image control not on the new page through response.write any idea how can i get image into image control from data base

you must have a separate page ( or handler) which will add the image stream to the response , then your image must point to that page ,

For example , instead of directly specifying the image url , you need to use that page for ImageUrl

<asp:Image ImageUrl="ImageGrabber.aspx"  .....

Where ImageGrabber.aspx is the page that is responsible to read the image from database and add it to the response .

Please read the ImageGrabber section which is in  the article that i mentioned in my previous post .

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

Save image to folder from image control
I know how to save an image to a folder using the fileupload control with the saveas method. But I was wondering how to take an image from the image control and save it to a file without using the fileupload control. I think I may have to use a bitmap, or streamwriter class or something, but I am having trouble figuring it out.Can anyone help me out?  Hey, I'm not sure what you mean.  The Image control references a file via the ImageUrl, so the Image doesn't necessarily load an image, but works with a file.  So I'm not sure how the Image control could be used to...

How can I save an image from image control to harddisk ?
I had upload an image into image control on my Web. Now I want to save this file to specified location on server harddisk but I don' t know how to do. Please tell me how I can do that ! Thanks in advance !...

Bind image retrived from SQL Server to image control
Good day. I have an image stored in SQL Server 2000 and would like to retrieve the image an an Image control. How would I do this?It's okay if you dont get it....

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

BUG: Image Controls in UpdateProgess Control: Can not use FindControl() methods to get Image
There is a single UpdateProgress control on the page. as such: <ajax:UpdateProgress  ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server"   DisplayAfter="100" >         <ProgressTemplate>                <div style="border:2px solid #0099FF; background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:10px; width:200px; height:20px;">               Updating Panel            </div&...

Hotkey Save Image or Save Image As..
Name: soulmisfit Email: dmokimarinoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Hotkey Save Image or Save Image As.. Comments: Is there a way to assign Hotkeys for Firefox Save Image and Save Image As..? If not that would be a great addition. I searched the trouble shooting data base and didn't find anything related. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

.net Project can't find image? but the image is present!
I've got an image in a directory called App_Data, App_Data is on the root of the project. Also i included the image into the project. The image is located in the App_Data directory. If i run the project i dón't see an Image.Its a red cross instead of an image.So i right click for the details:   http://localhost:49984/App_Data/image.jpgEverything is ok.so i made a copy of it and places this in my browser.I get this error: Server Error in '/' Application. HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden. Version Information: ASP.NET Development Server 8.0.0.0 Is thi...

Adding an image control to another image control
I have a panel in a web form and have added a image control too it. Then I set the url to a picture. I then added a smaller image control to the first image control and set the url to a different picture. The problem is that the second control does not show a new picture. Can you not add an image control to another image control or does the parent image control display over the child image control?    I think you can do somthing like that with divs and diddling the z-index: http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=6930I love ...

how to save a image in mysql
 how to save a image in mysql can any once send me code for saving and retrive images  by a procedure in mysql????????...

Detect if image has been saved using Image.Save()?
 I wrote a upload program that as soon as user uploads a picture, the next page will show what picture the user has uploaded. However, right now it looks like that the next page will not show any pictures because the file is still being uploaded. In another words, the page has change even before it finishes uploading. Is there a way to detect if Image.Save() has completed or not? thanks in advance. Are u uploading the file asynchronously? paste your code here.  Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | using  System.IO.File.Exists(filepath) to detect whether the image ha...

save as image control
    Hi I have a page that retrieve a BLOB image object using this code  the page name is image.aspx try { myConnection.Open();OracleDataReader myDataReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader();while ((myDataReader.Read())) { byte[] img = (byte[])myCommand.ExecuteScalar();MemoryStream str = new MemoryStream(); str.Write(img, 0, img.Length);Bitmap bit = new Bitmap(str); Response.ContentType = "image/jpeg";bit.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Jpeg); } myConnection.Close(); }   I have another page with image control that points to image.aspx and hav...

retrive image from database in a image control not a any data part like grid view and repeter ant more
Help    ashwnai Hi, You can solve this by using a HttpHandler that can write to the outputstream a byte array (your image). Take a look at this article: http://www.codedigest.com/Articles/ASPNET/36_HttpHandler_in_ASPNet_PART_2.aspx. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Check ithttp://www.dotnet-friends.com/Articles/ASP/ARTinASP27c1c67b-0483-4d8d-9fca-86d066d03aa7.aspx Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that ...

Using the extended hover control to pop up an image in a panel, how do I make the imageurl of the popup image change to that of the control that has extended hover control
I have a list of thumbnails, and one panel with a image in it.  I want to be able to hover over the thumbnails and show the image enlarged in the image of the popup panel change to the imageurl of the thumbnail.  I konw it has to be done in script.  What would it look like. Thanks Hi, Please check the below sample:   <script type="text/javascript"> function getTop(e) { var offset=e.offsetTop; if(e.offsetParent!=null) offset+=getTop(e.offsetParent); return offset; } f...

Web resources about - how cani save and retrive images from mysql - asp.net.presentation-controls

Snaptell Explorer retrives product listings from the iPhone's camera
Oh man finally, we're getting an app that fulfills the promise of the iPhone. Ever since we knew the iPhone would have a camera and an internet ...

Reading Company Shares - LinkedIn Developer Network
Reading Company Shares Nov 16, 2011 — Kirsten Jones You can use the Company Updates API to read shares for a particular company Note: Before ...

Canberra's Number 1 Hit Music Station
Canberra's Number 1 Hit Music Station

NXFM - Newcastle's Number 1 Hit Music Station
NXFM is Newcastle's number 1 hit music station

Nikos Anagnostou - Webtropic
Read all of the posts by Nikos Anagnostou on Webtropic

Store Products
Skip navigation Customers outside the USA can visit our International Distributor page to locate an Alesis representative in your region. DM10 ...

Profiles
My Profile Profile registration * - mandatory * Nickname: * Password: * Retype the password: * Email: (email will be used to login or retrive ...

This Amazon Storage Facility Will Probably Outlive Us All
... and start backing up your iTunes library, you should probably know that this isn't exactly normal cloud computing. It'll take hours to retrive ...

Faster than a locomotive, leap over giant buildings - yes, its... SMS! Text messaging has twice the users ...
Mobile phone based messaging is 2.6 times as big by users, as email. Mobile phone based messaging has twice as many active users as the total ...

Videos about Rob Ford’s alleged video with crack cocaine in Toronto - canada.com
... addressed the alleged video of Mayor Rob Ford smoking a substance believed to be crack cocaine. Despite controversial efforts to retrive the ...